Will Nike Ever retro the original Griffey Max?

80536c7f1f00a22184f78f4eb7646278b6657d60.pjpg
Will Nike Ever retro the original Griffey Max? Gotta have these. Anybody have info on how I can get these???

id love to see these again.... never had em when i was younger.... an awesome shoe.

Thats crazy when I was walking my dog yesterday I seen some dude who had the griffey jersey on and I asked him to sell it to me for the dub and he laughed andsaid he has to keep that collectable!!!

man oh man... nike shuda retroed these this year along with all the other heat they dropping... oh well gotta save some other stuff for the upcoming years...

griffey is one of my fav players of all time, these are a must cop

Originally Posted by MrEastAtl

80536c7f1f00a22184f78f4eb7646278b6657d60.pjpg
Will Nike Ever retro the original Griffey Max? Gotta have these. Anybody have info on how I can get these???

Been looking for these as well as the emerald colorway for quite some time. A retro would be nice, as long as they done kill it

I loved the Green/Black colorway, I still remember when they were on clearance for $29.99 now DS pairs dont go for lower than $300. Crazy.

These'll be retrod....Nike would miss out on some serious profit if they weren't. They've dropped/will drop so much 90s heat this year, it onlymakes sense to bring these back.

As of Late it seems that Nike tests the waters with retroes and if one bombs they seem hesitant to retro another shoe from that line. I could see them tryingto limit these in some way because of the lackluster sales of the Griffey 2 retroes from 2003. Neither of the 2 Reds colorways were bad (I bought the white/redpair at retail), but they could've brought out one of the OG colorways. If they are gonna do it, do it right!! which they have yet to do with a Griffey.Why come out with a shoe for him, and then retro it a year later? They did this twice with the Griffey IV (came out in 99 and then again in 2000), and theGriffey VI (Came out in 2001 and the again in 02-03 under the name GD Max II)

Just look on eBay. I saw at least two floating around eBay, there was a size 9 and something else.

But I do hope they retro.

Originally Posted by ShortyC94

As of Late it seems that Nike tests the waters with retroes and if one bombs they seem hesitant to retro another shoe from that line. I could see them trying to limit these in some way because of the lackluster sales of the Griffey 2 retroes from 2003. Neither of the 2 Reds colorways were bad (I bought the white/red pair at retail), but they could've brought out one of the OG colorways. If they are gonna do it, do it right!! which they have yet to do with a Griffey. Why come out with a shoe for him, and then retro it a year later? They did this twice with the Griffey IV (came out in 99 and then again in 2000), and the Griffey VI (Came out in 2001 and the again in 02-03 under the name GD Max II)

well da first retro sucked...i bought it outta pity.....but none of da mariner colors saw da light again which was a disaster.

Nike should've been learned with these and now da tech challenges that once you alter da original design u risk alienatin da people that loved that shoeuntouched.

I would definately appreciate nike if they brought these back. Never owned a pair, but I wouldn't mind changing that.
wink.gif

its hard to believe that those dropped around 15 years ago. wow the 90's are starting to be long long long gone. if these retro the kids will have no ideawhos shoe this was. these will sell in NY for history purpose like always. down here in the south they will sit on shelves for ever. ill buy 2 pairs of each OGcolorway if ever retroed.

Not exactly the AGM1 (its a hybrid of the AGM1 & 2)... but this gives us hope... (not my pic)

8d82520ede664e66739223e3fb4f73f7f0943f6.pjpg

I'm interested to see what Nike does after they drop the Swingman Remix cleat in October. It would be a shame to base sneaker sales off a cleat butthat's Nike for ya. One would hope that a SOME SORT of Griffey sneaker is at least being considered.

Not a complaint but does the Remix have too much II influence and not enough I? Nike, why are you guys so stuck on the II?

Back
Top Bottom