Window Tint in California

I know there are a lot of NTers in California. I am moving to Los Feliz because of a great job offer and I am shipping my car. It has relatively dark tint, not sure what the % is. How often would I get pulled over or does it fly under the radar.
I also wanted to know what to expect as far as a commute between Industry CA and Los Feliz area.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks alot NT!

I got a ticket for a 50% tint on my front windows,
30t6p3b.gif
but it was in a college town with a bunch of **** cops. You should be fine, I know lots of people with dark tints on the front windows and they never get pulled over.

Your window tint should be the least of your worries. The drive from industry to los feliz is a pain the *** because of LA traffic.

Tint aint a problem unless you are hispanic or black. Then tint or no tint you are getting pulled over.

I ran 30% on every window on my previous car and never got pulled over. I was more worried about my illegal exhaust setup than i was the tint.

oh ok, i usually just ride around with the windows down whenever I see a police office, but im thinking of just removing the front ones altogether.

What can I expect as far as traffic, it will be an 8-5 or 9-6 i believe...

I think the most you can do is 35% which is what I have on mine, anything higher and your are %!%+!$.

i have 50 for both of my front windows. used to have 35 on my old car. never any problems.

I have limo tint not really a problem.

But why the commute from industry to los feliz?

I know someone that has a little over the legal limit and he got pulled over twice when he had new plates on the car, but not since then...

Welcome to Cali though
pimp.gif

i like the los feliz area, Industy is where the company is....

Another thing, how long can I get away with a GA license plate with up to date registration?

either driving west or east in los angeles is pain if you dont know the shortcuts but youll learn in time.

you got 20 days from entering the state or residency to register your car in a cali dmv.

google my brotha google

welcome to Cali

it also depends on the kind of car you drive. if its a car that "thugs" drive they'll pull u over but if its a old *** carolla dont worry.

welcome to los angeles.

i had to take my front tints off twice, at least its just a fix it ticket but it does give them an excuse to stop you

i moved from tx to cali 3 years ago. I keep my registration current with texas which is only $60. I inquired about my registry with california and they wanted 4 times that.I got pulled over once and just told them I was in town visiting friends. :tongue:

you are allowed to tint the windows behind the driver as dark as you want.. but you cant do anything from the driver and up... but i got 5% all around.. ive been pulled over twice. not a big deal.. they'll pull you over if they want to.. really it depends on the car. if you got some buick regal with some 28's .. then yeah.. they'll get you

^ Did you mean 50%?

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I plan on getting my windows tinted and want as dark as I can go.

Well heading east to work in the morning is a breeze, but los feliz is a random spot especially considering youll be working in industry.

Sidenote always hated the city name industry, surrounding cities rowland la puente wesco hacienda.

Visit puente hills mall where back to the future was filmed
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Unless you are part of law enforcement, you wont get by with anything lower than 50%.

Ask me how I know

dark as you want on the back, 35% in the front... just follow the rules... its not even worth being pulled over and being lectured by cops... you'll just be late to where you are going.

im thinking about removing the front tint period, i believe the tint in the back is 15%.. after they get removed I imagine the car will look 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

BTW i drive a 2010 bmw if that matters... i know my car is going to get beat up out there but i will purchase a daily commute car after a few checks

I live in NorCal and two of my friends got ticketed for having tints in the front. They weren't even that dark too, but they were ordered to take them off. Probably because at the time they looked a bit young so the cops just wanna bully.

What I'd do is keep the tints. If you get pulled over worse thing they'll do is give a fix it ticket. I'm sure cops down there are somewhat understanding
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom