Wiz and J Cole: The new Snoop and Nas?? Vol Drake=Jay?

Originally Posted by RoOk

I'm as big of an JCole stan as there is but to compare him to Nas or even Jay? C'mon son. Stop posting

Maybe it's because i'm 23... and both Nas' and Jay's early albums were before my time, but I would rank Coles Warm Up and Friday Night lights above Illmatic, It was Written and Reasonable Doubt and Vol 1

I only can replay about half of Illmatic, and the album was only 10 tracks. It Was Written I feel the same way. And Nas as of Lately has ZERO replay value.

I LOVE Reasonable Doubt but Vol 1 is SUPER weak to me.

Originally Posted by RoOk

I'm as big of an JCole stan as there is but to compare him to Nas or even Jay? C'mon son. Stop posting

Maybe it's because i'm 23... and both Nas' and Jay's early albums were before my time, but I would rank Coles Warm Up and Friday Night lights above Illmatic, It was Written and Reasonable Doubt and Vol 1

I only can replay about half of Illmatic, and the album was only 10 tracks. It Was Written I feel the same way. And Nas as of Lately has ZERO replay value.

I LOVE Reasonable Doubt but Vol 1 is SUPER weak to me.

HipHopDoc09 wrote:
Thers is not one single similarity between Drake and Jay-Z...like whatsoever so I never understood that comparison.

What the op is saying (I think) is POPULARITY wise. Drake will be the mainstream fave, J Cole the fave amongst Hip Hop purist etc & Wiz the weed head ie Snoop.

HipHopDoc09 wrote:
Thers is not one single similarity between Drake and Jay-Z...like whatsoever so I never understood that comparison.

What the op is saying (I think) is POPULARITY wise. Drake will be the mainstream fave, J Cole the fave amongst Hip Hop purist etc & Wiz the weed head ie Snoop.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

HipHopDoc09 wrote:

That's how I saw it. He wasn't comparing their abilities/talent. He was talking about success. Obviously Drake and Jay aren't the same type of artist, but the role they will play as their careers advance could be the same. Now do I think that'll happen, who knows....

And Cragmatic, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, Illmatic/It Was Written/Reasonable Doubt are FILLED with classic songs/classic verses. None of Cole's mixtapes contain anything of the sort. At all. Illmatic/It Was/Written/RD are complete works of art.....Cole's mixtapes, are just rough sketches...random thrown together songs with no consistent vibe at all, just bars being spit. They are entertaining and worth listening too but in no way can they be compared to a finished product with its own identity.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

HipHopDoc09 wrote:

That's how I saw it. He wasn't comparing their abilities/talent. He was talking about success. Obviously Drake and Jay aren't the same type of artist, but the role they will play as their careers advance could be the same. Now do I think that'll happen, who knows....

And Cragmatic, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, Illmatic/It Was Written/Reasonable Doubt are FILLED with classic songs/classic verses. None of Cole's mixtapes contain anything of the sort. At all. Illmatic/It Was/Written/RD are complete works of art.....Cole's mixtapes, are just rough sketches...random thrown together songs with no consistent vibe at all, just bars being spit. They are entertaining and worth listening too but in no way can they be compared to a finished product with its own identity.

Drake = Big Daddy Kane

laugh.gif

Maybe we should stop trying to fit every single new rapper with a 1990s counterpart, no matter how you spin, it's a reach and overall just incorrect, the whole point of that type of comparisan is to help better understand or explain something. This does neither
eyes.gif

Internet music fans / bloggers just can't help themselves with this bull@#$%

Maybe we should stop trying to fit every single new rapper with a 1990s counterpart, no matter how you spin, it's a reach and overall just incorrect, the whole point of that type of comparisan is to help better understand or explain something. This does neither
eyes.gif

Internet music fans / bloggers just can't help themselves with this bull@#$%

Any comparison between Drake and Jay-Z is a reach.  Comparing Wiz and Snoop just because of their similar love for weed= reach.  If Wiz wasn't a pothead, comparisons to Snoop wouldn't even exist.  It's too early to be comparing Cole to anybody.

Any comparison between Drake and Jay-Z is a reach.  Comparing Wiz and Snoop just because of their similar love for weed= reach.  If Wiz wasn't a pothead, comparisons to Snoop wouldn't even exist.  It's too early to be comparing Cole to anybody.

Alright, after actually thinking it over....yeah it is a reach. I was just thinking about the role they would play, not necessarily the end result.

Alright, after actually thinking it over....yeah it is a reach. I was just thinking about the role they would play, not necessarily the end result.

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

JCole's debut will be better than illmatic

you know that gif with the hamster that swings his head around? 
i literally swung my head to the side when i saw this. then i saw your from Arizona. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

JCole's debut will be better than illmatic

you know that gif with the hamster that swings his head around? 
i literally swung my head to the side when i saw this. then i saw your from Arizona. 
ohwell.gif

Comparison is that far of a reach as it was stated by Drake himself in his XXL interview.
Said he compares Cole to Nas, being a lyrical juggernaut, and insinuated that he himself is the next Hov.
Not in lyrical prowess, but as far as mainstream popularity goes (at least that's what I hope).

Wiz being a tall lanky pothead & basically having the same subject matter as Snoop, y can't yall see that comparison?

Comparison is that far of a reach as it was stated by Drake himself in his XXL interview.
Said he compares Cole to Nas, being a lyrical juggernaut, and insinuated that he himself is the next Hov.
Not in lyrical prowess, but as far as mainstream popularity goes (at least that's what I hope).

Wiz being a tall lanky pothead & basically having the same subject matter as Snoop, y can't yall see that comparison?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I would rank Coles Warm Up and Friday Night lights above Illmatic, It was Written and Reasonable Doubt and Vol 1

Cragmatic wrote:
I would rank Coles Warm Up and Friday Night lights above Illmatic, It was Written and Reasonable Doubt and Vol 1

Cragmatic wrote:

2dtdmdu.gif

Back
Top Bottom