Why dont people mention Dallas as a player in the LeBron sweepstakes?

ummm J, when the hell did the knicks get a better owner? don't be misled, once we are good again he is gonna stick his fat face into team affairs again.

I would be shocked if he does this, but its a good idea. OP came up with some good points tho

Originally Posted by nublee

roll.gif
at no state tax being an incentive to Bron

sounds minor, but do you know how much extra $ that is? why do you think half of the NBA lives in Houston during the offseason or have homes in TX and FL and claim it as their main residence?

I read somewhere that Artest and Ariza signed the same contract but since Ariza is in Houston he'll net 5M more over the course of the contract. And that's just on a MLE contract.

if the mavs got Legod
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

id be happy with any of them guys though.

dallas needs to make a push to get a title dirk gettin old.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i still dont get why people keep thinking he is going to NY....why would  he go to a BS organization like that? its not like hes going to win there anyway...

the knicks have more championships than the cavs and mavericks combined.

lebron makes the knicks an instant playoff team. He's that good. The past decade has no relevance for him. Basketball is the easiest sport to go from worst to best in a year or two just look at the recent celtics.

Mavs front office >>>> knicks roster + front office.

roll.gif

i take u are under the under 50k tax bracket in wich u COLLECT money every febuary/march

well im sure lebron is going to enjoy the 11-13 million dollars A YEAR he's no gonna pay the state

By the time you factor in how much extra LeBron would make by staying in Cleveland, I wonder what the difference is between a max deal in Dallas/Houston/Miami and a max deal staying in Cleveland...

Not that I think it's gonna happen, just curious how much difference there is in REAL dollars...

ummm J, when the hell did the knicks get a better owner? don't be misled, once we are good again he is gonna stick his fat face into team affairs again.
Yeah I meant to say new GM... I'd love a new owner.

I dont see why you guys think this is so out there. They're definitely a dark horse...

And that state tax thing is serious. LeBron would make so much more money, assuming its true td+hat state tax isnt withheld. I dont know anything about tax laws out of MA, so im just taking OPs word.

Kidd+LeGod running the ball up/penetrating+Dirk on the kick outs...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by EdWord

roll.gif

i take u are under the under 50k tax bracket in wich u COLLECT money every febuary/march

well im sure lebron is going to enjoy the 11-13 million dollars A YEAR he's no gonna pay the state
I mean If Lebron makes 40 million in a year hes saving 2.4 by not living in Cleveland

times that by 6 and you have 12 million over the life of the contract. assuming he doesnt arready claim a Houston or Dallas or Miami home as his main residance.

also that 40 million estimate is including his other money making deals and ventures.

Dirk it doesnt make money sense to leave Cleveland. Even in NY he isnt making an extra 5 million a year. arent the max contract terms for a player with his service

6-100 7-134?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Dirk it doesnt make money sense to leave Cleveland. Even in NY he isnt making an extra 5 million a year. arent the max contract terms for a player with his service

6-100 7-134? 
Something along those lines...

I'm just saying, state income tax rates at his bracket in Ohio are what, 6%?

So say, 6/$100M in Dallas/SA/Houston with no state tax, or 7/$134M in Cleveland with a 6% hit for state taxes... Everybody knows about his mansion in Akron, he's not getting away with filing another state as his main residence...

I just wonder by the time you factor that in, if the net monetary difference is really that significant...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

By the time you factor in how much extra LeBron would make by staying in Cleveland, I wonder what the difference is between a max deal in Dallas/Houston/Miami and a max deal staying in Cleveland...

Not that I think it's gonna happen, just curious how much difference there is in REAL dollars...

This is why I think its actually an option he'd be a fool to not explore....Everyone says NY has the big media, mecca etc...I think Dallas can offer the same thing if not more...Dallas is a great sports town and the Cowboys are known as America's team, where an above avg QB like Tony Romo can become a tabloid star..LeBron in Dallas would even be a bigger deal than the billion dollar stadium...LeBron's star power would automatically put the Mavs as the favorite in the west conference, more matchups w/ Kobe and the Lakers and make the Mavs just as popular if not more popular than the Cowboys...

If (big if) he signs w/ Dallas I can guarantee you Jones and Cuban will work out some type of deal where a Mavs/Lakers game will be played @ Cowboy stadium to break the NBA regular season attendance record..

IMO, if you want to go GLOBAL, you don't start from Texas...
He'd be playing on a team w/ the greatest international basketball player in NBA history...even though he's already as global as you can get, you'd have arguably the best player in the world and the best european player on the same team...that's pretty global IMO...

No not even close. Just on the contract, (Im going to make it base pay comp just for this math)

19.2 on average and to state income taxes he loses about 1.15 million

6 at 100 averages to 16.6 it really wouldnt make sense.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This is why I think its actually an option he'd be a fool to not explore....Everyone says NY has the big media, mecca etc...I think Dallas can offer the same thing if not more...Dallas is a great sports town and the Cowboys are known as America's team, where an above avg QB like Tony Romo can become a tabloid star..LeBron in Dallas would even be a bigger deal than the billion dollar stadium...LeBron's star power would automatically put the Mavs as the favorite in the west conference, more matchups w/ Kobe and the Lakers and make the Mavs just as popular if not more popular than the Cowboys...

If (big if) he signs w/ Dallas I can guarantee you Jones and Cuban will work out some type of deal where a Mavs/Lakers game will be played @ Cowboy stadium to break the NBA regular season attendance record..

He'd be playing on a team w/ the greatest international basketball player in NBA history...even though he's already as global as you can get, you'd have arguably the best player in the world and the best european player on the same team...that's pretty global IMO...

That factor is interesting cause Tmac is a global superstar cause of Yao

The only players interms of global support on Lebrons level are Yao, Tmac and Kobe. But if Lebron thinks Dirk does something for him he will consider it.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i still dont get why people keep thinking he is going to NY....why would  he go to a BS organization like that? its not like hes going to win there anyway...

the knicks have more championships than the cavs and mavericks combined.

lebron makes the knicks an instant playoff team. He's that good. The past decade has no relevance for him. Basketball is the easiest sport to go from worst to best in a year or two just look at the recent celtics.
I don't think he wants to go somewhere for 'instant playoffs' - he already does that. He'd be starting again with a terrible team - who didn't sign anyone good so they could give him a max contract. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sure, he'd make the Knicks/Nets a whole lot better - but they'd still be average. Just a team of bums with one All-Star.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

No not even close. Just on the contract, (Im going to make it base pay comp just for this math)

19.2 on average and to state income taxes he loses about 1.15 million

6 at 100 averages to 16.6 it really wouldnt make sense.
I went back and looked... Mainly depends on what he does with his option, which he'll have to drop if he wants to test FA, right...?
If LeBron signs a free-agent contract with Cleveland, the difference is only $4.14M over five years, but if he takes his player option for 2010 and signs an extension, the difference would be $7.64M over the same five seasons. Additionally, LeBron would get the extra sixth season from Cleveland, which would be $26.15M for the 2015-16 season. The total value of the extension would be $129.9M.

If he's gonna re-sign with Cleveland, the only way money is a major issue is if he does so before opting out of his current deal...

$4.14M over five years is essentially negated by State Tax compared to Dallas, SA, Houston, Miami...

Originally Posted by shaft

x
Dallas is 5th largest media market in the U.S.

Also...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/042208dnbusfortunetexas.20aec09.html

Texas passes New York on Fortune 500 list
Texas is king of the hill when it comes to corporate headquarters.

The Lone Star State passed New York as home to the most big companies in the latest list compiled by Fortune magazine.

Texas now boasts 58 headquarters, three more than New York, the previous No. 1, and California, with 52.

Business experts say it's a matter of simple economics – Texas attracts companies with its low taxes, affordable land and large labor force.

"Cost is overwhelmingly the No. 1 driver," said Albert W. Niemi Jr., dean of the business school at Southern Methodist University, who wrote his doctoral thesis about companies leaving the Northeast for the Sun Belt 30 years ago.

ummmmmmmmmmmm WOW

-you keep throwing jerry Jones name around like he really cares about if bron goes to mavs, it does nothing for his pockets and we all know that is what jerry is about

LeBron's star power would automatically put the Mavs as the favorite in the west conference, more matchups w/ Kobe and the Lakers and make the Mavs just as popular if not more popular than the Cowboys
the mavs could add bron,kobe,melo and chris paul and the cowboys would still be texas team. hell the texas longhorns proably come in 2nd after the cowboys in what sports team runs that state

If the Cavs decide to trade Lebron or do a sign and trade then Dallas is in as good of a position as anyone to land Lebron. With Damps contract and the way things can be manipulated, the Mavs could make it worth it to LeBron. If Dallas had to sign him as a free agent, then they obviously cant offer as much as Cleveland can.

Josh Howard will be traded before the deadline IMO so you can count him out of any kind of trade for LeBron if thats what it were to come to.

but the cavs wont trade bron and will not do a sign and trade for him

you say josh howard is gone by the deadline but all the trade rumors for him have been for people with a big contract so that kills the pipe dream of bron to the mavs

I dont see why you guys think this is so out there. They're definitely a dark horse...
well any team with money is a darkhorse

you got people throwing the clippers name out

I can't believe u people are actually breaking down the amount of money he would earn going to dallas based on state tax
laugh.gif
money is not a OPTION if he comes to NY his NBA salary would be his strip club money
laugh.gif
he comes to NY lebron would have a net worth of a billion dollars by the time he retires

Back
Top Bottom