Why Does Mos Def Suck So Much Now?

no idea...dude used to be in my personal top 5. stopped checking for him after that garbage @#$ true magic CD, the worst $10 i ever spent. @#$% was not evenmixed

He doesn't suck....

and plenty of people have fell off harder... look at Will Smith or Shyheim
laugh.gif

is his new album bad? i was going to check it out....

Originally Posted by M16

He doesn't suck....

laugh.gif

smh for will smith for releasing that lost and found CD....

I don't think he sucks but gotta say wasn't really feelin The Ecstatic, Auditiorium, Priority, and History were dope tho
pimp.gif

Personally, I love his new album. Love the production, and I'm not a HUGE fan.

The Ecstatic- man this album is fire, this is the type of hip hop I love, cop the album support a real hip hop artist

Nah he just really doesn't give a @**$ when it comes to what albums YOU/WE want. I think his mindset is w/e he drops his fans will like.

Nothing was wrong with The Ecstatic other than it was short as @**$. I mean he gave us 2 classics. Guess he not going as hard as before.

I will admit with all that talk about battling dudes who claim they're the greatest he should've brought the heat with this album. Somebody need tolight a fire under his %*+. I don't think it will be Talib with this upcoming Blackstar album.

Originally Posted by M16

He doesn't suck....

laugh.gif
will smith is a better actor...and shyiem's first album >> mos def's first album

i think mos really tries hard not to be considered a rapper. he loves music but he doesn't wanna glorify rap cuz of all the garbage thats out now.

he has his own style and he doesn't need to make music, if u get a song or a cd your lucky.. thats more than dre will give u. dre dont even write ornothing anymore.

He doesn't suck....its like his heart isn't in it and drops an album just he can....I think his heart is more into acting

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Trust that if he decided to drop an album of straight up Hip-Hop with no singing, it would be mind blowing.
thats always the case
thats not jus necessarily mos either
ohwell.gif

shyiem's first album >> mos def's first album

I must hear Shyheim's lp if you're comparing it to Mos' first joint. That's one of the most classic albums ever.

Are you on drugs?

Black on Both Sides is a classic.
The New Danger was very, very good. (Rape Over, Sex Love & Money, Sunshine, Close Edge, the Panties, Grown ManBusiness)
Tru3 Magic doesn't get enough credit. A couple of the songs were
eyes.gif
but others were very good (U R the One is classic IMO, Thug is a Drug, Dollar Day (KatrinaKlap), Murder of a Teenage Life, Fake Bonanza are all
pimp.gif
)
The Ecstatic was not what I was expecting from Mos though... this is the first time an album of his was 'all overthe place' with no concept. Even still, tracks like Supermagic, Twilite Speedball, Priority, Life In Marvelous Times, Pistola (best track on the album),Workers Comp, and History were
pimp.gif
)

He doesn't suck.. he just has alot on his plate right now child support.. bad wives may have to put #!@$ on hold for a while

Back
Top Bottom