WHY IS PORK EVIL? **

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

just took some pork chops out the freezer
pimp.gif

so wait... there's not only people who want to eat human flesh but people who want to be eaten?

what the hell would make u want to let somebody kill u, cut u up, cook u, then eat u?

*stays away from germany

so wait... there's not only people who want to eat human flesh but people who want to be eaten?

what the hell would make u want to let somebody kill u, cut u up, cook u, then eat u?

*stays away from germany

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

There is much evidence to show that pork is quite dirty in comparison to other animals.

Along with with Wooly said, another factor to consider is that pigs have the highest fat:tongue:rotein ratio, making it the least beneficial meat in your diet.

uh yeah you enjoy your prime rib and keep thinking that

there are tons of lean cuts of pork

face it, this notion is based on old beliefs, not science. trying to justify it makes you sound ignorant.
From a religious perspective, we don't eat pork first and foremost because that's what God said so.

But many rulings by God tend to have an appeal to human logic.  I didn't say that just because it has a high fat content makes it directly wrong, just that it's one of the many factors.

Many people tend to think swine is the only thing that humans aren't allowed to eat.

Also to go along with Wooly's comments about how pork tastes like human meat:

http://www.spiegel.de/int...st/0,1518,511775,00.html

[h2][/h2]
[h2]'Human Flesh Tastes Like Pork'[/h2]
Inhis first television interview, German cannibal Armin Meiwes describesthe taste of human flesh, provides a decent recipe for steak, explainshis fascination with the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel -- and insiststhat he's a normal person.

DDP

Armin Meiwes, serving a life sentence for killing a man and eating more than 20 kilos of him, insists he is a normal guy.
Armin Meiwes, the German cannibal serving a life sentencefor killing and eating a man who begged to be devoured, has describedhow the meat tasted of pork and how he prepared an elaborate meal ofhuman steak in a green pepper sauce with croquettes and Brusselssprouts.
In his first television interview, broadcast on Monday night on theRTL channel, Meiwes, 46, looked relaxed and healthy as he spoke abouthis decades-long yearning to consume another man.

The case came to light in December 2002, and the grisly details madeworld headlines. Meiwes filmed himself killing, disembowelling andcutting up the corpse of computer engineer Bernd Brandes, 42, whom hehad met after posting messages in Internet chatrooms seeking "men forslaughter."

"Yes, people who can't think their way into this find it monstrous.But in principle I'm a normal human being," he told his interviewerGünter Stampf, who has written a book, "Interview with a Cannibal,"based on 30 meetings with Meiwes in jail. The interviews were approvedby the Frankfurt district court that convicted him.

"I sauteed the steak of Bernd, with salt, pepper, garlic and nutmeg.I had it with Princess croquettes, Brussels sprouts and a green peppersauce," said Meiwes. He said the meat was a little tough. He frozemeal-sized portions of Brandes, some in the form of minced meat, andate more than 20 kilograms of it in the months following the March 2001killing.

Lifelong Fantasies

During his two trials in 2004 and 2006, Meiwes said he had alwaysdreamt of having a younger brother -- "someone to be part of me" -- andhad become fascinated with cannibalism as a way to fulfil thatobsession. His desires were fuelled by the Internet, where he hadcontact with around 400 men interested in cannibalism.

He found a perfect match in Brandes, who was obsessed with beingeaten. "The first bite was of course a peculiar, indefinable feeling atfirst because I had yearned for that for 30 years, that this innerconnection would be made perfect through this flesh," Meiwes said inthe interview.

"The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good," he said.

He said that when he was a child, he had enjoyed his mother readinghim the fairy tale "Hansel and Gretel," about a witch who traps twochildren and prepares to eat the boy. "The bit where Hansel is to beeaten was interesting. You wouldn't believe how many Hansels arewhizzing around the Internet."

Police estimate that around 10,000 people in Germany alone shareMeiwes' fascination with cannibalism -- either eating human flesh orbeing eaten.

Meiwes, serving his sentence in a prison in Kassel, central Germany,could be eligible for parole after serving a mandatory 15 years injail. A psychiatric examination conducted ahead of his trials concludedthat he is not insane but has a "severely disturbed soul."

"I want to undergo therapy, I know I need that and I hope it will be done at some point," said Meiwes.

