Why hasnt Nike Sued Bape?

maybe because they knew those overpriced fruity colored shoes were only a fad. AF1's are a classic and will never be a fad.

and in that case...prada needs to sue fila

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

for wha?
intellectual property..
bapewhtcover.jpg

nike-air-hurrache-air-force-1-1.jpg

to be fair there are other company's with similar kicks so they'd have to go after them too
it's too much effort IMO

From what I have read, there is a very large gray area in copywright laws regarding product likeness. Since Bape only ripped off the likeness in shape and notan actual logo rip off, it would be difficult to win in court, which is the only reason Nike hasn't sued them.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

From what I have read, there is a very large gray area in copywright laws regarding product likeness. Since Bape only ripped off the likeness in shape and not an actual logo rip off, it would be difficult to win in court, which is the only reason Nike hasn't sued them.
You're telling me a behemoth like Nike wouldn't find a way to obliterate BAPE in a court of law?

grin.gif

Doubt that.

From what I have read, there is a very large gray area in copywright laws regarding product likeness. Since Bape only ripped off the likeness in shape and not an actual logo rip off, it would be difficult to win in court, which is the only reason Nike hasn't sued them.

i beg to differ

Originally Posted by Steez

via COUNTERKICKS.com

Louis Vuitton Settles New Balance 574 Lawsuit

louis-vuitton-minstrel-vs-new-balance-574-lawsuit-600x203.jpg

Louis Vuitton announced today that it has reached a settlement with New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. and will stop selling the LV "Minstrel" shoe which New Balance stated was an infringement on it's best-selling 574 design. "Respecting and protecting the integrity of intellectual property is essential, and is a top priority for Louis Vuitton," said Michael Pantalony, Louis Vuitton's North American Director of Civil Enforcement. Added in a New Balance company statement on the matter, Ed Haddad, Vice President of Intellectual Property at New Balance said: "We appreciate Louis Vuitton's cooperation in promptly resolving this matter. Both companies are united in the fight to protect intellectual property."

SneakerHeathen wrote:

You're telling me a behemoth like Nike wouldn't find a way to obliterate BAPE in a court of law?

grin.gif

Doubt that.

Let me break it down like this, if Nike's legal department believed they could obliterate Bape, why haven't they persued it? You think you and the opare the only individuals with no legal knowledge to ask this question? I know nt has a lot of narrow minded uneducated members, but what I posted is the reasonNike hasn't sued Bape. As for you op, if you doubt what I said, look it up
grin.gif

SneakerHeathen wrote:

grin.gif

Doubt that.

Let me break it down like this, if Nike's legal department believed they could obliterate Bape, why haven't they persued it? You think you and the op are the only individuals with no legal knowledge to ask this question? I know nt has a lot of narrow minded uneducated members, but what I posted is the reason Nike hasn't sued Bape. As for you op, if you doubt what I said, look it up
grin.gif

did you read what i posted 2 posts above you?

well if New Balance can do that to LV there's no reason Nike couldn't do the same to Bape

Bapes aren't hurting Nike anymore the sales between the two are no longer even competitive prolly another reason Nike decided to not sue. At one point intime though Bape was killling Nike, and I remember that same summer Nike released the world cup AF1's which had the crazy loud colors and patentleather...
laugh.gif
they were shook

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

maybe because they knew those overpriced fruity colored shoes were only a fad. AF1's are a classic and will never be a fad.

and in that case...prada needs to sue fila

Fad where? America maybe but Bape is still going strong in Japan.

SneakerHeathen wrote:

grin.gif

Doubt that.

Let me break it down like this, if Nike's legal department believed they could obliterate Bape, why haven't they persued it? You think you and the op are the only individuals with no legal knowledge to ask this question? I know nt has a lot of narrow minded uneducated members, but what I posted is the reason Nike hasn't sued Bape. As for you op, if you doubt what I said, look it up
grin.gif

Narrow minded? Really?

laugh.gif

You don't know what you're talking about bro. As far as my "legal" knowledge, do you really want to test me? You're a fool if you thinkNike can't roll over on BAPE.

Anyways good post MECKS.

Originally Posted by MECKS

did you read what i posted 2 posts above you?

Actually I did see the article regarding the Louis Vuitton - New Balance issue. I answered your question based on what I have read and was taught while takingbusiness law courses in college. A student in the class asked the same exact question you did and was given an answer( in a lot more detail) that I repliedwith.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

At one point in time though Bape was killling Nike,
What planet was this on?
laugh.gif

But as far as nike pursuing bape, there has to be a reason why they haven't yet. The same question can be asked as to why Nike/JB hasn't gone afterpeople who make fakes.

maybe nike copied off of someone else and do not want to bring bape into a law suit.
THe starburys were a copy of th enikes as well as the champion joints at payless but itt doesnt matter much becuas enike still outsells them. THe only reasonNew Balance sued was becasue they wer elosing money lol.

??
nerd.gif

"Update: Matt Mason, author of The Pirate's Dilemma, writing in The Economist,
cites the case of a Japanese design company, "A Bathing Ape" (Bape) which remixed ("pirated") Nike's shoes. But rather than sue, Nikebought a stake in Bape and launched its own remixes, earning new revenues by catering to a niche market it had overlooked. Thanks to Will Lion on Flickr."

http://onthecommons.org/content.php?id=2282

SneakerHeathen wrote:
Narrow minded? Really?

laugh.gif

You don't know what you're talking about bro. As far as my "legal" knowledge, do you really want to test me? You're a fool if you think Nike can't roll over on BAPE.

I don't know what I am talking about? Answer me this then, why hasn't Nike sued them? I am more than certain you posses absolutely nocopywrite knowledge, because if you did then you would known the answer to the question. You sound real juvenille, an individual who has no"real-world" experience with your whole "Nike would roll over Bape". Of course Nike is a lot larger and profitable than a company likeBape, but if they had a case against them, one that they actually could win, it would have happened years ago.

i stand by my theory that nike makes their variants along with their actually product to cause confusion when they drop +@!+@! quality kicks like the 09 spacejams for example them things is for walking only but they supposed to be for hooping even tho no know hoops in heat anymore

Back
Top Bottom