Why does it always take a NY rapper to put someone from PHILLY on/ninjahood last.FM list >______

Originally Posted by ninjahood

from beanie and state prop on rocafella , cassidy/EVE with Ruff ryders, freck billionaire with Fabolous, giille da kidd wit cash money, Etc..

these dudes are talented yet they ALWAYS somehow always trapped inside philly...and they're music don't travel.

Nobody in cash money or has ever been in it is from ney york.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLscan

The Roots Black Thought?

*fixed*

And you can't forget what VA has done for some of Philly's exposure (Dutch & Spade, Ab-Liva, Ms. Jade, etc...).

Philly as a whole, let alone rappers, is just TOO hood for tv.

P.S.- Philly chicks FTW!

Well right now Philly rap is better than anywhere else in the world, including NY. AOTP by itself is untouchable right now.

The only reason NY rappers put most people on to philly "talent" is because the people are too ignorant to realize the massive talent pool there andgo look for it themselves. If you think dudes like Beanie and Freeway are the best Philly has to offer..
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Even going back to the late 80's Philly's hip hop scene was in strong competition with NYC for the #1 seed with the Hilltop Hustler/Juice Crew beefs.Obviously NY came out hard in the early 90s and blew Philly away with the '93-'96 classics but Philly has been dominating the underground scene from'98 on.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif
@ son's last fm.

Close minded dude
smh.gif
cuz i like my rap strong and to da point?
grin.gif
eyes.gif
Because you don't listen to anything else.
indifferent.gif
so? that means when i talk about rap i more inclined to know what im talkin about.
pimp.gif

Wait...u think freck is better than wale..

*does sambo shuffle at NAACP Awards*

Originally Posted by Ricky Walters

How Big got 50 plays and Rocky Faced Rell got 300? Like I said before, that last fm is garbo.
laugh.gif

your taking plays by face value...you honestly think i've ONLY played biggie that many times on my PC?

plus ready to die and life after death is only 2 albums.

i've had both since they both dropped...can't keep over playin those albums when new mixtape material/albums drops daily.

speakin of philly whatever happened to them phillys most wanted guys who made that cross the border song back in 2000, i know they had another song that had avideo but after that i haven't heard anything about them.

Dude just has the list of the most obvious ones any idiot would put on his ipod if you told him to add some NY rap. Solid ?
roll.gif
Seeing these last FM listsis always interesting because then you realize why some of these dudes have no idea what they are talking about 90% of the time.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

They have more important things to worry about... Like dodging bullets every weekend
smh.gif
smh.gif

Philly has/had A LOT of talented dudes, they just don't exactly fit the mode of artists built to sell records in the modern day label structure...
Joey Jihad
Reed
Chic Raw
Tec 9
Etc.

Its a lot of cats that's dope... But they're material is WAAAY too street to ever sell in a store... & they're always beefin with eachother...

Yea. Philly is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too RAW to ever go mainstream... Aint nothin like throwin that Philly *@@* on to get amped.
devil.gif

" Them ninjas !*%@, I catch em in the same spot. Different day. Same glock. Sunny weather. Rain shots."

That's why I love Philly rap. It's so raw and cruddy. Dudes be recording albums in between their murder trials; literally. NY used to be on that... nowits on some limp wrist tight jean I <3 penis, watering flowers, and baking muffins ++!%+##% making me ashamed to even be from here.

If you think Joey, Tec, Reed and them dudes are too street... wait till you hear an AOTP album.