Historically many civilizations that practiced cannibalism also formed the connection. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism
European explorers and colonizers brought home many stories ofcannibalism practiced by the native peoples they encountered. The friarDiego de Landa reported about Yucatán instances, Yucatán before and after the Conquest, translated from Relación de las cosas de Yucatán, 1566 (New York: Dover Publications, 1978: 4), and there have been similar reports by Purchas from Popayán, Colombia, and from the Marquesas Islands of Polynesia, where human flesh was called long pig (Alanna King, ed., Robert Louis Stevenson in the South Seas, London: Luzac Paragon House, 1987: 45–50

yeah and how many times have you heard about strange foods "tasting like chicken."

meat is meat, there are many similar flavors amongst all forms of meat. turkey burgers can taste a lot like beef ones, so can buffalo burgers, etc.

pork tasting like human flesh and vice-versa has no place in this conversation..........aren't people much "cleaner" than other animals? How does the similarity in taste help the argument that pigs are unclean then?

as for "Gods commandments appealing to human logic"......that was my point. This rule probably stemmed from people's observation that eating pork made many sick. This is because it can contain parasites that stay alive if not cooked at a high enough temperature. Back in the day before science could explain this phenomenon, people didn't know why it made them sick, so these religious rules emerged.

i'm not trying to rag on religion here, but people really should read or learn somehow about the root of religious beliefs, not just their own but all of them. do you really think it's more reasonable that a. pork made people sick, so people created a "law" in the religion of their people to forbid the consumption of pork or that b. a dietiy came down and proclaimed pigs, from that moment on, to be "unclean" and unfit for human consumption?

read some book like patterns of transcendence or anything else like that, get a good foundation of knowledge about the roots of religion. it's definitely something people should be aware of.

There is much evidence to show that pork is quite dirty in comparison to other animals.

Along with with Wooly said, another factor to consider is that pigs have the highest fat:tongue:rotein ratio, making it the least beneficial meat in your diet.

face it, this notion is based on old beliefs, not science. trying to justify it makes you sound ignorant.
From a religious perspective, we don't eat pork first and foremost because that's what God said so.

But many rulings by God tend to have an appeal to human logic.  I didn't say that just because it has a high fat content makes it directly wrong, just that it's one of the many factors.

Many people tend to think swine is the only thing that humans aren't allowed to eat.

[h2][/h2]
Inhis first television interview, German cannibal Armin Meiwes describesthe taste of human flesh, provides a decent recipe for steak, explainshis fascination with the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel -- and insiststhat he's a normal person.

DDP

Armin Meiwes, serving a life sentence for killing a man and eating more than 20 kilos of him, insists he is a normal guy.
Armin Meiwes, the German cannibal serving a life sentencefor killing and eating a man who begged to be devoured, has describedhow the meat tasted of pork and how he prepared an elaborate meal ofhuman steak in a green pepper sauce with croquettes and Brusselssprouts.
In his first television interview, broadcast on Monday night on theRTL channel, Meiwes, 46, looked relaxed and healthy as he spoke abouthis decades-long yearning to consume another man.

The case came to light in December 2002, and the grisly details madeworld headlines. Meiwes filmed himself killing, disembowelling andcutting up the corpse of computer engineer Bernd Brandes, 42, whom hehad met after posting messages in Internet chatrooms seeking "men forslaughter."

"Yes, people who can't think their way into this find it monstrous.But in principle I'm a normal human being," he told his interviewerGünter Stampf, who has written a book, "Interview with a Cannibal,"based on 30 meetings with Meiwes in jail. The interviews were approvedby the Frankfurt district court that convicted him.

"I sauteed the steak of Bernd, with salt, pepper, garlic and nutmeg.I had it with Princess croquettes, Brussels sprouts and a green peppersauce," said Meiwes. He said the meat was a little tough. He frozemeal-sized portions of Brandes, some in the form of minced meat, andate more than 20 kilograms of it in the months following the March 2001killing.

Lifelong Fantasies

During his two trials in 2004 and 2006, Meiwes said he had alwaysdreamt of having a younger brother -- "someone to be part of me" -- andhad become fascinated with cannibalism as a way to fulfil thatobsession. His desires were fuelled by the Internet, where he hadcontact with around 400 men interested in cannibalism.

He found a perfect match in Brandes, who was obsessed with beingeaten. "The first bite was of course a peculiar, indefinable feeling atfirst because I had yearned for that for 30 years, that this innerconnection would be made perfect through this flesh," Meiwes said inthe interview.

"The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good," he said.

He said that when he was a child, he had enjoyed his mother readinghim the fairy tale "Hansel and Gretel," about a witch who traps twochildren and prepares to eat the boy. "The bit where Hansel is to beeaten was interesting. You wouldn't believe how many Hansels arewhizzing around the Internet."

Police estimate that around 10,000 people in Germany alone shareMeiwes' fascination with cannibalism -- either eating human flesh orbeing eaten.

Meiwes, serving his sentence in a prison in Kassel, central Germany,could be eligible for parole after serving a mandatory 15 years injail. A psychiatric examination conducted ahead of his trials concludedthat he is not insane but has a "severely disturbed soul."

"I want to undergo therapy, I know I need that and I hope it will be done at some point," said Meiwes.

Historically many civilizations that practiced cannibalism also formed the connection. 

European explorers and colonizers brought home many stories ofcannibalism practiced by the native peoples they encountered. The friarDiego de Landa reported about Yucatán instances, Yucatán before and after the Conquest, translated from Relación de las cosas de Yucatán, 1566 (New York: Dover Publications, 1978: 4), and there have been similar reports by Purchas from Popayán, Colombia, and from the Marquesas Islands of Polynesia, where human flesh was called long pig (Alanna King, ed., Robert Louis Stevenson in the South Seas, London: Luzac Paragon House, 1987: 45–50

yeah and how many times have you heard about strange foods "tasting like chicken."

meat is meat, there are many similar flavors amongst all forms of meat. turkey burgers can taste a lot like beef ones, so can buffalo burgers, etc.

pork tasting like human flesh and vice-versa has no place in this conversation..........aren't people much "cleaner" than other animals? How does the similarity in taste help the argument that pigs are unclean then?

as for "Gods commandments appealing to human logic"......that was my point. This rule probably stemmed from people's observation that eating pork made many sick. This is because it can contain parasites that stay alive if not cooked at a high enough temperature. Back in the day before science could explain this phenomenon, people didn't know why it made them sick, so these religious rules emerged.

i'm not trying to rag on religion here, but people really should read or learn somehow about the root of religious beliefs, not just their own but all of them. do you really think it's more reasonable that a. pork made people sick, so people created a "law" in the religion of their people to forbid the consumption of pork or that b. a dietiy came down and proclaimed pigs, from that moment on, to be "unclean" and unfit for human consumption?

read some book like patterns of transcendence or anything else like that, get a good foundation of knowledge about the roots of religion. it's definitely something people should be aware of.

I always get irked by these self-righteous and pretentious non-pork eaters spewing nonsense and hating on swine. Bacon is next to Godliness. Pork ftw.

I always get irked by these self-righteous and pretentious non-pork eaters spewing nonsense and hating on swine. Bacon is next to Godliness. Pork ftw.

pork chops = good
pork rinds = good
baby back ribs = good
real bacon = good
honey baked ham = good
SPAM = good
i'm thinking since eating pork = good and since good comes from God...pork has to be next to Godliness.
tongue.gif

...and for those on here that don't eat pork, because of religious reasons...follow the rest of the rules in there as well whether it's the bible, torah or koran. no premarital sex, no getting high or drunk, do not put too much stock in earthly goods (this a shoe collectors forum), etc.

pork chops = good
pork rinds = good
baby back ribs = good
real bacon = good
honey baked ham = good
SPAM = good
i'm thinking since eating pork = good and since good comes from God...pork has to be next to Godliness.
tongue.gif

...and for those on here that don't eat pork, because of religious reasons...follow the rest of the rules in there as well whether it's the bible, torah or koran. no premarital sex, no getting high or drunk, do not put too much stock in earthly goods (this a shoe collectors forum), etc.

Well the Bible itself tells people not to eat pork (shellfish and catfish too) but as usual, people only follow the parts of the good book that they want to and ignore the rest
ohwell.gif

Well the Bible itself tells people not to eat pork (shellfish and catfish too) but as usual, people only follow the parts of the good book that they want to and ignore the rest
ohwell.gif

Bible says all kinds of +*%*. End o the day, we're citing a book where a man lived to be 969, and a big fish (not a whale) swallowed a guy who survived in his stomach for 3 days, and the sea parted allowing people to walk through it, etc etc

Bible says all kinds of +*%*. End o the day, we're citing a book where a man lived to be 969, and a big fish (not a whale) swallowed a guy who survived in his stomach for 3 days, and the sea parted allowing people to walk through it, etc etc

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

ohwell.gif
lol @ judging others for following their own form religion when christianity in and of itself is comprised of elements from other religions (zoroastrianism being the most obvious)

stop being ignorant. the hell do you care if someone eats shrimp or not.

ohwell.gif
lol @ judging others for following their own form religion when christianity in and of itself is comprised of elements from other religions (zoroastrianism being the most obvious)

stop being ignorant. the hell do you care if someone eats shrimp or not.

ohwell.gif
Whoa, don't bring logic into this argument.

Pork is great. Some of you are missing out, for real.

ohwell.gif
Whoa, don't bring logic into this argument.

Pork is great. Some of you are missing out, for real.

Originally Posted by DatzToothLess

The older I get the harder and harder it is for me to believe this book

Originally Posted by DatzToothLess

The older I get the harder and harder it is for me to believe this book

[h2][/h2]

DDP

Lifelong Fantasies

pork tasting like human flesh and vice-versa has no place inthis conversation..........aren't people much "cleaner" than otheranimals? How does the similarity in taste help the argument that pigsare unclean then?
I really feel like it has nothing to do with it.  The cleanliness argument is something I never felt truly that comfortable with, because, as you know, high heat kills practically all the bacteria that would exist.

The only thing that comes along with the cleanliness point is parasites.  Many of the parasites that exist in pigs are more resistant to high heat.
[size=+1]Dr. Glen Shepherd wrote the following on the dangers of eating pork inWashington Post (31 May 1952).

[/size][size=+1]"One in six people in USA and Canada have germs in their muscles - trichinosis8 from eating pork infected with trichina worms. Many people who are infectedshows no symptoms.

Most of those, who do have, recover slowly. Some die; some arereduced to permanent invalids. All were careless pork caters".

[/size][size=+1]He continued "No one is immune from the disease and there is no cure. Neitherantibiotics nor drugs or vaccines affect these tiny deadly worms. Preventinginfection is the real answer."[/size]
i'm not trying to rag on religion here, but people really shouldread or learn somehow about the root of religious beliefs, not justtheir own but all of them. do you really think it's more reasonablethat a. pork made people sick, so people created a "law" in thereligion of their people to forbid the consumption of pork or that b. adietiy came down and proclaimed pigs, from that moment on, to be"unclean" and unfit for human consumption?

read some book likepatterns of transcendence or anything else like that, get a goodfoundation of knowledge about the roots of religion. it's definitelysomething people should be aware of.
I understand that a. is easier for one to believe, especially now in the age we live in, but if we are going to move the subject to the more broader sense of religion, one has to look at religious rulings as a whole, not just this one in particular.

[h2][/h2]

DDP

Lifelong Fantasies

pork tasting like human flesh and vice-versa has no place inthis conversation..........aren't people much "cleaner" than otheranimals? How does the similarity in taste help the argument that pigsare unclean then?
I really feel like it has nothing to do with it.  The cleanliness argument is something I never felt truly that comfortable with, because, as you know, high heat kills practically all the bacteria that would exist.

The only thing that comes along with the cleanliness point is parasites.  Many of the parasites that exist in pigs are more resistant to high heat.
[size=+1]Dr. Glen Shepherd wrote the following on the dangers of eating pork inWashington Post (31 May 1952).

[/size][size=+1]"One in six people in USA and Canada have germs in their muscles - trichinosis8 from eating pork infected with trichina worms. Many people who are infectedshows no symptoms.

Most of those, who do have, recover slowly. Some die; some arereduced to permanent invalids. All were careless pork caters".

[/size][size=+1]He continued "No one is immune from the disease and there is no cure. Neitherantibiotics nor drugs or vaccines affect these tiny deadly worms. Preventinginfection is the real answer."[/size]
i'm not trying to rag on religion here, but people really shouldread or learn somehow about the root of religious beliefs, not justtheir own but all of them. do you really think it's more reasonablethat a. pork made people sick, so people created a "law" in thereligion of their people to forbid the consumption of pork or that b. adietiy came down and proclaimed pigs, from that moment on, to be"unclean" and unfit for human consumption?

read some book likepatterns of transcendence or anything else like that, get a goodfoundation of knowledge about the roots of religion. it's definitelysomething people should be aware of.
I understand that a. is easier for one to believe, especially now in the age we live in, but if we are going to move the subject to the more broader sense of religion, one has to look at religious rulings as a whole, not just this one in particular.

When I was young we used to go out and choose out a pig to make lechon during Christmas. We would shoot it, then wash it off and dress it. Good memories.
pimp.gif

When I was young we used to go out and choose out a pig to make lechon during Christmas. We would shoot it, then wash it off and dress it. Good memories.
pimp.gif

pork tasting like human flesh and vice-versa has no place in thisconversation..........aren't people much "cleaner" than other animals?How does the similarity in taste help the argument that pigs areunclean then?

I feel like it does has a place in the conversation, because eating something that tastes like human flesh is very unsettling.  At least in my opinion.

Also the cleanliness argument is something else entirely.  As you know, the high heat of cooking kills most of the bacteria and parasites.  Still though, pork contains parasites more resilient to the high heats of cooking.

Dr. Glen Shepherd wrote the following on the dangers of eating pork inWashington Post (31 May 1952).

"One in six people in USA and Canada have germs in their muscles - trichinosis8 from eating pork infected with trichina worms. Many people who are infectedshows no symptoms.

He continued "No one is immune from the disease and there is no cure. Neitherantibiotics nor drugs or vaccines affect these tiny deadly worms. Preventinginfection is the real answer."

i'm not trying to rag on religion here, but people really should reador learn somehow about the root of religious beliefs, not just theirown but all of them. do you really think it's more reasonable that a.pork made people sick, so people created a "law" in the religion oftheir people to forbid the consumption of pork or that b. a dietiy camedown and proclaimed pigs, from that moment on, to be "unclean" andunfit for human consumption?

read some book like patterns oftranscendence or anything else like that, get a good foundation ofknowledge about the roots of religion. it's definitely something peopleshould be aware of.
I know you're not, and I respect your approach to the discussion and maintenance of civility.

I can acknowledge that choice 'a' makes appeals to logic more, considering the times we live in.  But I think that if we are going to shift this discussion to the broader sense of religious rulings, we have to look at them as a whole.

pork tasting like human flesh and vice-versa has no place in thisconversation..........aren't people much "cleaner" than other animals?How does the similarity in taste help the argument that pigs areunclean then?

I feel like it does has a place in the conversation, because eating something that tastes like human flesh is very unsettling.  At least in my opinion.

Also the cleanliness argument is something else entirely.  As you know, the high heat of cooking kills most of the bacteria and parasites.  Still though, pork contains parasites more resilient to the high heats of cooking.

Dr. Glen Shepherd wrote the following on the dangers of eating pork inWashington Post (31 May 1952).

"One in six people in USA and Canada have germs in their muscles - trichinosis8 from eating pork infected with trichina worms. Many people who are infectedshows no symptoms.

He continued "No one is immune from the disease and there is no cure. Neitherantibiotics nor drugs or vaccines affect these tiny deadly worms. Preventinginfection is the real answer."

i'm not trying to rag on religion here, but people really should reador learn somehow about the root of religious beliefs, not just theirown but all of them. do you really think it's more reasonable that a.pork made people sick, so people created a "law" in the religion oftheir people to forbid the consumption of pork or that b. a dietiy camedown and proclaimed pigs, from that moment on, to be "unclean" andunfit for human consumption?

read some book like patterns oftranscendence or anything else like that, get a good foundation ofknowledge about the roots of religion. it's definitely something peopleshould be aware of.
I know you're not, and I respect your approach to the discussion and maintenance of civility.

I can acknowledge that choice 'a' makes appeals to logic more, considering the times we live in.  But I think that if we are going to shift this discussion to the broader sense of religious rulings, we have to look at them as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom