Why no love for the movie Buried?

I've watched both 127 hours and Buried, yet they feel like different movies to me despite the similar situations. Franco's movie felt more of an emotional trip and Reynold's felt more like intensity throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed Buried. The fact that everyone probably took it for being a movie about Ryan Reynolds in a box hurt it. It was a pretty damn intense movie for everything they had to work with.

And I liked the ending. Although it made me want to slap someone.

I think 127 Hours=Phone Booth>Buried.

I like happy endings to my movies.
laugh.gif

It never open wide. Very small release.

Total Lifetime Grosses

[table][tr][td]Domestic:[/td][td] $1,044,143[/td][td]   5.7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]+ Foreign:[/td][td] $17,331,295[/td][td]   94.3%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]= Worldwide:[/td][td] $18,375,438[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Domestic Summary
[table][tr][td]Opening Weekend:[/td][td] $100,268[/td][/tr][tr][td](#41 rank, 11 theaters, $9,115 average)[/td][/tr][tr][td]% of Total Gross:[/td][td] 9.6%[/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Helvetica, Arial, Sans-Serif]> View All 7 Weekends[/font][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Widest Release:[/td][td] 107 theaters[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Close Date:[/td][td] November 11, 2010[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]In Release:[/td][td] 49 days / 7 weeks[/td][/tr][/table]

It never open wide. Very small release.

Total Lifetime Grosses

[table][tr][td]Domestic:[/td][td] $1,044,143[/td][td]   5.7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]+ Foreign:[/td][td] $17,331,295[/td][td]   94.3%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]= Worldwide:[/td][td] $18,375,438[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Domestic Summary
[table][tr][td]Opening Weekend:[/td][td] $100,268[/td][/tr][tr][td](#41 rank, 11 theaters, $9,115 average)[/td][/tr][tr][td]% of Total Gross:[/td][td] 9.6%[/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Helvetica, Arial, Sans-Serif]> View All 7 Weekends[/font][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Widest Release:[/td][td] 107 theaters[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Close Date:[/td][td] November 11, 2010[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]In Release:[/td][td] 49 days / 7 weeks[/td][/tr][/table]

I thought it was a thrilling movie, but then again I put up ZERO money to see it.

It ended how it should and I enjoyed it.

Still gotta check out 127 hours though. James Franco is that dude.

I thought it was a thrilling movie, but then again I put up ZERO money to see it.

It ended how it should and I enjoyed it.

Still gotta check out 127 hours though. James Franco is that dude.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by StillIn729

this will be a huge hit on DVD, that's the kind of movie it is
word, like Memento
Originally Posted by Meetthahustla

I actually liked the ending. Saved the movie for me.
?
did I miss something?

possibly, did you just enjoy the brutal reality?

pm me if you dont want to spoil it for everyone else
The endings was cool because it wasn't that typical happy ending. It messed with your mind the last two minutes and made you think something else was gonna happen and then BAM. I liked it, it was sad that way. I just saw the movie yesterday and was blown away. Really enjoyed it, it was simple and intense from the jump

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by StillIn729

this will be a huge hit on DVD, that's the kind of movie it is
word, like Memento
Originally Posted by Meetthahustla

I actually liked the ending. Saved the movie for me.
?
did I miss something?

possibly, did you just enjoy the brutal reality?

pm me if you dont want to spoil it for everyone else
The endings was cool because it wasn't that typical happy ending. It messed with your mind the last two minutes and made you think something else was gonna happen and then BAM. I liked it, it was sad that way. I just saw the movie yesterday and was blown away. Really enjoyed it, it was simple and intense from the jump

Back
Top Bottom