Why do you believe that there is a god?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

'Charles Darwin (1859, p. 308) recognised that the sudden appearance of a diverse and highly derived fossil fauna in the Cambrian posed a problem for his theory of natural selection, "and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained." Two obvious possibilities are that animal life did, indeed, evolve very abruptly about that time, or, alternatively, had existed long before, but that, for whatever reason, we have failed to find fossil evidence: the "late-" and "early-arrival" models, respectively.'

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]these losers really idolize Darwin...I swear this Atheist crap is all conceptualized by Europeans: 'DARWIN IS MY HERO'  
eek.gif

roll.gif
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
You might want to cite your source(s).
yeah I'll do that for you professor. 
eyes.gif
...of course the cambrian explosion doesn't disprove evolution..the point is the theory is still a theory that is is not complete. Have they found all the intermediate fossil evidence to prove evolution? Evolution isn't even inconsistent with creation...

Nonsense like God and the soul are lazy people's explanation's to phenomena they do not understand, THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE
Again...just because you can describe the chemical reactions that occur in your brain doesn't mean you've explained anything...ok you understand how it works on a scientific level...how does that better your understanding of 'reality'?..Of course one knows what we see on those substances is a product of our brain...thats the point...

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dudes are a little too confident in their studies when it comes to this discussion.....you don't have much of an understanding just because your a scientist or you have a medical background...imagine if the entire world was populated by these %+# holes who think science disproves God.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've already been around the atheist scientist type enough in real life to know that they have nothing interesting to talk about as people...it's always an atheist who will come at you first....God is all y'all talk about. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psychedelics are researched and proven to do exactly what we say they do. Just continue your usually routine and mock a psychedelic experience by comparing it to some sexual related disorder, you mentioned asphyxiation last time and now your talking about HIV encephalitis  
alien.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have you ever done a psychedelic drug? Your little ego couldn't even handle it. 
laugh.gif
 Continue to drink beer and holla a bellow average white girls up in NYC...you can't even see the stars at night in that dirty, congested, city that you refer to as the greatest place on earth 
eyes.gif
[/font]

Y'all will be right back in the cycle of life and death after you die. Evolution FTW. 
pimp.gif

[/font]

A long list of things make you hallucinate yet idiots choose to glorify illicit substances as being any more spiritual than brain injury, I deal with people that hallucinate all the time and believe me there's nothing "spiritual" about it
. Read up on marijuana and schizophrenia, I think it would explain a lot about certain people in this thread
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

There isn't that much difference from an old man with delirium seeing things, a cocaine addict with tactile hallucinations (cocaine bugs), and a person on psychadelic drugs-different means/mechanisms same concept
laugh.gif
Your brain is processing information without external stimulus

LOL @ you again showing your saltiness by calling out things that have nothing to do with the thread-NYC
laugh.gif
, Nigeria
laugh.gif
grin.gif
what's next? I've lived in Jersey, went to school in Boston and have lived in England-Let me give you some ammo since you are clearly incapable of making rational arguments
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Science can't disprove what never had any proof to begin with
laugh.gif
You must be one of those idiots who thinks science disproves the existence of santa claus, a fat white man in a red suit who goes to every child's home and leaves presents. Science cannot disprove that
laugh.gif

I can tell Sillyputty is having mad fun in this thread, I miss those days when I had time to argue with people who are clearly intellectually several notches below me-It's a bit of a confidence builder, and it's entertaining I miss it
ohwell.gif

PS-I'm not mocking psychadelic drugs, I'm just calling it what it is I'm sorry you are interpreting it as me mocking your drugs of choice.

You're hallucinating, sorry to break it to you there's nothing "cool" about it-it's a trip, it's fun, but there is no difference between your experience and other things that cause people to hallucinate.

Even alcoholics, which is a less cool drug to you apparently
laugh.gif
can cause people to hallucinate upon withdrawal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_hallucinosis

Psychadelic drugs aren't special, they mess up your brain chemistry and cause centers of your brain that deal with olfaction, sight, and gustatory sense to fire aberrantly-You aint special and you're not seeing God
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

OT: What is your views on karma?

Ultimately, its more mumbo-jumbo jargon that equates to BS.

Hear me out.

Most religions or faiths have this principle that other people will get their just due in the end. Those that wronged by others tend to want the offenders to suffer or pay some sort of price. As the degree of the offense increases so does the price they want the person to pay.

By just saying that what goes around comes around, they attempt to make it seem like there is some supernatural or divine scale in which someone is taking score of who does what.

Not the case. 

People just want to feel like they will be served equality...even when they're utterly helpless. They want to feel like the bankers on wall street will suffer in hell for stealing when they don't get caught...or that the vile dictator of a foreign third world country will suffer at the hands of the devil for committing such acts against other people. 

of course, none of this means it will happen. Its another coping mechanism to allow people to feel like SOMEONE ELSE is control.

HOWEVER...

some people can be "cruising for a bruising"...for example...you can't rob banks FOREVER and expect to never get caught...while it COULD happen and some people have never been caught...the odds are REALLY against you that such a thing ever happens. 

Other people can keep bullying or punking others and not realize that someone who won't put up with their mess is just around the corner...and end up putting them in their place... 

Neither one of those are karma.

Originally Posted by QuestLife

How have I not made sense? Is empirical evidence the only thing that can make sense in the world?
Again..the topic is not prove God exists with empirical evidence.which is physically impossible...and shows the delusions of people with scientific backgrounds and condescending attitudes.

the topic is 'why do you believe in God?' not PROVE GOD EXISTS WITH EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE. Thats why its called BELIEF. 

Zeus Horus and Ra are all religious expressions of belief that reinforce social order. Not GOD the creator of the universe. 

You just put Santa in the same sentence as Allah..
eek.gif
...wow..pathetic. 
the topic obviously has changed somewhat. You said it yourself that there is no way to emperically prove that God exists. That right there is Sillyputty's point. You cannot prove that God exists, so why do you believe in one? 

This is the problem with about 1/2 of the country ...also known as the religious right. 
These people VOTE.

THEY DO NOT THINK.

thats why we're in some of the problems we are in now. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

You might want to cite your source(s).
eyes.gif
...of course the cambrian explosion doesn't disprove evolution..the point is the theory is still a theory that is is not complete. Have they found all the intermediate fossil evidence to prove evolution? Evolution isn't even inconsistent with creation...

Nonsense like God and the soul are lazy people's explanation's to phenomena they do not understand, THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE
Again...just because you can describe the chemical reactions that occur in your brain doesn't mean you've explained anything...ok you understand how it works on a scientific level...how does that better your understanding of 'reality'?..Of course one knows what we see on those substances is a product of our brain...thats the point...

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dudes are a little too confident in their studies when it comes to this discussion.....you don't have much of an understanding just because your a scientist or you have a medical background...imagine if the entire world was populated by these %+# holes who think science disproves God.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've already been around the atheist scientist type enough in real life to know that they have nothing interesting to talk about as people...it's always an atheist who will come at you first....God is all y'all talk about. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psychedelics are researched and proven to do exactly what we say they do. Just continue your usually routine and mock a psychedelic experience by comparing it to some sexual related disorder, you mentioned asphyxiation last time and now your talking about HIV encephalitis  
alien.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have you ever done a psychedelic drug? Your little ego couldn't even handle it. 
laugh.gif
 Continue to drink beer and holla a bellow average white girls up in NYC...you can't even see the stars at night in that dirty, congested, city that you refer to as the greatest place on earth 
eyes.gif
[/font]

Y'all will be right back in the cycle of life and death after you die. Evolution FTW. 
pimp.gif

[/font]

A long list of things make you hallucinate yet idiots choose to glorify illicit substances as being any more spiritual than brain injury, I deal with people that hallucinate all the time and believe me there's nothing "spiritual" about it
. Read up on marijuana and schizophrenia, I think it would explain a lot about certain people in this thread
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

There isn't that much difference from an old man with delirium seeing things, a cocaine addict with tactile hallucinations (cocaine bugs), and a person on psychadelic drugs-different means/mechanisms same concept
laugh.gif

LOL @ you again showing your saltiness by calling out things that have nothing to do with the thread-NYC
laugh.gif
, Nigeria
laugh.gif
grin.gif
what's next? I've lived in Jersey, went to school in Boston and have lived in England-Let me give you some ammo since you are clearly incapable of making rational arguments
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
You must be one of those idiots who thinks science disproves the existence of santa claus, a fat white man in a red suit who goes to every child's home and leaves presents. Science cannot disprove that
laugh.gif

