Why is Niketalk Partnering with ISS?

Its not really that serious to me. I mean it is two sneaker websites for crying out loud. If Meth wants to make amends with the new top dog over there, I don't see the problem.

Lets try to keep things in perspective fellas.

I am not the owner of instyleshoes. I'm apart of the team that runs the new instyleshoes.com

Iss is owned and ran by a new team of individuals that had no ties to Iss nor previous owners. I have been a proud supporter of the new Iss and like what's in store for the future. Becoming a sponser here on niketalk is great for both parties and the community.

I understand the grudges some of you may hold but that will be cleared up a little later today or tomorrow.

Was just reading up on the complex acquiring SC that i didn't know about......Isn't Steve still the general manager tho?

edit : ok got it... he has nothing to do with ISS now. How about a NT discount code :nthat:

Last edited:
iyuCY2uLdf52M.gif

:wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve now has nothing to do with ISS. That said, why would this be an issue?
Exactly.

And ISS now has nothing to do with Sole Collector... and Sole Collector's owned by Complex.  The "ISS forums" have been the "sole collector forums" for years now.  It's a completely separate entity.

Why should we be so petty as to prohibit a LEGITIMATE sneaker seller from sponsoring the site simply because the name is the same as a site that was once run in an objectionable way?  Where's the logic in that?
Anything affiliated with Billy Hoyle is no bueno in my book.
Also on the SC side.

The current owner of ISS is a NIKETALK member.  He grew up on our forums and was excited to give back and demonstrate the social responsibility so sorely lacking in the OLD incarnation of ISS.  
steve won
How?  Because the person he SOLD the site to managed to secure a NON-EXCLUSIVE sponsorship with NikeTalk?  That's silly.   The original "cool offer" would've been hosting ONLY (no donations) in exchange for becoming ISS' mascot.  It would've been ISS presents: NikeTalk.  Fast forward to 2013, ISS is run by a completely different person - who was a NikeTalk member - and Steve's working for Complex.  

Meanwhile, NikeTalk remains independent and has raised over a quarter of a million dollars for charity and has built or refurbished schools and libraries in four different countries.  

I'm pretty satisfied with that outcome.  
Reopen the community chest.  I'll make a donation rather than partnering with them.
The community chest couldn't support NikeTalk when we were 1/4 of our current size and on a MUCH cheaper platform.  We're all proud of what we accomplished together in raising money for disaster relief efforts in Japan and Somalia.  That took a concerted effort from MANY of our forum regulars, and you guys were incredibly generous and inspiring.  It would take more than that EVERY SINGLE MONTH to even attempt to run the site without ads.  

With the ads, the donation drives go ENTIRELY to charity and the amount we receive from sponsors can help us raise even more money.  I'm very much looking forward to sponsoring the construction of another school this year, and it's thanks to sponsorships like this one that we'll be able to accomplish that.  Previously, we've only been able to support big projects like that on a bi-annual basis.  Now, we can do it every year.  That's worth it. 

Interesting. Well, Steve is out of the picture there so who cares...
He still won, though... For the wrong reason. He doesn't and never did have an interest in sneakers in the first place. He saw people going crazy for shoes and sees it as an opportunity for $$$$$, which is why he started ISS. Now that SC is sold off to Complex, he is probably pretty damn well off.

wtf
never would i have thought a day would come to see this

Last edited:
I'm just curious who the NT member is who is running ISS and why he didn't come to NT himself and disclose what is going on.

It would have been nice if he changed ISS's name after taking it away from Steve...

Steve now has nothing to do with ISS. That said, why would this be an issue?
Exactly.

And ISS now has nothing to do with Sole Collector... and Sole Collector's owned by Complex.  The "ISS forums" have been the "sole collector forums" for years now.  It's a completely separate entity.

Why should we be so petty as to prohibit a LEGITIMATE sneaker seller from sponsoring the site simply because the name is the same as a site that was once run in an objectionable way?  Where's the logic in that?

this...

i thought people knew they were 2 different things :lol:

I'm just curious who the NT member is who is running ISS and why he didn't come to NT himself and disclose what is going on.

It would have been nice if he changed ISS's name after taking it away from Steve...

So you didnt bother reading any of the posts on this page huh? :lol:

With Meth being in here... them damn hover ads or annoying as hell.

It says to hover over them for at least 3 seconds for them to automatically start playing. But sometimes, it takes less than that.

I hate them. >:

Back
Top Bottom