Why dont people mention Dallas as a player in the LeBron sweepstakes?

I know I may get flamed for this, but I would not be surprised if LeBron is wearing a Mavs uniform next season...

Here's why:

* Mavs can renounce Josh Howard and his 10M contract
* Dampier's 12M contract can come off the books
* Drew Gooden is in the last year of a 4.5M deal
* LBJ listed Dallas as one of his favorite cities
* No state tax in Texas
* He can play w/ J Kidd and Dirk
* He's a big Cowboys fan
* Mark Cuban and a class organization

Sure, there's more star power in NY, but on July 1st if Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd knock on his door who can offer a better deal?

I wouldnt be surprised if LBJ's trip to the new Cowboy stadium's grand opening was an unofficial recruiting trip that Cuban and Jerry Jones had worked out. And I know Dallas is going to roll out the red carpet for LeBron during all star weekend.

I could be wrong but....Its not far fetched..

a3b3584ce103521a77ac792f9e7ae9bfc1fb9a7.gif

What do you mean 'renounce' Josh Howard's contract
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

they'll still be over the cap.

* Mavericks owner Mark Cuban doesn't feel the Knicks are in the lead for LeBron James just because they will lead the league in cap space. The Mavericks will be under the cap if they renounce Erick Dampier and Josh Howard.

"It doesn't matter," Cuban said. "With any top-tier player, when theyhave multiple choices for [maximum] money, it really comes down towhere he thinks he has the best chance to win. That's up to eachindividual organization to convince him of that. New York is a greatselling point, Miami is a great selling point, Dallas, Chicago, LosAngeles, Memphis. Maybe he's a huge Elvis [Presley] fan."
http://www.nypost.com/p/s...o_3ma2CixugKMe8nLLtr87kL

he aint tryna share a spotlight. if he wanted to, it would be miami. but i think he wants NY all to himself

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

LeCrab is staying in cleveland.

I think staying in Cleveland is his best option...But you'd be a fool to think Cuban isnt going put on the full court press to land LeBron.

If anyone knows anything about Dallas, and Jones and Cuban they'll do ANYTHING to make Dallas the best city for professional sports...The AAC is the best NBA arena, we all know about Cowboy's stadium, they've worked together to bring the all star game to Texas and they're promoting it as the biggest ever...LeBron is a once in a lifetime free agent and you think i'm crazy for saying Cuban and Jones wont work something out to bring LeBron to Dallas?

Originally Posted by DMan14

he aint tryna share a spotlight. if he wanted to, it would be miami. but i think he wants NY all to himself
at this point NY is probably out of the picture... you know Lebron saw the game the other day
laugh.gif

Let's be real here. The only two contenders for LeGod is New York and Cleveland. If you think otherwise, you are clearly delusional.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If the Mavs get any of them, it'll be Bosh...
This is what I initially thought.
I don't think Bosh will sign with any Texas team. He's mentioned in several interviews that although he does like going home during the NBA season, there may be too many distractions with playing at home regularly. There's a lot of people who know him and he doesn't want that to turn into an issue.

i still dont get why people keep thinking he is going to NY....why would  he go to a BS organization like that? its not like hes going to win there anyway...

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If the Mavs get any of them, it'll be Bosh...

This is what I initially thought.
Same here, but I get the feeling Bosh doesnt want to come home and deal with alot of the nonsense that comes with playing in your home town.

If the Cavs decide to trade Lebron or do a sign and trade then Dallas is in as good of a position as anyone to land Lebron. With Damps contract and the way things can be manipulated, the Mavs could make it worth it to LeBron. If Dallas had to sign him as a free agent, then they obviously cant offer as much as Cleveland can.

Josh Howard will be traded before the deadline IMO so you can count him out of any kind of trade for LeBron if thats what it were to come to.

Besides "NYC" being NYC, I dont know why LeBron would want to go there. That team is sorry and he will just have to rebuild and carry another team on his back like he is doing in Cleveland.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i still dont get why people keep thinking he is going to NY....why would  he go to a BS organization like that? its not like hes going to win there anyway...

the knicks have more championships than the cavs and mavericks combined.

lebron makes the knicks an instant playoff team. He's that good. The past decade has no relevance for him. Basketball is the easiest sport to go from worst to best in a year or two just look at the recent celtics.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

Not saying he's going there or not, but the Knicks are much different than a few years ago.  Better owner, finally rebuilding as best as they can, and they'll have a lot of money soon.  If they had this year's draft pick and could be a candidate for John Wall then I'd be much more confident about LBJ to NY, but that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom