Why is Popeyes so slow

When I kept seeing this thread near the top of the page, I knew it was gonna be about the sandwiches :lol: Gonna have to try one of these soon.

Starts at 5:30

"Tastes like that girl that got away" lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th.../nation/popeyes-fried-chicken-sandwich-review

Popeyes is throwing their hat in the fried chicken sandwich ring and consequently dunking on every other fast food fried chicken purveyor out there. The newly launched fried chicken sandwich, the first to hit the chicken chain's national menu, is wowing eaters everywhere, including us.

Why? What was it like?
Well, first off, everyone already knows that Popeyes makes some of the best fast food fried chicken out there. It's so good that a California-based restaurant, Sweet Dixie Chicken, passed off Popeyes chicken as its own. And I don't blame them; I have never felt let down by an order of spicy chicken from Popeyes with a mandatory biscuit and honey. It's consistently fresh (yes, I will wait for a new batch of spicy because tongue-tingling food is the best food, and let me tell you, it was everything I ever dreamed of when I first heard the words "Popeyes chicken sandwich."

The chicken came out hot, juicy, and well-seasoned. The initial bite? Heavenly. The buns held up nicely and did a good job of absorbing the grease of the chicken without actually tasting particularly greasy. The pickles were crisp and tart -- enough acidity to cut through the heaviness of the fried chicken and the creamy mayo-based sauce -- without feeling particularly overwhelming. Every ingredient had purpose; the balance was perfect. I couldn't help but think where has this been my entire life? Popeyes, you glorious geniuses you, why didn't you bless the world with this sooner?

So, you seriously don't have any critique of this sandwich?
Honestly, not really. The only minor thing I would say -- and this is a personal preference -- is that I would've liked a couple more pickles. But, hey, I'm a pickle fiend and I want a taste of pickles with every bite of chicken.

Number of pickles aside, I devoured the entire sandwich in three minutes and had to really contemplate if I needed another one or not. And at $4 a sandwich, it's not only a steal but easily the best fried chicken sandwich available at fast food restaurants right now. You can @ me.

Chick-fil-Who?

Well damb. I’ve just never really been a fan of pickles since I was kid. Probably started with happy meals :lol: I know, I know those are bottom of the barrel but I’ve had some gourmet ones and still can’t rock with em.

Maybe I’ll get two of these and try one with and one without.

May someone please explain to me why the pickles on this genre of sandwich are so essential to the experience?

That’s like saying why kicks and snares are so essential to rap music :lol:

Idk ***** it just is :lol:

:lol: Aight ima give it a try next time. Ironically there’s a CFA around the corner from my Popeyes so second time around, I might get one from each for the direct back-to-back comparison.

I ask for no pickles. I don't want those damn things on my sandwich

I do eat pickles though, just not on my sandwiches
upload_2019-8-13_16-18-10.gif

Edit: oh nah, I eat nothing pickle.
upload_2019-8-13_16-20-25.gif

same... I prefer pickles on the side not on the sandwich... I always say no pickles on the sandwich

Alright. About to go see what's up. Is it the spicy or regular joint that's killing it right now?

Just went to my Popeyes. I knew the hood was slow :smh:. Got me a 3 piece and some blackened tenders instead

I'ma come back in a few weeks and see what's up

Man, my Popeye's is in a gentrified Mexican neighborhood....I dunno what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom