Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

Naw the new jordans are garbage. They aren't even bron / Kobe status right now. 15's on

Last edited:
won't be as popular as Jordan's because they don't have the casual look or casual feel. They are very popular tho. I would put them ahead of Iversons, Penny's, Kobe's in popularity. Not a big lebron fan but the 7's and 8's are my favorites. I have 1 pair of 7's and 2 pairs of 8's.

The problem with Lebron's is that there are about 100 different color ways, excluding ID's, for each model..then you have the low's and that's another 40 color ways or so...:lol:

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but the thing is that there are NO real staple Lebron color ways of any shoe to the general public. If you're into sneakers then you're obviously going to know more about certain color ways than the average person...but how can that compare to classic color ways that MJ wore for several games during his career? Simply put it can't...

A black cement III transcends eras of time because it's a great shoe and look first of all, and secondly you can recall MJ (if you're old enough) tearing up the league that season as well as many others in certain pairs of J's that are just as pivotal as his game on the court..

Now take a hard look at Lebron's...

Outside of perhaps the Lebron 8 South Beach, what else does the general public actually KNOW is a Lebron without being told? Most guys I personally know can quickly identify a Jordan 7 or a pair of concords or playoff 13's...it's tough however to identify with a Lebron because it usually resembles so many other flywire type sneakers out on the market today...

So unless Nike does a history lesson on it's exorbitant Lebron color ways to help identify them more with the general public in years to come, I doubt they will ever even touch the surface of popularity that Jordans currently have...

^ its a shame current pop culture can hold you hostage like that blaster

It's no biggie man. 5-7 days a week I dress up for work, Saturday I chill, and Sunday it's super lazy day / yard work. Only time in really able to throw on shoes just to is at the gym and jordans are horrible for all that. I'd rather throw on more comfortable shoes. Plus selling them off didn't hurt me at all.

Last edited:
I can see the 9's and 10's retro'ing due to the hype they had when releasing, imo though the 4's look the best. 

The problem with Lebron's is that there are about 100 different color ways, excluding ID's, for each model..then you have the low's and that's another 40 color ways or so...:lol:

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but the thing is that there are NO real staple Lebron color ways of any shoe to the general public. If you're into sneakers then you're obviously going to know more about certain color ways than the average person...but how can that compare to classic color ways that MJ wore for several games during his career? Simply put it can't...

A black cement III transcends eras of time because it's a great shoe and look first of all, and secondly you can recall MJ (if you're old enough) tearing up the league that season as well as many others in certain pairs of J's that are just as pivotal as his game on the court..

Now take a hard look at Lebron's...

Outside of perhaps the Lebron 8 South Beach, what else does the general public actually KNOW is a Lebron without being told? Most guys I personally know can quickly identify a Jordan 7 or a pair of concords or playoff 13's...it's tough however to identify with a Lebron because it usually resembles so many other flywire type sneakers out on the market today...

So unless Nike does a history lesson on it's exorbitant Lebron color ways to help identify them more with the general public in years to come, I doubt they will ever even touch the surface of popularity that Jordans currently have...

This

Most people wouldn't care about a Lebron retro unless it was a limited or hyped model like the South Beach 8 or Birthday 4.

Not necessarily. comparing anything to the Jordan line isn't the best way to figure out the trend. Look at all the other Nike retro shoes. They sit and go on sale one after the other.

How much are people paying for lebron 1's now? If you find a pair 100 bucks and you're set
I see where you're coming from. But I don't see Lebron going the way of the Penny, Barkley, Pippen etc. shoe lines as Lebron is the only guy that's on Jordan's level in terms of player and shoe line popularity. His shoe line will be long enough to compete with Jordan's (20+ shoes) and I think his recent shoes will be classics for future generations just like the Jordan 3,4,5, and 6s are classics to our generation.

I see Lebron 1s going for $250+ now.

Resale "value" for any shoe is kinda swayed now. Kids think 200 retail is a steal :x

And I disagree, bron is nowhere near Jordan status shoe wise or basketball wise. Debatable I know.

And on a side note, kids don't buy the "shoes" per say. They're after color ways and a limited tag. If a 1/100 pair of all pink pippens drop kids will go for them. Throw a cool name and gimmick and it on. I'm convinced some people buy shoes they don't even like just to have them for collectings sake.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. comparing anything to the Jordan line isn't the best way to figure out the trend. Look at all the other Nike retro shoes. They sit and go on sale one after the other.

How much are people paying for lebron 1's now? If you find a pair 100 bucks and you're set
I see where you're coming from. But I don't see Lebron going the way of the Penny, Barkley, Pippen etc. shoe lines as Lebron is the only guy that's on Jordan's level in terms of player and shoe line popularity. His shoe line will be long enough to compete with Jordan's (20+ shoes) and I think his recent shoes will be classics for future generations just like the Jordan 3,4,5, and 6s are classics to our generation.

I see Lebron 1s going for $250+ now.

giphy.gif

Lebron stans say the dumbest ****.

Back
Top Bottom