Will Yao Ming be in the Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by you go boy

if he makes it then you might as well include penny and grant also

Grant Hill has to get in. What he's done with his career after all of his surgeries is simply amazing. 
i didn't follow his career at duke, but wouldn't he get voted in based on his college career?  do players who had great college careers get voted in?  i don't know much about the basketball of fame which is why i'm asking.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Of course he's gonna make it to the hall of fame. Dude was the first asian baller in the NBA....

images

Wang Zhi zhi was there first

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Of course he's gonna make it to the hall of fame. Dude was the first asian baller in the NBA....

images

Wang Zhi zhi was there first

Originally Posted by shogun

Grant Hill has to get in. What he's done with his career after all of his surgeries is simply amazing. 
i didn't follow his career at duke, but wouldn't he get voted in based on his college career?  do players who had great college careers get voted in?  i don't know much about the basketball of fame which is why i'm asking.
bill walton got in based more-so on his college career than his injury prone professional career

Originally Posted by shogun

bill walton got in based more-so on his college career than his injury prone professional career

Originally Posted by RawSheed

k what's more prestigious?

BHOF or NBAHOF?

or are they even 2 different distinct entities?
For the 63,723rd time, there is NO NBA HALL OF FAME. It's the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. It recognizes important contributors and performers at all levels of basketball, from high school to pros, as well as journalists, execs, GMs, etc. It's a sports hall of fame, not a league hall of fame. I agree there should be an NBA Hall, but it doesn't exist, so we're stuck with what we have. Oh, and there's a panel of international voters that strictly considers international players and coaches.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

k what's more prestigious?

BHOF or NBAHOF?

or are they even 2 different distinct entities?
For the 63,723rd time, there is NO NBA HALL OF FAME. It's the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. It recognizes important contributors and performers at all levels of basketball, from high school to pros, as well as journalists, execs, GMs, etc. It's a sports hall of fame, not a league hall of fame. I agree there should be an NBA Hall, but it doesn't exist, so we're stuck with what we have. Oh, and there's a panel of international voters that strictly considers international players and coaches.

As an ambassador to Chinese basketball and his stint in the NBA, I'm saying he's in.

As an ambassador to Chinese basketball and his stint in the NBA, I'm saying he's in.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Big J 33 wrote:

Yes.

While his NBA accomplishments wouldn't warrant it, especially given the time he's missed, his international impact will get him in.

Agreed, but he is still one of the top ten Centers ever.

notsureifserious.png

And I don't see how you can compare Yao to Drazen. Drazen won the World Championships + a silver medal in the Olympics. What did Yao do with China?

Big J 33 wrote:

Yes.

While his NBA accomplishments wouldn't warrant it, especially given the time he's missed, his international impact will get him in.

notsureifserious.png

And I don't see how you can compare Yao to Drazen. Drazen won the World Championships + a silver medal in the Olympics. What did Yao do with China?

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yes.

indifferent.gif

How old are you, 12?
Name ten centers better than yao.
Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Kareem
Russell
Ewing
Admiral
Mikan
Moses Malone
Walton, or Willis Reed if Walton doesn't cut it for you
I personally would take Zo in his prime over Yao.

Dwight has already accomplished more than Yao in his career.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yes.

indifferent.gif

How old are you, 12?
Name ten centers better than yao.
Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Kareem
Russell
Ewing
Admiral
Mikan
Moses Malone
Walton, or Willis Reed if Walton doesn't cut it for you
I personally would take Zo in his prime over Yao.

Dwight has already accomplished more than Yao in his career.

Back
Top Bottom