Will T-Mac get past the First Round

It all depends on match ups but if they play like they're playing now then without a doubt they can get out of the 1st round.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

who exactly do you guys see them beating in the first round?

serious question.
COULD BEAT, in no order:

New Orleans: CP3 is a beast, but the Rockets have already beat them twice in the past 3 weeks by double digits. Plus, it's a lot of Hornets' first time in the playoffs, so, who knows how they react to being in the big show for the first time.

Dallas: Rockets destroyed them with the pick and roll. (Minus Dirk of course) But, just like how three years ago I thought the Rockets matched up well against the Mavs, I think they still match up well against them. Dallas for the most part, has Houston's number though..

GSW: Without Yao, the Rockets stand a better chance of beating GSW. GSW always gives Yao fits, and the Rockets waste too much shot clock trying to get him the ball. (Al Harriington fronting him) As a result, the Rockets get off bad shots with the shot clock running out.

Phoenix: They're a scary team. ......on paper. But until they start showing that they've gelled with Shaq, any team in the West has a shot of beating them.

Utah: Last year, it was Hayes, Juwan Howard, and Yao trying to contain Boozer. Boozer is too quick on his feet for Howard + Yao, and as a result, he killed us. And Boozer didn't have to guard Hayes, as he has no offense. Now the Rockets can roll out Hayes + Landry + Scola on Boozer, and hope for the best. And Houston would have home court on the Jazz, whereas the Jazz aren't that good a road team this year.

Denver: More like _enver. No D. And they're horrible on the road.

Theres no way they could play Golden State, although I wish they could so we could beat them.
Sure they could. If the Rockets do get the #1 seed, and you stay in the 8 slot, there you go. Houston is only a game back of the 1, so it ispossible.

like I said. "Theres no way they could play Golden State"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My bad man, didn't mean to step on your toes.

im not hating or anything cause the rockets are on a roll right now. theres just no way they finish above san antonio and los angeles. The highest they couldget is the 3rd, and I dont see them staying that high either. the warriors on the other hand won't get any higher than the 7.

the west is too tight to say they are gonna be gurantee's, especially for a team like the rockets

i sure hope not, bc i got a thousand dollar bet that TMac will never win a championship

Why are people gassing this Team so hard.. They Havent played anybody
3 teams over 500.

SMH at people really believing that Tmac will get past the 1st..

they have benefitted from great scheduling.

They will lose 5 of their next 8

[table][tr][td]MARCH[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]TIME (ET)[/td] [td]TV[/td] [td]LOCAL TV[/td] [td]RESOURCES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Mar 12[/td] [td]@ Atlanta[/td] [td]7:00 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, Mar 14[/td] [td]Charlotte[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Mar 16[/td] [td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]7:00 PM[/td] [td]NBA TV[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, Mar 18[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]9:30 PM[/td] [td]TNT[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Mar 19[/td] [td]@ New Orleans[/td] [td]8:00 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, Mar 21[/td] [td]@ Golden State[/td] [td]10:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Mar 22[/td] [td]@ Phoenix[/td] [td]10:00 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon, Mar 24[/td] [td]Sacramento[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Mar 26[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Mar 30[/td] [td]@ San Antonio[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APRIL[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]TIME (ET)[/td] [td]TV[/td] [td]LOCAL TV[/td] [td]RESOURCES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, Apr 1[/td] [td]@ Sacramento[/td] [td]10:00 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, Apr 3[/td] [td]@ Portland[/td] [td]10:30 PM[/td] [td]TNT[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, Apr 4[/td] [td]@ Seattle[/td] [td]10:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Apr 6[/td] [td]@ LA Clippers[/td] [td]9:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Apr 9[/td] [td]Seattle[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, Apr 11[/td] [td]Phoenix[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Apr 13[/td] [td]@ Denver[/td] [td]9:00 PM[/td] [td]NBA TV[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon, Apr 14[/td] [td]@ Utah[/td] [td]9:00 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Apr 16[/td] [td]LA Clippers[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Tickets | Travel[/td] [/tr][/table]
all games that they could possibly lose(sacramento and portland are also decent teams). if the team 3, 4, or even all 5 games in that firststretch they could drop to 6-8.

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

3 teams over 500.

Nobody is saying the Rockets are championship bound, but, let me make 2 points.

1. Once Yao went down, everybody called curtains for the Rockets. (They were in 7th place at the time) Everybody thought they'd fall off the playoffchase. Instead, they're up there within a game of first seed. So to automatically assume T-Mac has no chance making it out the first round, is just asdumb as assuming the Rockets weren't going to make the playoffs once Yao went down. Don't assume anything. Especially this year, where team 8 hasjust a good a shot of advancing out of the first round, as anybody else. The West is stacked.

2. I hate the, 'Who have they played during the streak,' arguement. 19 wins in a row = tied for 3rd longest in NBA history. You can count on one handhow many teams have won 19+ in a row. It's not that easy. You could pitt San Antonio or Boston (or whoever you think is the best team in the league rightnow) and have them play the Knicks or Heat (or whoever you think is the worst team right now) and best believe the worst team will win at least ONE game. So,to win 19, some at home, some on the road, against different opponents, is in fact, impressive. If it was such an easy thing to do, you'd see more teamsputting on these type of winning streaks. You don't.
Ok, so based on your "logic" the fact that Houston won ONE game vs the Hornets, Rockets are better no doubt. And because they beat Dallas ONE time, they are better.

No wonder you guys can't get out of the first round. The playoffs are a SERIES of games, not just one.

And for the love of God, please do not ever say the Rockets match up well with the Spurs IN THE PLAYOFFS. Those guys treat the first round like the preseason, you guys plan for your vacations right after the first round is over. So please don't insult people with that garbage.

Your streak is nice, it's going to be remembered for a very long time. But don't act like it's the whole season and the rest of the games don't matter. If there was NO DOUBT they would be in the WCF, then why were they 10th in the west when the streak started?

As you say, go watch some games.
smh.gif

Dude, Clutch posed a question, who can the Rockets beat.

I listed some teams I thought they COULD beat. I didn't say they'd destroy them, but against the teams I listed, I really do think the Rockets stand achance. It's not like they're going to roll over or anything. Or get swept. But again, anybody can come out the West this year. Rockets included.

We'll find out soon enough.

It's also true that the Rockets could drop in standing, but it's also true that they can move up as well.

The West is LOADED this year.

Nobody can call anything.

Heck, the Warriors aren't even a lock to make it in. Denver could still catch them.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Heck, the Warriors nobody aren't even is a lock to make it in.
I saw you post in another thread you were going to the GSW/HTown game.

..me too.

Rockets gonna make believers out of GSW hoops fans.
wink.gif

We'll see. We pounded you by double digits the first two games. The third you were up by 20+ and needed the refs to help you in the final minutes toovercome us.
I love going to see the Rockets vs. Warriors. Just hate all the stupid Yao fans
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

they have just a good of a shot as anyone

its crazy, tmac was on the orlando magic and lost 19 (or was it 20?) straight and one that won 19 straight, lol

I was thinkin that the other day too. Also, thinking about how NOW when HIS team has won 19 straight, it's because of the TEAM but when he was onOrlando and they lost 19 straight it was because of TMAC.
eyes.gif

3 teams over 500.

8 teams over 500.
They won 19 games including 7 w/o their so called best player, isn'timpressive because the teams they played?
Then tell me why Boston didn't win 22 games with this schedule then..
[table][tr][td]November[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 02[/td] [td] vs Washington[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 04[/td] [td] @ Toronto[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 07[/td] [td] vs Denver[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 09[/td] [td] vs Atlanta[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sat 10[/td] [td] @ New Jersey[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Tue 13[/td] [td] @ Indiana[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 14[/td] [td] vs New Jersey[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 16[/td] [td] vs Miami[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 18[/td] [td] @ Orlando[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 21[/td] [td] vs Golden State[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 23[/td] [td] vs LA Lakers[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sat 24[/td] [td] @ Charlotte[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Tue 27[/td] [td] @ Cleveland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Thu 29[/td] [td] vs New York[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 30[/td] [td] @ Miami[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 02[/td] [td] vs Cleveland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 05[/td] [td] @ Philadelphia[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 07[/td] [td] vs Toronto[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sat 08[/td] [td] @ Chicago[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 12[/td] [td] vs Sacramento[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Fri 14[/td] [td] vs Milwaukee[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 16[/td] [td] @ Toronto[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
*I bolded the teams with a .500+ record at the time they played.
because its harder than you think...

Look at this roster, and tell me the 19 game win streak isn't impressive
[table][tr][td] 12[/td] [td]Alston, Rafer[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]7/24/76 [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Fresno State[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 31[/td] [td]Battier, Shane[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]9/9/78 [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 0[/td] [td]Brooks, Aaron[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]1/14/85 [/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 3[/td] [td]Francis, Steve
injury.jpg
[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]2/21/77 [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 19[/td] [td]Harris, Mike[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]6/15/83 [/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Rice[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 44[/td] [td]Hayes, Chuck[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]6/11/83 [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2[/td] [td]Head, Luther[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]11/26/82 [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Illinois[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 8[/td] [td]Jackson, Bobby[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]3/13/73 [/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 14[/td] [td]Landry, Carl
injury.jpg
[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]9/19/83 [/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Purdue[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1[/td] [td]McGrady, Tracy[/td] [td]GF[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]223[/td] [td]5/24/79 [/td] [td]10[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 11[/td] [td]Ming, Yao
injury.jpg
[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-6[/td] [td]310[/td] [td]9/12/80 [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 55[/td] [td]Mutombo, Dikembe[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-2[/td] [td]261[/td] [td]6/25/66 [/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 20[/td] [td]Novak, Steve[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]6/13/84 [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Marquette[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 4[/td] [td]Scola, Luis[/td] [td]FC[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]4/30/80 [/td] [td]R[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 30[/td] [td]Williams, Justin[/td] [/tr][/table]
and winning by double digits the last 10 game makes this streak that much more amazing don't you think?
so SMH at you for being a hater, and not giving props when props are due.

3 teams over 500.

indifferent.gif
Yeah, by the looks of your avy, you sound like anothertypical niketalk Kobe/Laker fan. Seeing as how you think Houston's schedule was WEAK, if you gave the Lakers' Houston's schedule, theywould've only had a FOUR game winning streak since the start of Houston's streak seeing as how on the 5th game, they'd play Cle who has OWNED theLakers the past 5 games. Well, no problem, let's start another streak for them right after? Oh wait, the Lakers lost to Atlanta too this year. Okay,moving along to the NEXT game. Oh wait, they JUST got THEIR streak SNAPPED by Portland. Should i go on?
eyes.gif

So easy to spot the haters when they try to discredit a 19 game winning streak.
smh.gif

So easy to spot the haters when they try to discredit a 19 game winning streak
sorry that not everyone is so hyped up to the point that they think that the Rockets will get out of the first round. Yeah you guys have a 19game win streak, cool. It will go down as one of the greatest in NBA history, but come playoffs time, its always something else with the Rockets. BottomlineRockets = First round exit

Back
Top Bottom