Originally Posted by M16

Dude just has the list of the most obvious ones any idiot would put on his ipod if you told him to add some NY rap. Solid ?
roll.gif
my last fm list albumwise >>________

im sorry i ain't listening to da trendy sexi pics like wale, kid cudi, drake, etc. gimme classics, hard grimey *+% like philly rap/old NY rap or gimmeDEATH
pimp.gif

diplomats%7E%7E_diplomati_101b.jpg
2pac_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpg
me_against_the_world.jpg
1z5t25y.jpg
JuelzSantanaFromMeToU2003.jpg
jay-z-reasonabledoubt.jpg
jay-z-the-blueprint1.jpg
B000000112.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
1237068517650_f.jpg
082-BITD_Onyx_Bacdafucup.jpg
JimJonesHustlersPOME.jpg
jealousonesenvy.jpg
The-Rich-Yung-Report-mid18891-large.jpg
51W9PNPP81L._SL600_.jpg

JR_Writer_Writers_Block_Part_1-front-large.jpg
JR_Writer_Writers_Block_Vol_2-front-large.jpg
nas_illmatic_pv.jpg
7784.gif
nas-untitled.jpg
hell_rell.jpg
hell-rell-black-mask.gif
Hell_Rell_The_Extermination_Return_Of_The_Grind-front-large.jpg
1.jpg
jadakiss_the_last_kiss_official_cd_album_cover1.jpg
510W8RWM1VL._SS500_.jpg
Come+Home+With+Me.jpg
images
images
images
images

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

to say my list is ANYTHIN but solid is just hatin on da fact that i can careless about ya region
laugh.gif
i bleed east coast rap.

You must have me confused with someone else. wale, kid cudi, drake ? nah, we both heterosexual here.

I love hardcore grimey gutter 90's east coast rap more than anyone on NT. Your missing tons of it though. You have the most obvious ones everyone thinks ofoff the top but are missing plenty of must-have classics, so your collection is far from solid. My Queensbridge collection is probably larger than your entireItunes library just looking at what you posted so far.

Originally Posted by M16

You must have me confused with someone else. wale, kid cudi, drake ? nah, we both heterosexual here.

I love hardcore grimey gutter 90's east coast rap more than anyone on NT. Your missing tons of it though. You have the most obvious ones everyone thinks of off the top but are missing plenty of must-have classics, so your collection is far from solid. My Queensbridge collection is probably larger than your entire Itunes library just looking at what you posted so far.
laugh.gif

__ please

i have every QB rapper from da juice crew to intelligent hoodlum to kool G rap, to masta ace on my ipod, unfortunately there's only 24 hours in a day so ican't listen to 160 gig ipod in one day.

Your missing tons of it though.
i got pleeeeeeenty fams, all i listen to is tristate area rap, with SUPER light sprinkles of anybody else from da west,south.

Well intelligent hoodlum (tragedy khadafi) was in the Juice Crew
laugh.gif
Masta Ace and Kool G Aren't even FROM QB...
laugh.gif

Obviously no way to confirm what your saying unless you post your QB collection.. I doubt it though. Every QB rapper ? on only 160 gig ?
roll.gif
Come on fam...no need to front.

No hate, I'm just responding based on some of the garbage you posted so far trying to pass off as "grimey ny rap"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricky Walters

Originally Posted by M16

My Queensbridge collection is probably larger than your entire
Itunes library just looking at what you posted so far.

My Dad can beat up will kill your Dad.

Originally Posted by M16

Well intelligent hoodlum (tragedy khadafi) was in the Juice Crew
laugh.gif

Obviously no way to confirm what your saying unless you post your QB collection.. I doubt it though. Every QB rapper ? on only 160 gig ?
roll.gif

No hate, I'm just responding based on some of the garbage you posted so far trying to pass off as "grimey ny rap"
laugh.gif

son you talkin to a damn near 26 year old NYCer with every source from 1994 to present about NYC grimey/hardcore rap from da 90's

ash.jpg

"don't even embarrass yourself tryin to battle me"

i ain't these 90's born NTers b......i ain't your funny man from cleveland hatetime duke dat wouldn't know a hardcore album if it gun buttedhim on da temple
laugh.gif

i do this
pimp.gif

Sure.

I'll take your word for it.

Just saying that what I seen so far looks no different than something my 12 year old cousin can throw together in an hour or two. Maybe 1-2 albums posted sofar are anywhere near grimey; and look like some Kidz Bop compared to underground from Philly
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom