WHY EVERY PAIR OF GLASSES ON PLANET EARTH IS THE SAME

surprised on the fact that most of the frames are made by one company.

but not surprised about the 'mark up' just because its a 'luxury' brand.

and u know the mark up is HUGE, when the guy isn't will to reveal the percentage. that dude is like the oil company execs, making millions.

This is pretty well known, but it doesn't hurt to share.

But this is largely the same for the CLOTHES and SHOES that these luxury brands sell as well.

This is nothing compared to the offerings that they're moving in other aspects of retail.

I put my homegirl on warby parker and she hasn't looked back since.

Quality frames for MAJOR discounts. 

EYE KNEW IT! 
mean.gif

Last edited:
i thought its been known, and i think someone mentioned it on here before that one company pretty much makes every single pair of glasses and sunglasses for high and low end brands.

thats why ill never go out and spend $300+ on a pair

I just dropped $370 a couple days ago on a pair of oliver peoples with prescription :smh: .

:lol:

my brother bought oliver peoples frames a few months back for $350 and he still hasnt gotten the prescription lenses :smh:

This is pretty well known, but it doesn't hurt to share.

But this is largely the same for the CLOTHES and SHOES that these luxury brands sell as well.

This is nothing compared to the offerings that they're moving in other aspects of retail.

Huh? Elaborate...

But...it was NEVER Nike's plan for every city/state to get a Niketown (although I'm sure they plan to build more if they can sell Cole Haan & Umbro). Their "landmark" Niketown stores are primarily reserved for big cities. I live in SC currently and know they'll NEVER build one here (nor a HOH) because they have Nike outlets in the 2 biggest cities (Charleston & Myrtle Beach) already. How is Nike cutting out the middle man with the Lebron X? Lebron Xs are sold in regular FTLs, FinishLine, Jimmy Jazz; alongside HOHs. Foot Locker only sells top of the line products from Nike? They were one of the first retailers to carry New Balance's Minimus line, the Adidas Helium/Adipure/AdiZero Rose lines, & Reebok Zig lines (running & John Wall basketball line). Retail store "space" is based on what companies pay the retailer the most (pass a Foot Locker every month and the window displays/mannequins ALWAYS change); it has NOTHING to do with "fanbase" or "equal space". Where do Adidas, Reebok, Under Armour, & Li Ning get sold? If it's not in your local store, IT'S ON FOOTLOCKER.COM! You're acting like those 1500 sq. ft stores can actually maintain/stock THOUSANDS of shoes that are available on their 24/7 online store
mean.gif

I used to work for Foot Locker, we had flip books in all the Mens/Womens/Kids shoe walls with PLENTY non-Nike shoes available for order; which could be shipped to their house or to the store. But you carry on with your "Foot Locker & Nike are plotting a monopoly" conspiracy theories
If you think that Nike would not like to have a distributor that sells their products and their product alone in every state in the US of A, then you are fooling yourself.

This is the whole purpose of the HOH concept, and that is to give the Nike the exclusive right to market and then sell their most popular product, without competition.

Believe it or not, most impulse shopping happen in store, not online. This calls for visibility, and even if those shoes are available online, not everyone will look for them online. In regard to footwear, things like sneakers, not everyone thinks like those from the online sneaker community, regular people shop out of convenience.

So when you walk into a footlocker, and then Nike makes sure that all you see is NIKE when you first walk into the store, both Nike and FootLocker knows exactly what they are presenting.

Huh? Elaborate...

Not sure what he’s implying, but many fashion houses outsource tailoring and construction, especially for suits (Examples: Gucci suits are made by Zegna, DSquared2 jeans are made by Diesel). In fact, Diesel actually OWNS the production side of Dsquared2. It doesn’t diminish the quality though. The designers provide the materials and designs, and the work is done in a place where they will get the best result. The end product is NOT a Zegna suit or a Diesel jean though.

Very few labels can produce everything in house. And when they expand their collection to include “licensed” merchandise (sunglasses and fragrances being the two main categories), it’s all made by somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom