Will Facebook ever fall off? Serious question

myspace fell off because it got childish

Facebook's getting there but since there are a bunch of adults and old people on it...i don't see it falling off

myspace fell off because it got childish

Facebook's getting there but since there are a bunch of adults and old people on it...i don't see it falling off

I dont see FB falling off completely but i do think it will slow down one day. As, many people get older and become more mature the time they would use to entertain them selves on FB, that energy would be spent o more important things. But it will always have its users, its one of the best ways to stay in contact with people.

I dont see FB falling off completely but i do think it will slow down one day. As, many people get older and become more mature the time they would use to entertain them selves on FB, that energy would be spent o more important things. But it will always have its users, its one of the best ways to stay in contact with people.

Social media is a form of communication, much like e-mail & cell phones, which are all too big to just disappear in our society

Social media is a form of communication, much like e-mail & cell phones, which are all too big to just disappear in our society

I dont think it will for the simple fact that I alone check my facebook at least 20 times a day if not more.

I dont think it will for the simple fact that I alone check my facebook at least 20 times a day if not more.

idk if this thought has been brought up but i think if google were to put something together it could give facebook a run for its money

but the thing is so many people have facebook they would be reluctant to start over.. i know i'm not messing with any new social networking sites, if FB goes that's it for me..

idk if this thought has been brought up but i think if google were to put something together it could give facebook a run for its money

but the thing is so many people have facebook they would be reluctant to start over.. i know i'm not messing with any new social networking sites, if FB goes that's it for me..

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Originally Posted by RottenPieces

All of the Twitter hop-ons annoy me. So many of them claim that FB is dead and that Twitter has taken over. No, it has not, Twitter is just a mew toy that will get boring with more and more use. FB will still be here and strong.
To be fair, Ive always though that comparative argument is stupid and sounds immature, BUT I think Twitter engages its users far more. Twitter allows for actual social interaction while Facebook allows for personal edification.

One can't use twitter without acknowledging others. One can use Facebook as merely a tool to connect to others but that level of interaction is very rigid.
This is just wrong. I can't think of a single thing you can do on Twitter that you can't do on Facebook. Basically all of Twitter is like the Status update on Facebook, which is a very small part of the whole Facebook experience. Hell, Facebook chat alone should be enough to keep the site relevant. AIM etc are still limping along, and Skype is increasingly popular. If Facebook integrates a video chat that can replace Skype that will be huge. People will always want to stay in touch with friends.

If you're just using Twitter as status updates, then you're using it wrong.
Well put

Twitter is more interactive then facebook.  Facebook has turned into a "Hey everyone look at me" type site, while twitter is more "hey man what you up to"  it's more personal in my eyes. 

All that being said if you don't have friends on twitter then it can seem pretty useless

But very interesting points being made about how older people never picked up on myspace but now they are on facebook.  Which may lead to its longevity.  The older crowds are usually late adapters to technology (generalization) so they may be the key to keeping facebook around.  I know my mom has loved being on facebook and hooking back up with all of her old high school friends.  Sad when my mom has a facebook and i don't lol. 

But i think it will happen like every other sight.  The early adapters will get sick of it.  Too many people on it...too much attention whoring....whatever it is.  Then when something new comes out they will go to it.  Claim "it's way better then facebook" then if it actually is better then facebook in some manner people will start to follow the pack.  The process will probably repeat itself. 

Or facebook could be here forever and become Skynet

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Originally Posted by RottenPieces

All of the Twitter hop-ons annoy me. So many of them claim that FB is dead and that Twitter has taken over. No, it has not, Twitter is just a mew toy that will get boring with more and more use. FB will still be here and strong.
To be fair, Ive always though that comparative argument is stupid and sounds immature, BUT I think Twitter engages its users far more. Twitter allows for actual social interaction while Facebook allows for personal edification.

One can't use twitter without acknowledging others. One can use Facebook as merely a tool to connect to others but that level of interaction is very rigid.
This is just wrong. I can't think of a single thing you can do on Twitter that you can't do on Facebook. Basically all of Twitter is like the Status update on Facebook, which is a very small part of the whole Facebook experience. Hell, Facebook chat alone should be enough to keep the site relevant. AIM etc are still limping along, and Skype is increasingly popular. If Facebook integrates a video chat that can replace Skype that will be huge. People will always want to stay in touch with friends.

If you're just using Twitter as status updates, then you're using it wrong.
Well put

Twitter is more interactive then facebook.  Facebook has turned into a "Hey everyone look at me" type site, while twitter is more "hey man what you up to"  it's more personal in my eyes. 

All that being said if you don't have friends on twitter then it can seem pretty useless

But very interesting points being made about how older people never picked up on myspace but now they are on facebook.  Which may lead to its longevity.  The older crowds are usually late adapters to technology (generalization) so they may be the key to keeping facebook around.  I know my mom has loved being on facebook and hooking back up with all of her old high school friends.  Sad when my mom has a facebook and i don't lol. 

But i think it will happen like every other sight.  The early adapters will get sick of it.  Too many people on it...too much attention whoring....whatever it is.  Then when something new comes out they will go to it.  Claim "it's way better then facebook" then if it actually is better then facebook in some manner people will start to follow the pack.  The process will probably repeat itself. 

Or facebook could be here forever and become Skynet

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Remember a few years ago when everyone was saying myspace and aim wouldn't fall off? ..yeah
aim hasn't fallen off though, especially since its intergrated with facebook chat.

myspace though....RIP

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Remember a few years ago when everyone was saying myspace and aim wouldn't fall off? ..yeah
aim hasn't fallen off though, especially since its intergrated with facebook chat.

myspace though....RIP

Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

yup, and da way facebook keeps evolving i don't see it fallin off anytime soon..its literally integrated with da entire internet...

until something does what facebook does better its gonna be around...because da idea of "social networkin" isn't goin anywhere.

Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

yup, and da way facebook keeps evolving i don't see it fallin off anytime soon..its literally integrated with da entire internet...

until something does what facebook does better its gonna be around...because da idea of "social networkin" isn't goin anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom