Will Yao Ming be in the Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yes.

While his NBA accomplishments wouldn't warrant it, especially given the time he's missed, his international impact will get him in.

Agreed, but he is still one of the top ten Centers ever.
indifferent.gif

How old are you, 12?
Name ten centers better than yao.

nerd.gif

Yes.

While his NBA accomplishments wouldn't warrant it, especially given the time he's missed, his international impact will get him in.

indifferent.gif

How old are you, 12?
Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Kareem
Russell
Ewing
Admiral
Mikan
Moses Malone
Walton, or Willis Reed if Walton doesn't cut it for you
I personally would take Zo in his prime over Yao.

Dwight has already accomplished more than Yao in his career.

Shoulda thought about my statement more clearly. I'll shut up.

(Although I don't agree with Zo).

Yes.

indifferent.gif

How old are you, 12?
Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Kareem
Russell
Ewing
Admiral
Mikan
Moses Malone
Walton, or Willis Reed if Walton doesn't cut it for you
I personally would take Zo in his prime over Yao.

Dwight has already accomplished more than Yao in his career.

Shoulda thought about my statement more clearly. I'll shut up.

(Although I don't agree with Zo).

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

Originally Posted by NobleKane

bonafide125 wrote:

anygivensunday wrote:

Of course he's gonna make it to the hall of fame. Dude was the first asian baller in the NBA....

images

Wang Zhi zhi was there first

not to mention the fact that race shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with getting into the basketball hall of fame. Oh look, Eduardo Najara is the first mexican in the NBA! He definately deserves to be in the HOF!!! The %%+# outta here with that outrageous bull *%!%!

It's not only the fact that he's Asian why he is going into the Hall of Fame. For a short spell was the BEST center in the NBA. He was/is an international superstar.

Yes, race should play a factor. He was the first big-name Asian in the NBA and undoubtedly influenced countless numbers of Asians to pick up a basketball. If that's not Hall of Fame worthy, then I don't know what is.

If Sylvester Stallone is going into the Boxing Hall of Fame, Yao should be in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
laugh.gif

If yao makes it into the bhof then ginobili should enter right behind him or rather before him,  as a foreigner his basketball accomplishments are MUCH more impressive than yaos period. And seriously? there is no way to measure how many asians decided to ball after they saw yao get dunked on by everyone his rookie year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's not even really about accomplishments on the court, though
laugh.gif
Yes Manu has had a better career than Yao, because Yao has been plagued with injuries. Obviously there is no way to measure how many Asians decided to play ball after seeing Yao play, but any reasonable person would assume that Yao influenced young males in China to play ball. He is an icon in China. He's an icon because he got paid millions upon millions of dollars to play basketball in America. He no doubt influenced youth to play ball.

No, there is no way to say for sure, but I'm inclined to believe Yao had more of an affect on Chinese youth when he made it big in the NBA , than Manu did on Argentinian youth.

Yao Ming was the first player from Asia that mattered in the NBA. While Manu represents a country; Yao basically represents a whole continent. Yao Ming: the best/most important Asian player in NBA history . That, my friends, is hall of fame worthy.
Its a basketball hall of fame how is it not about accomplishments on the court? If not it would just be the "how many people did you get to start playing basketball hall of fame
"
roll.gif
roll.gif

bonafide125 wrote:

anygivensunday wrote:

Of course he's gonna make it to the hall of fame. Dude was the first asian baller in the NBA....

images

not to mention the fact that race shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with getting into the basketball hall of fame. Oh look, Eduardo Najara is the first mexican in the NBA! He definately deserves to be in the HOF!!! The %%+# outta here with that outrageous bull *%!%!

It's not only the fact that he's Asian why he is going into the Hall of Fame. For a short spell was the BEST center in the NBA. He was/is an international superstar.

Yes, race should play a factor. He was the first big-name Asian in the NBA and undoubtedly influenced countless numbers of Asians to pick up a basketball. If that's not Hall of Fame worthy, then I don't know what is.

If Sylvester Stallone is going into the Boxing Hall of Fame, Yao should be in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
laugh.gif

If yao makes it into the bhof then ginobili should enter right behind him or rather before him,  as a foreigner his basketball accomplishments are MUCH more impressive than yaos period. And seriously? there is no way to measure how many asians decided to ball after they saw yao get dunked on by everyone his rookie year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Yes Manu has had a better career than Yao, because Yao has been plagued with injuries. Obviously there is no way to measure how many Asians decided to play ball after seeing Yao play, but any reasonable person would assume that Yao influenced young males in China to play ball. He is an icon in China. He's an icon because he got paid millions upon millions of dollars to play basketball in America. He no doubt influenced youth to play ball.

No, there is no way to say for sure, but I'm inclined to believe Yao had more of an affect on Chinese youth when he made it big in the NBA , than Manu did on Argentinian youth.

Yao Ming was the first player from Asia that mattered in the NBA. While Manu represents a country; Yao basically represents a whole continent. Yao Ming: the best/most important Asian player in NBA history . That, my friends, is hall of fame worthy.
Its a basketball hall of fame how is it not about accomplishments on the court? If not it would just be the "how many people did you get to start playing basketball hall of fame
"
roll.gif
roll.gif

bonafide125 wrote:

anygivensunday wrote:

images

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Basketball hall of fame isn't just about your stats throughout your career. There are journalists, owners, and announcers in the basketball hall of fame. When i said he was the first baller, I meant he was the first asian player to be one of the best players in the league. Yao had an extreme global impact on the game, and when he was healthy, he was the 2nd best center in the league for about 4 seasons.

bonafide125 wrote:

anygivensunday wrote:

images

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Basketball hall of fame isn't just about your stats throughout your career. There are journalists, owners, and announcers in the basketball hall of fame. When i said he was the first baller, I meant he was the first asian player to be one of the best players in the league. Yao had an extreme global impact on the game, and when he was healthy, he was the 2nd best center in the league for about 4 seasons.

Zo>>>yao..

I'd also put divac, smits, mullin, dwight, dikembe, among others wayyy before yao.

Its not up to me though, so if you can get in on influence then he could get in, but then so should rafer alston and hot sauce
laugh.gif

Zo>>>yao..

I'd also put divac, smits, mullin, dwight, dikembe, among others wayyy before yao.

Its not up to me though, so if you can get in on influence then he could get in, but then so should rafer alston and hot sauce
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif

mullin?? what the !%$+?

and yes mourning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yao

but hey atleast nobody said yao ming was the jackie robinson of chinese people
laugh.gif
 where did i hear that before?
roll.gif

whatever happen to the big wang anyways? how many seasons did he last in the nba?

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif

mullin?? what the !%$+?

and yes mourning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yao

but hey atleast nobody said yao ming was the jackie robinson of chinese people
laugh.gif
 where did i hear that before?
roll.gif

whatever happen to the big wang anyways? how many seasons did he last in the nba?

You guys are serious?

His international impact? He didn't win @%++. He shouldn't even be on the ballot or be considered.

You guys are serious?

His international impact? He didn't win @%++. He shouldn't even be on the ballot or be considered.

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif
fix

This sounds soo ridiculous, but this is soooo TRUE! real talk

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif
fix

This sounds soo ridiculous, but this is soooo TRUE! real talk

Originally Posted by trevor25

Hall of fame of getting the most all star votes maybe
This is what it basically boils down too. Seeing how China has a billion people helps

Originally Posted by trevor25

Hall of fame of getting the most all star votes maybe
This is what it basically boils down too. Seeing how China has a billion people helps

Back
Top Bottom