Wiz and J Cole: The new Snoop and Nas?? Vol Drake=Jay?

Posts like this make me question if I should hate NT, or just music listeners in general these days.

!%%$ is disgusting

Posts like this make me question if I should hate NT, or just music listeners in general these days.

!%%$ is disgusting

Drake's going to have a good mainstream career & he's gonna take advantage of his fame right now. Same with Wiz, but not to the same extent. I see J. Cole having the longest & most effective career out of all 3. With fans jumping from what's hot to something else real quick, J. Cole seems to be the only 1 who's gonna be able to stick out a career through all that.

Drake's going to have a good mainstream career & he's gonna take advantage of his fame right now. Same with Wiz, but not to the same extent. I see J. Cole having the longest & most effective career out of all 3. With fans jumping from what's hot to something else real quick, J. Cole seems to be the only 1 who's gonna be able to stick out a career through all that.

Originally Posted by VCXV

Some of yall are either too stubborn or just don't find entertainment in these types of comparison threads. Why?! it's what a forum or message board is for-to create these types of controversial posts. There's no doubt in my mind Cole, Drake, and Wiz all have the charisma and talent to become mainstays in the music entertainment business for a long time. Sure, it's likely none of them will mirror the careers of Jay, Nas, and Snoop exactly-because hip hop in general is changing-however, it's not far fetched to compare and contrast the types of careers, lifestyles, and cultural backgrounds of their lyrics and music they write about.

It's similar to comparing Kobe to MJ-nobody in their right mind would have considered this even a viable comparison after Bryants first year, as dominant as he was in HS n all and the potential was all there, it just seemed tooo too farfetched to compare a rookie to ever reach the level of an all time great, thus doubters would bash those who even dared to make the comparison.

And likewise, people were high on Greg Oden and paired him with the likes of the Dream, Robinson, and Ewing before he even played a NBA game and we now all see that's not going to pan out as most expected.

So to say these comparisons are stupid or the ones making the comparisons should be banned is just not fair. Just because you have an emotional attachment and respect that these accomplished artists have worked hard to earn from you over years of success doesn't mean there won't be up and coming young guns in the same position the vets were once in ready to take the throne. Do you think when Jay-Z first came out, people would have crowned him the King of hip hop 15 years down the line or even foresee it? No, but there were probably those optimists that were giving Jay the benefit of the doubt and making comparisons to legends and there were the doubters that bashed those comparisons just like now.

Its pointless to argue with some people on here. A lot of closed minded folks.

Some of yall are either too stubborn or just don't find entertainment in these types of comparison threads. Why?! it's what a forum or message board is for-to create these types of controversial posts. There's no doubt in my mind Cole, Drake, and Wiz all have the charisma and talent to become mainstays in the music entertainment business for a long time. Sure, it's likely none of them will mirror the careers of Jay, Nas, and Snoop exactly-because hip hop in general is changing-however, it's not far fetched to compare and contrast the types of careers, lifestyles, and cultural backgrounds of their lyrics and music they write about.

It's similar to comparing Kobe to MJ-nobody in their right mind would have considered this even a viable comparison after Bryants first year, as dominant as he was in HS n all and the potential was all there, it just seemed tooo too farfetched to compare a rookie to ever reach the level of an all time great, thus doubters would bash those who even dared to make the comparison.

And likewise, people were high on Greg Oden and paired him with the likes of the Dream, Robinson, and Ewing before he even played a NBA game and we now all see that's not going to pan out as most expected.

So to say these comparisons are stupid or the ones making the comparisons should be banned is just not fair. Just because you have an emotional attachment and respect that these accomplished artists have worked hard to earn from you over years of success doesn't mean there won't be up and coming young guns in the same position the vets were once in ready to take the throne. Do you think when Jay-Z first came out, people would have crowned him the King of hip hop 15 years down the line or even foresee it? No, but there were probably those optimists that were giving Jay the benefit of the doubt and making comparisons to legends and there were the doubters that bashed those comparisons just like now.

Its pointless to argue with some people on here. A lot of closed minded folks.

Agreed!

Music changes guys; Biggie can't be here forever, time changes..  Yeah we can stick to hip hop roots, but new guys come and go, and we just gotta stick with who stands out..  Sure theres never gonna be another Jay or Nas, but we had to embrace them to make them who they became.  If we didn't wanna let up on Ray Charles, there'd be no Stevie Wonder, no Prince, no MJ, etc...  Its 2010 not 1994 (word to Off That)

Agreed!

Music changes guys; Biggie can't be here forever, time changes..  Yeah we can stick to hip hop roots, but new guys come and go, and we just gotta stick with who stands out..  Sure theres never gonna be another Jay or Nas, but we had to embrace them to make them who they became.  If we didn't wanna let up on Ray Charles, there'd be no Stevie Wonder, no Prince, no MJ, etc...  Its 2010 not 1994 (word to Off That)

">http://i52.tinypic.com/156wfu9.gif[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Chonky Monk

Originally Posted by Xavier

jcole = jay z
drake = i dunno only one drake
wiz = i dunno only one wiz

both drake and wiz have good voices so its hard to compare them to someone that just raps
jcole vocals aint bad either but he dont be on no r&b tip. trying to sing whole songs

these comparisons are a bit of a reach though, i see what u was trying to do though,
Did dis dude just say dis??
roll.gif
roll.gif
so drake and wiz cant sing? i wasnt aware of this? how is this far fetch? please elaborate on why u disagree/

i mean they both may not have the best voices in the game, but they do a whole lot more than the people they are being compared too. which is why its pretty hard to compare them.

Originally Posted by Chonky Monk

Originally Posted by Xavier

jcole = jay z
drake = i dunno only one drake
wiz = i dunno only one wiz

both drake and wiz have good voices so its hard to compare them to someone that just raps
jcole vocals aint bad either but he dont be on no r&b tip. trying to sing whole songs

these comparisons are a bit of a reach though, i see what u was trying to do though,
Did dis dude just say dis??
roll.gif
roll.gif
so drake and wiz cant sing? i wasnt aware of this? how is this far fetch? please elaborate on why u disagree/

i mean they both may not have the best voices in the game, but they do a whole lot more than the people they are being compared too. which is why its pretty hard to compare them.

The thing I was thinking about Cole, he's going to be the Eminem of this decade in the sense that he's going to be that rapper that everyone's afraid to feature on their album.

Coles verse on Beautiful Bliss was the best verse on the ALBUM.
Looking for Trouble? Still the best verse of the year hands down IMO.

You think its a coincidence Cole dropped the sickest verse of the year on a G.O.O.D. Friday song the day after Wayne was released from jail?

The thing I was thinking about Cole, he's going to be the Eminem of this decade in the sense that he's going to be that rapper that everyone's afraid to feature on their album.

Coles verse on Beautiful Bliss was the best verse on the ALBUM.
Looking for Trouble? Still the best verse of the year hands down IMO.

You think its a coincidence Cole dropped the sickest verse of the year on a G.O.O.D. Friday song the day after Wayne was released from jail?

Back
Top Bottom