Will Smith & Jay-Z Partner To Form New Movie Conglomerate

I aint even mad.

Gotta support my dude Will with whatever he does.

Good to see some other "Black" productions on the big screen other than Tyler Perry's Southern Churchfolk Adventures.
I've been waiting for this type of variety for years.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

When is the last time we can say that Will lost?
When Carlton didn't pass the ball to Will and missed the potential game winning half court shot.

laugh.gif
 I remember that episode.........I think Carlton shot an air ball.

For everyone who says why does race mattter..grow up!!. Because we all know it does and theres nothing wrong with that. Racism is wrong but identifying yourself with a race and being proud of it is not. So my point in saying this is, Im a BLACK college student and seeing Jay-Z and Will Smith doing things like this make me wanna go study even harder because there opening the door for not only blacks but every minority out there. (Asians,Latin Americans,etc..everything but white lol)

Unless you want to go the Perry routes (build your own hollywood) You pretty much have to go through a major studio through atleast some of the production. The overhead, and barrier to entry is way too high even for the likes of HOV and SMITH.

I always had a problem with this idea among the black community as far as the black image goes. If somebody is going to speak for us or represent us I don't know why they'd think we need a black Annie or a black Wizard Of Oz (*waits for the inevitable black Charlie in the Chocolate Factory*).

Why not just create your own iconic roles and classic films instead? Seems there always needs to be a black version of something.

I can' say this is a good thing. I'd rather make a film for and/or about the black community that's a classic and have everybody else say it's not as good as the other classics with nothing but white faces than do a remake black version of some classic that is filled white faces. We gonna be doing a black Oliver Twist too?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

When Carlton didn't pass the ball to Will and missed the potential game winning half court shot.

laugh.gif
joint was no where near the hoop
laugh.gif
I still cant keep a straight face watching Will swat Isiah's shot

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif
joint was no where near the hoop
laugh.gif
I still cant keep a straight face watching Will swat Isiah's shot

Back
Top Bottom