Why is Marijuana Illegal? serious discussion

This is a serious discussion so mods there is no reason to lock this.
So supposedly this is a "free country" right? Why is it illegal for me to ignite and smoke a plant that grows naturally if I cause no harm to any other citizens?

Here is what Harry J. Anslinger, director of the US Federal bereau of narcotics in the 1930's, had to say on why Marijuana is illegal:

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.

I dont care about its legality anymore as its been decriminalized to a civil citation in MA if you hold  less than an ounce.
pimp.gif

Weed is worth more to the government as an illegal substance than it is as a legal substance. Just another reason to lock poor people up and keep the prison industry operating.

Legalization of Marijuana would have devastating effects on several industries in America, the pharmaceutical industry being the most prevalent. As it is right now, pharmacology produces well over $600B in revenue in the US alone. You take all the drugs they've developed over the years to treat everything from anorexia to cancer and replace those drugs with a natural plant that can be grown at home and you're going to end up with a plethora of unemployed individuals.

Next is hemp, the non-smokable essence of marijuana. As a fabric, it is much more stronger, durable, and softer than cotton. In addition to using hemp as a fabric it can also be used as a biofuel.

While these are positive's. The damage that legalization would do to our economy in the short-term isn't negligible to say the least. And we all know that America is run by those with the largest pockets. CEO's of billion-dollar corporations are going to keep lobbying and bribing marijuana out of legalization debate in order to sustain their profits over the short-run.

if ever you can't figure something out, the answer is money. Just have to figure out how it deals with money. From what I hear it has something to do with taxing/ shipping.

1. It's naive to think that the term "free country" means we can do whatever we want so long as we dont hurt other people. (hell, its illegal to attempt suicide. Euthenasia is also illegal but that doesn't hurt anyone but yourself)

2. Unless you smoking some lowgrade brick pack Mexican stress weed, the stuff you are putting in your pipe is not just some random plant that grows "naturally". Bud today is way more potent than it was in the past due to advanced growing techniques, cross breeding of certain strains, etc... etc... There are a helluva lot of other drugs that are "natural" or derived from natural sources (opium, heroin from opium poppies, psilocybin mushrooms for example).

3. Even though this is a "free country" there are rules behind how certain things can be done. I'm sure an attorney or politician can shed some light on the process of repealing or creating new laws (casue I am completely ignorant to it). Just my opinion, but I think there is no way that it would pass a popular vote amongst the people. Too many ignorant bible thumpers in the bible belt will shoot this down with the quickness.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Weed is worth more to the government as an illegal substance than it is as a legal substance. Just another reason to lock poor people up and keep the prison industry operating.
ohwell.gif
I don't know about that one.  Prison over-crowding is a very prevalent and costly situation a good number of states are facing right now.

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others

so true.  white women love to bone after a blunt

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tkay dot

Legalization of Marijuana would have devastating effects on several industries in America, the pharmaceutical industry being the most prevalent. As it is right now, pharmacology produces well over $600B in revenue in the US alone. You take all the drugs they've developed over the years to treat everything from anorexia to cancer and replace those drugs with a natural plant that can be grown at home and you're going to end up with a plethora of unemployed individuals.

Next is hemp, the non-smokable essence of marijuana. As a fabric, it is much more stronger, durable, and softer than cotton. In addition to using hemp as a fabric it can also be used as a biofuel.

While these are positive's. The damage that legalization would do to our economy in the short-term isn't negligible to say the least. And we all know that America is run by those with the largest pockets. CEO's of billion-dollar corporations are going to keep lobbying and bribing marijuana out of legalization debate in order to sustain their profits over the short-run.
Wow, I've been keeping tabs on Articles and Legalize It Documentaries and I didn't even realize this.

100% true, unfortunately.

on the real it doesn't even feel illegal
laugh.gif

it's so easy to get and you can basically chill on your block smoke a L while the cops pass and nothing will happen

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by General Johnson

ohwell.gif
I don't know about that one.  Prison over-crowding is a very prevalent and costly situation a good number of states are facing right now.

vs. how many jobs the DEA would lose? how much business the drug companies would lose? not to mention the legal system, lawyers, courts.....etc.

look at the bigger picture.

Those drugs companies obviously don't care about the people... so why should we give a !*%@ about them? They don't care about curing disease and sicknesses, Pfizer just cares about maximizing profits and getting people "hooked" on their legal drugs.

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.

good post. but these companies need to realize that they will be losing money is SOME areas, but they will be profiting off the
pimp.gif
LIKE CRAZY. Just look at oaksterdam's numbers alone. Imagine the USA
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom