Why no love for the movie Buried?

just saw it this morning.. and i thought it was perfectly executed with the what they had to work with.. simple idea but thrilling.

movie cost 3 mil and made 1 mil @ the box office.
eek.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

appreciated.

Ryan+Reynolds+Buried.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Buried%28movie_wallpaper_pictures_photo_pics_poster%29%28%29buried_2.jpg
YOU MAD?

just saw it this morning.. and i thought it was perfectly executed with the what they had to work with.. simple idea but thrilling.

movie cost 3 mil and made 1 mil @ the box office.
eek.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

appreciated.

Ryan+Reynolds+Buried.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Buried%28movie_wallpaper_pictures_photo_pics_poster%29%28%29buried_2.jpg
YOU MAD?

It's difficult enough to get people to go to the movies, when they do, many won't spend the money to watch Reynolds be trapped in a box the whole time.

Certain movies are better on the big screen and others you can wait until you see it on DVD, Buried is the latter.

It's difficult enough to get people to go to the movies, when they do, many won't spend the money to watch Reynolds be trapped in a box the whole time.

Certain movies are better on the big screen and others you can wait until you see it on DVD, Buried is the latter.

I wanted to see this movie actually, but it was only playing in select theaters, which is terrible and probably the reason they only made 1/3 of their money back. I live in Westchester, NY (now) and the only theaters that I saw showing it was in Manhattan.

I wanted to see this movie actually, but it was only playing in select theaters, which is terrible and probably the reason they only made 1/3 of their money back. I live in Westchester, NY (now) and the only theaters that I saw showing it was in Manhattan.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

this will be a huge hit on DVD, that's the kind of movie it is
word, like Memento
Originally Posted by Meetthahustla

I actually liked the ending. Saved the movie for me.
?
did I miss something?

possibly, did you just enjoy the brutal reality?

pm me if you dont want to spoil it for everyone else

Originally Posted by StillIn729

this will be a huge hit on DVD, that's the kind of movie it is
word, like Memento
Originally Posted by Meetthahustla

I actually liked the ending. Saved the movie for me.
?
did I miss something?

possibly, did you just enjoy the brutal reality?

pm me if you dont want to spoil it for everyone else

Haven't seen it but will rent it. And it bombed in box office because there was no advertising for it. I only knew about it because of Apple trailers. 

Haven't seen it but will rent it. And it bombed in box office because there was no advertising for it. I only knew about it because of Apple trailers. 

I've watched both 127 hours and Buried, yet they feel like different movies to me despite the similar situations. Franco's movie felt more of an emotional trip and Reynold's felt more like intensity throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed Buried. The fact that everyone probably took it for being a movie about Ryan Reynolds in a box hurt it. It was a pretty damn intense movie for everything they had to work with.

And I liked the ending. Although it made me want to slap someone.

Back
Top Bottom