Why is it acceptable for MLB players to not hustle?

after watching a portion of the futures game you see most of these kids on their +%# regardless of where they hit it...why is it accepted for players to walk down the first base line after putting the ball in play.
nerd.gif

after watching a portion of the futures game you see most of these kids on their +%# regardless of where they hit it...why is it accepted for players to walk down the first base line after putting the ball in play.
nerd.gif

If every player hustled to first, 70% of them would pull a hammy.

The Futures players are trying to get to the show so even more incentive not to hustle.

If every player hustled to first, 70% of them would pull a hammy.

The Futures players are trying to get to the show so even more incentive not to hustle.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

it isnt...thats why they get benched when the dont...(see BJ Upton)
Ah, but therein lies a loophole, if you're BLACK and don't hustle? *throat slash*

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

it isnt...thats why they get benched when the dont...(see BJ Upton)
Ah, but therein lies a loophole, if you're BLACK and don't hustle? *throat slash*

Their training consists of eating+roids+weightlifting

I don't think most of them even know what running is

Their training consists of eating+roids+weightlifting

I don't think most of them even know what running is

Its a long game. I wouldnt want all my players tiring themselves out because they just skied a pop up and they hustle to 2nd or 3rd only to be out because the fielder made a routine catch on a fly ball.

Now if we talkin about hustling when you hit what you think is a HR and it comes up short then yea I feel you. But players do get criticized when that happens.

Its a long game. I wouldnt want all my players tiring themselves out because they just skied a pop up and they hustle to 2nd or 3rd only to be out because the fielder made a routine catch on a fly ball.

Now if we talkin about hustling when you hit what you think is a HR and it comes up short then yea I feel you. But players do get criticized when that happens.

Ive always thought this myself it especially irks me when balls in the gap are let rolled on to the wall about 90% of the time, turns a double into a triple most of the time just because of a extra second of effort isnt given, that always drives me nuts. And most ground balls are never run out, Pujols in particular never runs them out, hence not a fan really at all.

Ive always thought this myself it especially irks me when balls in the gap are let rolled on to the wall about 90% of the time, turns a double into a triple most of the time just because of a extra second of effort isnt given, that always drives me nuts. And most ground balls are never run out, Pujols in particular never runs them out, hence not a fan really at all.

Cuz there's over a 100 games in the regluar season. If a run/rbi or the game is not on the line they won't bother.

Cuz there's over a 100 games in the regluar season. If a run/rbi or the game is not on the line they won't bother.

Anytime a player doesn't run a ball out, they bench him for a game. I don't know what you guys are talking about unless you mean they should run 110% on balls that are clearly out.

Also, for the dude talking about letting the ball hit the wall - for the most part, the players are worried about over-running the ball or it taking a weird bounce off the ball and they'd really be turning a double into a triple or worse.

Anytime a player doesn't run a ball out, they bench him for a game. I don't know what you guys are talking about unless you mean they should run 110% on balls that are clearly out.

Also, for the dude talking about letting the ball hit the wall - for the most part, the players are worried about over-running the ball or it taking a weird bounce off the ball and they'd really be turning a double into a triple or worse.

Same reason that NFL players don't continue to chase a player when they have clearly broken away and are on their way to the endzone for a touchdown...

JM

Back
Top Bottom