I can tell Sillyputty is having mad fun in this thread, I miss those days when I had time to argue with people who are clearly intellectually several notches below me-It's a bit of a confidence builder, and it's entertaining I miss it
ohwell.gif

PS-I'm not mocking psychadelic drugs, I'm just calling it what it is I'm sorry you are interpreting it as me mocking your drugs of choice

You're hallucinating, sorry to break it to you there's nothing "cool" about it-it's a trip, it's fun, but there is no difference between your experience and other things that cause people to hallucinate

Even alcoholics, which is a less cool drug to you can cause people to hallucinate upon withdrawal

Psychadelic drugs aren't special, they mess up your brain chemistry and cause centers of your brain that deal with olfaction, sight, and gustatory sense to fire aberrantly-You aint special and you're not seeing God
roll.gif

Son what are talking about you 'miss it'? You've been right along for the ride the entire time...do try to play it off nonchalantly like you aren't constantly participating in these topics.....
30t6p3b.gif

How many times do the Atheists have to reference Santa Claus in this thread? Yeah I'm soooooo intellectually inferior than you are Anton.  Because I didn't chose a medical or science based field to base my life and career around...I could have easily chosen that path...this whole thread y'all have asserted your scientific backgrounds give your opinion more credibility which is false. You guys aren't the only smart people. 

laugh.gif
@ 'just calling it what it is'..the almighty Anton knows what a psychedelic experience is....he's just never had the experience...he knows what it is though because he read about all the chemical reactions in his science books.
laugh.gif

Have psychedelic drugs shown therapeutic value? The answer is yes, and it is backed by research regardless of what you say.  Keep it moving. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean your right. Psychedelic therapy has shown success in curing alcoholism, rehabilitating career criminals, as well as helping terminally ill people who are near death settle with their fate.  

So say they aren't special all you want, you talk like you determine whats cool, when we all know who really does.  In reality your just a follower.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

[/font]

[/font]

alien.gif
[/font]

[/font]

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
[/font]

pimp.gif

[/font]

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, Nigeria
laugh.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

PS-I'm not mocking psychadelic drugs, I'm just calling it what it is I'm sorry you are interpreting it as me mocking your drugs of choice

You're hallucinating, sorry to break it to you there's nothing "cool" about it-it's a trip, it's fun, but there is no difference between your experience and other things that cause people to hallucinate

Even alcoholics, which is a less cool drug to you can cause people to hallucinate upon withdrawal

roll.gif
Son what are talking about you 'miss it'? You've been right along for the ride the entire time...do try to play it off nonchalantly like you aren't constantly participating in these topics.....
30t6p3b.gif

How many times do the Atheists have to reference Santa Claus in this thread? Yeah I'm soooooo intellectually inferior than you are Anton.  Because I didn't chose a medical or science based field to base my life and career around...I could have easily chosen that path...this whole thread y'all have asserted your scientific backgrounds give your opinion more credibility which is false.

Have psychedelic drugs shown therapeutic value? The answer is yes,  regardless of what you say.  Keep it moving. Just because you disagree doesn't mean your right. Psychedelic therapy has shown success in curing alcoholism as well as helping settle the terminally ill people who are near death.  So say they aren't special all you want, you talk like you determine whats cool, because in reality your just a follower.
laugh.gif

LOL @ you getitng mad whenever Santa is brought up like it's that much different from your "Yawheh"

Santa gives people gifts if they're good
God doesn't punish people if they're Good
I know it makes you mad, but this comparison is not that far off

LOL my point wasn't about the usefulness of psychadelics-marijuana has medical benefits as well

I was making a point about hallucinations and whether or not its proof of "God", a lot of things make you hallucinate including brain injury-Are schizophrenics who live life in a constant psychotic state a proof that God exists?
laugh.gif
Are patients who experience olfactory hallucinations proof of God's existence?

And just as many/more studies show a link between psychadelic drugs and brain injury and mental illness, especially if used during the critical years of brain development

People who smoke marijuana in their youth are at a higher risk for many psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia

Hell even alcohol has health benefits (specifically red wine) in moderation-but no one is gonna sit there with a straight face and try to campaign for how alcohol is good for you
laugh.gif
I

You know what else helps with people who are "near death" and in pain? Methadone and opiates-your drug of choice isn't "special"

LOL @ follower, coming from a person that acknowledged the fact that most people on this planet follow God
grin.gif
I'm clearly a failure at being a follower

And no you couldn't have "chosen" that path, you could have "tried" tho
nerd.gif
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say you don't have what it takes

Stop making irrational arguments, and do what you do best-say something about Nigeria
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Kramer

Well do you? You just seem very unprofessional for how learned you claim to be

eek.gif

4q2OY.gif

The AUDACITY of this ....right here... 

How does anything about his "tone" imply how smart he is? Or how does that invalidate WHAT he says. 

HOW you say something doesn't mean anything unless you're an emotional fool. 

WHAT is said is all that REALLY matters. 

I could care less for your feelings. 

The POINT is all that matters. 
Dude, we're just tryin to have a civil debate and you guys are typing in size 50 fonts, capital letters, and name calling. I seriously doubt you guys got through college by calling people fools and every other insult you've thrown out. It's just unnecessary the way you guys are talking in here. Seems like you're the one getting offended over nothing, I was just pointing out what I thought about your overall demeanor. And pleasurePhD I'll admit you do know a ton of stuff and congrats on all the degrees

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, Nigeria
laugh.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

How many times do the Atheists have to reference Santa Claus in this thread? Yeah I'm soooooo intellectually inferior than you are Anton.  Because I didn't chose a medical or science based field to base my life and career around...I could have easily chosen that path...this whole thread y'all have asserted your scientific backgrounds give your opinion more credibility which is false.

Have psychedelic drugs shown therapeutic value? The answer is yes,  regardless of what you say.  Keep it moving. Just because you disagree doesn't mean your right. Psychedelic therapy has shown success in curing alcoholism as well as helping settle the terminally ill people who are near death.  So say they aren't special all you want, you talk like you determine whats cool, because in reality your just a follower.
laugh.gif

LOL @ you getitng mad whenever Santa is brought up like it's that much different from your "Yawheh"

LOL my point wasn't about the usefulness of psychadelics-marijuana has medical benefits as well

I was making a point about hallucinations and whether or not its proof of "God", a lot of things make you hallucinate including brain injury-Are schizophrenics who live life in a constant psychotic state a proof that God exists?
laugh.gif

And just as many/more studies show a link between psychadelic drugs and brain injury and mental illness, especially if used during the critical years of brain development

People who smoke marijuana in their youth are at a higher risk for many psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia

Hell even alcohol has health benefits (specifically red wine) in moderation-but no one is gonna sit there with a straight face and try to campaign for how alcohol is good for you
laugh.gif
I

You know what else helps with people who are "near death" and in pain? Methadone and opiates-your drug of choice isn't "special"

LOL @ follower, coming from a person that acknowledged the fact that most people on this planet follow God
grin.gif

nerd.gif
Methadone and opiates are both pain relievers and thus in a completely different category...medicine is one thing...but therapy is different compared to fat doctors caking off prescribing addictive pharmaceuticals.  
There is no real link between mental illness and psychedelics....if there is any research backing that up you should support it. That always has been propaganda from people who deny the therapeutic value of psychedelics. It'll make you schizo! Nah...chances are the person already had those tendencies before they got into psychedelics, which have also reportedly helped cases of schizophrenia as well. 

You can say I couldn't have chosen that path, but I certainly could have because I almost did, and still can....my path is wide open right now. 

What is clear in this thread is not whether or not God exists...but that the people who don't believe consider their opinions to be more credible than everybody else's....all I'm saying is your grossly overrating your own intelligence.

If our world was determined by pure ration maybe you guys would hold a more influential place in society....so I'm not going to interfere with your atheist e-rallies anymore.
happy.gif

AntonLaVey wrote:
B Smooth 202 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

A long list of things make you hallucinate yet idiots choose to glorify illicit substances as being any more spiritual than brain injury, I deal with people that hallucinate all the time and believe me there's nothing "spiritual" about it.
Read up on marijuana and schizophrenia, I think it would explain a lot about certain people in this thread
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Your brain is processing information without external stimulus.

laugh.gif
, Nigeria
laugh.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I

grin.gif

nerd.gif

Anton you killin me homie.
roll.gif
Your convo with this fool is hilarious, and what makes it even more funny is that he thinks he is schoolin you, when you making him look so ridiculous.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I

grin.gif

nerd.gif
Methadone and opiates are both pain relievers and thus in a completely different category...medicine is one thing...but therapy is different compared to fat doctors caking off prescribing addictive pharmaceuticals.  
There is no real link between mental illness and psychedelics....if there is any research backing that up you should support it. That always has been propaganda from people who deny the therapeutic value of psychedelics. It'll make you schizo! Nah...chances are the person already had those tendencies before they got into psychedelics, which have also reportedly helped cases of schizophrenia as well. 

You can say I couldn't have chosen that path, but I certainly could have because I almost did, and still can....my path is wide open right now. 

What is clear in this thread is not whether or not God exists...but that the people who don't believe consider their opinions to be more credible than everybody else's....all I'm saying is your grossly overrating your own intelligence.

If our world was determined by pure ration maybe you guys would hold a more influential place in society....so I'm not going to interfere with your atheist e-rallies anymore.
happy.gif

lol and the studies showing psychadelics being "good" for you isn't propaganga? Classic, if I don't agree with the research it's probably propaganda and a conspiracy gargon
laugh.gif

LOL @ already had those tendencies
laugh.gif
You clearly don't know how these studies are done-they control for things like age, race, other drugs used and any confounders they can think of to make sure the test subjects didn't "already have those tendencies"

This also makes sure whatever differences they find are strictly due to the drugs they were taken-look up how scientific research studies work before making stupid comments-It's a very careful, systematic process. We don't contact journal with an essay about how we took mushrooms and saw God and expect people to see it as fact, it doesn't work that way

If the path you're trying to take is the same path I've taken, it might be a bit of an uphill battle for you but more power to you I guess
laugh.gif

Anyhow gtg home tty in a bit
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

because i've accomplished things that I couldn't do on my own.

And he chose to help you, and forsake others who pray for his help?

Typical religious egotistical bullcrap
ohwell.gif
me me me me me, God loves ME don't care about the guy down the street

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

2 things: pleasurePhD how do we know you actually have a phd? And 2nd can we just all agree that no one is going to be convinced of anything and lock this up

1. You actually don't know, but you could ask.

2. I kind of agree, yet I still have so many unanswered questions. I would especially like to hear from JaysRcrak, and his opinion on my last post. Seeing how I apologized to him and admitted fault can he get over it and  finally actually answer my real questions and comments.

In regards to your last post concerning our debate:

1. That was my original point to begin with. Our technology is limited. So scientists can't prove, once and for all, how we got here. Just as no one can prove once and for all that God exists. What will you say, when we have the technology, but it finds evidence that God actually does exist? It works both ways. I don't challenge the entire field of science. Only the unprovable theories like the ylem of the BBT. It is impossible test to anything at that density,(the entire universe contained in something several billion times smaller than a proton)
but yet that did not stop them from forming a theory around it. They say the universe contracted to the density of the ylem causing the "Big Bang" that caused our universe to start expanding. (Not to mention the fact that somewhere in between it had to slow down to allow for the "clumping" of elements that created the stars, plantes,etc, and then resumed expansion) None of these ideas have been tested. Thats why the BBT is as equally perposterous as saying God created it all. Which again was my original point.
Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

The scientific explanation of creation has as many holes in it as the religious explanation.

2. I do not discredit the use of IgG subclass assays all together. Only as a method to predict a person's food allergies. I only posted the links to show that there are several reputable sources that agree with my point of view. However, after consulting with someone with actual expertise in the subject (my girlfriend- PhD in Biomedical Sciences at Johns Hopkins University), yes, my girlfriend is a scientist, my description of why IgG subclass assays arent ideal for those kind of test was not 100% accurate. I will admit that to you. While she agrees with me, she says it is not as cut and dry as saying "they are an unproven method for diagnosing food allergies," because there are other factors involved.

But my main point for even bring up the assays was as a rebuttal to sillyputty saying everything has to be proven, when that is obviously incorrect.

3. I have already addressed your questions on God. At this time it is unknowable, therefore impossible, to prove the existence of God.

But question the OP asked is why do you believe in God? And people gave their answer. Which is what gave spark to the whole "prove it" debate in the first place.

Well do you? You just seem very unprofessional for how learned you claim to be

eek.gif

4q2OY.gif

The AUDACITY of this ....right here... 

How does anything about his "tone" imply how smart he is? Or how does that invalidate WHAT he says. 

HOW you say something doesn't mean anything unless you're an emotional fool. 

WHAT is said is all that REALLY matters. 

I could care less for your feelings. 

The POINT is all that matters. 
Dude, we're just tryin to have a civil debate and you guys are typing in size 50 fonts, capital letters, and name calling. I seriously doubt you guys got through college by calling people fools and every other insult you've thrown out. It's just unnecessary the way you guys are talking in here. Seems like you're the one getting offended over nothing, I was just pointing out what I thought about your overall demeanor. And pleasurePhD I'll admit you do know a ton of stuff and congrats on all the degrees

Boo. 

Hoo.

You got NONE of that which you said you did. 

Congrats for trying to make yourself a victim.

I did actually. It was called LEARNING STUFF.

I'm not mad, you're just incredibly ignorant because you refuse to learn things for yourself. 

Lol i think people here have such a strong urge to find definite answers. If you can afford the time doing so and you derive satisfaction from it, keep on.
I say just glory in the mystery and paradoxes of life, especially religion. Appreciate that life is complex. It isn't a problem to solve, but a mystery to be lived. 

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I

grin.gif

nerd.gif

happy.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're just being silly. LSD LITERALLY FRIES YOUR BRAIN dude. LITERALLY.  
roll.gif

Bruh is already questioning if god exists 
roll.gif

ohwell.gif

Do you pray? Do you expect whatever you pray for to happen? I don't try to explain it, I've lived a very blessed life or maybe I'm just lucky. You can make your case for why believing in god is illogical or non-sensical; I couldnt be happier with where I am in life, and I think my faith has something to do with that. Good thing I'm a Poli Sci major, I dont think I have the brains for Philosophy.

sillyputty and anton both sound like pretentious douche bags...get over yourselves.

i can respect a humble man's opinion, but you two shove your ideas down others throats.

realize this:
nothing you say or do is going to change a strong believer's opinion about their own faith---whatever faith that may be. This will NEVER happen, not you nor the billions of people smarter than you on this topic will change the entire world into believing in what you and atheist/agnostic community believe in.

your self-righteousness and crusade like attitudes are not getting you any where. the ignorance within both of you is embarrassing.

Originally Posted by copped

sillyputty and anton both sound like pretentious douche bags...get over yourselves.

i can respect a humble man's opinion, but you two shove your ideas down others throats.

realize this: nothing you say or do is going to change a strong believer's opinion about their own faith---whatever faith that may be. This will NEVER happen, not you nor the billions of people smarter than you on this topic will change the entire world into believing in what you and atheist/agnostic community believe in.

your self-righteousness and crusade like attitudes are not getting you any where. the ignorance within both of you is embarrassing.

I'm ignorant for NOT believing in something I have no reason to believe in?
Are you ignorant for not believing in the gods of other religions and faiths? 

Originally Posted by RevTheJedi

ohwell.gif

Do you pray? Do you expect whatever you pray for to happen? I don't try to explain it, I've lived a very blessed life or maybe I'm just lucky. You can make your case for why believing in god is illogical or non-sensical; I couldnt be happier with where I am in life, and I think my faith has something to do with that. Good thing I'm a Poli Sci major, I dont think I have the brains for Philosophy.

Being happy doesn't mean someone 
A. Created you

B. Said you have to worship it

C. said you have to acknowledge it

D. answers prayers. 

Originally Posted by copped

realize this: nothing you say or do is going to change a strong believer's opinion about their own faith---whatever faith that may be. This will NEVER happen, not you nor the billions of people smarter than you on this topic will change the entire world into believing in what you and atheist/agnostic community believe in.

I'm ignorant for NOT believing in something I have no reason to believe in?
Are you ignorant for not believing in the gods of other religions and faiths? 
No, you're ignorant for thinking you'll change the beliefs of people with faith.
No one's saying you're wrong for stating what YOU believe in, yet you quote every single person who types up their testimony and you try shooting down what they believe in.  Who are you to say what's right and wrong?

Back
Top Bottom