Why do rappers stay trying to claim they don't write anything down?

laugh.gif
That's like Michael Jordan saying he never practiced. Plus we all know they're lying anyway, but are there some out there who really don'twrite?

I don't get that either. It's not impressive...esp. the way I KNOW they do it. I wish_'s would get off that.

I never understood this...

I know doin tracks from memory is different from freestyling over tracks... but at some point, those lyrics are written down somewhere...

laugh.gif
i was reading the GQ with wayne in it and i dont know if he was doingcause they were there or what but his process seems completely ******ed to me-

he just flows then starts over and adds some then punches in then adds and changes....id smash the monitor after like 20mins if i had to engineer one of hissessions
laugh.gif

i figured it was the drugs- but who can argue with him - he sold what triple plat?

It's a NY thing. We're so used to freestyling that we can spit stories on the spot. So when it comes down to recording a song, it's almostcheating.

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

It's a NY thing. We're so used to freestyling that we can spit stories on the spot. So when it comes down to recording a song, it's almost cheating.

roll.gif

I remember that Jigga said in an interview that he just started memorizing his rhymes when he didn't want to carry a pen and a pad everywhere...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
i was reading the GQ with wayne in it and i dont know if he was doing cause they were there or what but his process seems completely ******ed to me-

he just flows then starts over and adds some then punches in then adds and changes....id smash the monitor after like 20mins if i had to engineer one of his sessions
laugh.gif

i figured it was the drugs- but who can argue with him - he sold what triple plat?
Yep.

Wayne is the punch king.

That's why his $+*+ goes in 3 different directions on one verse. Cause its 3 different ideas conceived and spit @ 4 different times

I believe he does 4 bars @ a time if I'm not mistaken

Originally Posted by dreClark

I believe he does 4 bars @ a time if I'm not mistaken

yeah ^^ i forget which song it was but he was in the studio with somebody and he was spittin it like that...

some songs u can actually tell...

Kanye said he goes in with a line or 2...or 3, whatever...then mumbles the flow over the rest of the beat, comes out, listen to it and fits in words for themumbles.

Yea this has never made sense to me. I mean sure sometimes you might have some ideas and you can just flow off top and have it sound good, but c'mon, weall know Waynes songs would be better if he actually thought about what he was sayin before he said it. Its kind of like the waiter or waitress that thinksthey're hot shh cuz they don't need to write down everyones orders. Its all good until the mess your damn food up and then you're like, why thehell didn't they just write it down!? Same way I feel about Waynes verses sometimes.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

It's a NY thing. We're so used to freestyling that we can spit stories on the spot. So when it comes down to recording a song, it's almost cheating.

roll.gif

chicagomuch?

roll.gif

chicagomuch?

I heard Jesus was born in Brooklyn.

So was Mohammed.

Moses got jumped by some black kids in Crown Heights yesterday.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Kanye said he goes in with a line or 2...or 3, whatever...then mumbles the flow over the rest of the beat, comes out, listen to it and fits in words for the mumbles.

probably why dude always has them stupid +%% pronunciations
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom