Why is flight club prices so high?

74
10
Joined Jun 17, 2008
I was looking around the forum didnt find anything so I will go ahead and bring it up. Why is flight club so expensive? Like do a lot of people buy from them? I know they are legit and have a great selection but dang... for example $575 for sz 12 space jams. But its not just Jordans its all shoes. I just wonder do they even make a profit because those prices are insane... especially with other sneaker websites, ebay and forums. Lemme know what yall think NT
 
30,372
10,359
Joined Aug 4, 2005
Because they have a lot of shoes that have sold out ie Space Jams. And they pride themselves on being a sneaker "boutique" and "exclusive" and all that nonsense. Also, they know hypebeasts will buy them
 
74
10
Joined Jun 17, 2008
Originally Posted by richyung412

i think its reallt stupid they change so much then its like $18 shipping smh
Right! and that $18 smh, if they lowered it $100-150 they would draw much more attention for some of the shoes. I mean the rare/older ones I can understand the prices but for $575 space jams etc you might as well try to get some Ray Allens LOL

  
 
12,674
5,280
Joined Jun 4, 2008
Originally Posted by airjackson23

I was looking around the forum didnt find anything so I will go ahead and bring it up. Why is flight club so expensive?

Lulz at your researching abilities.
 
444
10
Joined Dec 7, 2007
its not that bad if u go in-store as opposed to buying online, u can find some VNDS og'z for around 200
 

ins

2,717
11
Joined May 22, 2010
Came in here because i thought it was about Brad Pitt.
ima leave now.
 
20,244
9,164
Joined Aug 10, 2003
Originally Posted by bonafide125

Because its consignment.
THIS... i never understood why people hate on flight club when the people selling the shoes set the high prices... and on top of that the sellers get 80% of how much they sold the shoe well flight club gets the other 20%
 
2,044
10
Joined Aug 4, 2010
This topic has been brought up many times, OP. Flight Club is a consignment store. When shoes are sold, a certain percentage goes to Flight Club for their services of listing the kicks on their website and placing them on display in their stores, and the remaining percentage goes to the shoes' owners. The prices are high to compensate for both parties. Ya dig?
 
74
10
Joined Jun 17, 2008
Originally Posted by VietStar

This topic has been brought up many times, OP. Flight Club is a consignment store. When shoes are sold, a certain percentage goes to Flight Club for their services of listing the kicks on their website and placing them on display in their stores, and the remaining percentage goes to the shoes' owners. The prices are high to compensate for both parties. Ya dig?

I dig, didnt know flight club was a consignment store. Just like uptempoair I see
 
603
10
Joined May 9, 2003
I really wonder how many pairs they really sell on a yearly basis I bet their profits are weak compared to semi well known mom n pops shops
 
1,127
32
Joined Sep 13, 2001
There is a certain snob appeal to being able to spend that kind of money on kicks - taking it from their perspective being a consignment shop they have to set a profit margin on top of what the seller wants the pair of shoes to be sold for - no one's going to do that for free. Gotta be some upside to it for them to be doing it.
 
Top Bottom