Why is it acceptable for MLB players to not hustle?

Same reason that NFL players don't continue to chase a player when they have clearly broken away and are on their way to the endzone for a touchdown...

JM

51IIR5mRs4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As expected, a whole lot of this going on in this thread.

People in all sports give up on plays when beaten or the outcome is 99.9% certain. Sometimes just a little more obvious with baseball

People in all sports give up on plays when beaten or the outcome is 99.9% certain. Sometimes just a little more obvious with baseball

Baseball showcases some of the finest athletes in the world.

But everyone thinks they can get away with it.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

you must think the nfl has non-athletes as well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by green rhino123

you must think the nfl has non-athletes as well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ****dog16

Ive always thought this myself it especially irks me when balls in the gap are let rolled on to the wall about 90% of the time, turns a double into a triple most of the time just because of a extra second of effort isnt given, that always drives me nuts. And most ground balls are never run out, Pujols in particular never runs them out, hence not a fan really at all.
Pujols and Yadier have been given passes by Tony Larussa to not run out routine ground balls.

Originally Posted by ****dog16

Ive always thought this myself it especially irks me when balls in the gap are let rolled on to the wall about 90% of the time, turns a double into a triple most of the time just because of a extra second of effort isnt given, that always drives me nuts. And most ground balls are never run out, Pujols in particular never runs them out, hence not a fan really at all.
Pujols and Yadier have been given passes by Tony Larussa to not run out routine ground balls.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Their training consists of eating+roids+weightlifting

I don't think most of them even know what running is

photo_todd_coffeys_throwback_uniform_warns_of_coming_flood.jpg

pulled the pic from an earlier thread......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Their training consists of eating+roids+weightlifting

I don't think most of them even know what running is

photo_todd_coffeys_throwback_uniform_warns_of_coming_flood.jpg

pulled the pic from an earlier thread......
laugh.gif

Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is famous for getting in his players' faces for not hustling to first. Even going as far as benching them.

Ex. Jimmy Rollins, Dominic Brown

Originally Posted by University of Nike

They ARE hustling - baseball players aren't athletes. Blame genetics.

Your commitment deserves a round of applause.

And where is it acceptable?  You see that, you usually see a manager chewing them out or a benching.

Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is famous for getting in his players' faces for not hustling to first. Even going as far as benching them.

Ex. Jimmy Rollins, Dominic Brown

Originally Posted by University of Nike

They ARE hustling - baseball players aren't athletes. Blame genetics.

Your commitment deserves a round of applause.

And where is it acceptable?  You see that, you usually see a manager chewing them out or a benching.

truthfully, david ortiz and ryan howard could probably run longer (stamina wise) than 90% of us.

i get where youre going with the argument, but the third-to-first throw is almost automatic. especially if its hard down the line. the players who CAN beat it DO hustle. the big guys? chances are theyre gonna be out even if the throw is half way up the line, anyway..

truthfully, david ortiz and ryan howard could probably run longer (stamina wise) than 90% of us.

i get where youre going with the argument, but the third-to-first throw is almost automatic. especially if its hard down the line. the players who CAN beat it DO hustle. the big guys? chances are theyre gonna be out even if the throw is half way up the line, anyway..

Back
Top Bottom