Why is there a Pro Bowl?

It seems like it's the least interested game of the year. And now players are declining to go...

Why not just have an All-AFC and All-NFC team? And don't have a week off for the Super Bowl...

It just drags it out
mad.gif

$tupid.

it may have been mentioned in another thread...but the NFL wants members of the Colts and Saints to fly down on sunday for all the pro bowl bull %!+*, then fly back home at halftime...then fly back down with their teams on monday.

%!+*'s ******ed.

They've always had a week between the super bowl, even before the Pro Bowl was that weekend; probably just to build the hype. We all know the pro-bowl sucks, it will never be on par with baseball or basketball's all-star games; especially if people keep refusing to go. I like your idea, the league should just take the L and quit the pro bowl.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Stop crying. It'll be back to the way it was next year. get over it.
eyes.gif

They should just stick to All-Pro teams and scrap the Pro Bowl.

Yup it's stupid. They should scrap it and place more emphasis on the skills competition. Upgrade the existing events, add some new ones, put it in a stadium to give it more of a big-time feel and it would probably be more interesting.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Yup it's stupid. They should scrap it and place more emphasis on the skills competition. Upgrade the existing events, add some new ones, put it in a stadium to give it more of a big-time feel and it would probably be more interesting.
That's good idea.

I'd rather see what WR can run the fastest 40 than watch a half-hearted game.

That said, ya'll make me laugh tryna act like this is the first time there have been two week before the super bowl and like this is the first time a bunch of guys drop out. A lot of guys that played hurt into the end of the season/playoffs are told by their team doctors not to play also. No sense whatsoever in playing injured in the Pro Bowl.

--Asked one of my boys if he wanted to catch the Celtics/Lakers game somewhere on Sunday and he said naw man I'm watchin the Pro Bowl.
indifferent.gif

--Celtics/Lakers game on 1/31/10 > All the pro bowls in the history of the NFL put together.

--Nonetheless, I agree with you OP.

They made it before the superbowl this year so they can get more ratings because most people stop watching football once the super bowl is over. However, I personally like watching the pro bowl after the super bowl. It's kinda fun to see all your favorite players for the last time of the year.

I was done with the Pro-Bowl, once Sean Taylor got that heat for hitting that kicker. They were complaining he was playing too hard basically.

real talk: players should only get their probowl paycheck if they play in the game...more people will play and it will actually be ag ood game

true true. There just needs to be some motivation and icnentive for the players so the game will be more exciting.

Co-sign on the skills competition. That and an all pro team for each conference would be plenty. Sorry hawaii. And I meant why have a week off as well, I know the two aren't directly linked. And you two are goons.

I've watched the pro bowl numerous years....but I cant name ONE single memorable play...you watch that game if you have absolutely nothing else to watch and happen to be at the house at that moment

Does anyone actually watch this thing?

The pro bowl is a joke. The players don't even want a part in it.

They should just get rid of it.

The more I think about it, the revamped skills competition would be great. They could keep it the week before the Super Bowl at the same site of the big game. Pretty much turn it into a primetime 2 hour live event, similar to the NBA's All-Star Saturday night. They could do AFC vs. NFC and tally up points for every event or somethin like that or just have them compete head on. And make everyone compete in full pads and their normal team uniforms instead of those crappy Pro Bowl joints.

Only thing would be fan turnout. Wouldn't expect it to be a full house but I'm sure if they made ticket prices to attend pretty cheap, a lot of folks would show up

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I've watched the pro bowl numerous years....but I cant name ONE single memorable play...you watch that game if you have absolutely nothing else to watch and happen to be at the house at that moment
Hines Ward? running an onside kick back for a TD
ohwell.gif

But when I watch it's just for the skills comp and the old timers scrimmage

Anyone know if they still do the Pro Bowl skills competitions?

the beach flag football game
NFL's fastest man
QB Challenge
RB obstacle course

I enjoyed those events more than the actual game. Best thing in recent memory from the Pro Bowl is when Sean Taylor killed Brian Moorman.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Anyone know if they still do the Pro Bowl skills competitions?

the beach flag football game
I thought they got rid of this after former Patriots RB Robert Edwards tore his knee up playing in that game.

The Pro Bowl does not generate interest...it hasn't for a very long time. I used to enjoy watching the skills competition, but the games themselves were just awful to watch...and it should tell you something about how the players feel about the game too when a good percentage of the players choose not to participate.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom