Wiz Respectfully Declines to Join Drake's Tour

if Drake is familiar enough with Wiz to try to get him on his tour, wouldn't he know that he has his own tour lined up?

oh and KRIT > Wiz

if Drake is familiar enough with Wiz to try to get him on his tour, wouldn't he know that he has his own tour lined up?

oh and KRIT > Wiz

Analogy Time:

Wiz Joining Drake's Tour = LeBron going to Miami

Wiz Declines, Opens His Own Tour = Staying in Cleveland

Survey Says = Smart Move Declining Drake.

Respect Wise = Excellent, his fans want to see Wiz and Wiz only.
Money Wise = Excellent since Wiz sells out shows off his own name regardless.
Brand Wise = Standing on his own two feet always benefits the main artist. 

Analogy Time:

Wiz Basically didn't want to take the easy way out, You can't blame him for that.

Wiz Basically didn't want to take the easy way out, You can't blame him for that.

How is it the easy way out? And how is it like Lebron left Cleveland? Ya'll are wildin'. Nobody knows who Wiz is right now. So I fail to see how doing his own tour changes that.

How is it the easy way out? And how is it like Lebron left Cleveland? Ya'll are wildin'. Nobody knows who Wiz is right now. So I fail to see how doing his own tour changes that.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Analogy Time:

i like the way you think champ

pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif
at this rocyaice guy thinking that nobody knows who wiz is when he clearly sells out shows. @$#* a mainstream

laugh.gif

Analogy Time:

pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif
at this rocyaice guy thinking that nobody knows who wiz is when he clearly sells out shows. @$#* a mainstream

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rocyaice

You cant have a Number 1 Trending Topic if nobody knows you. He's not Drake status of course but hes doing good for yourself. Trust a lot of his fans would have been mad if they saw him perform 15 songs for $20-25 then they see him perform 3 songs for $60 on a Drake tour

You cant have a Number 1 Trending Topic if nobody knows you. He's not Drake status of course but hes doing good for yourself. Trust a lot of his fans would have been mad if they saw him perform 15 songs for $20-25 then they see him perform 3 songs for $60 on a Drake tour

Yeah ok plenty of people know Wiz. His shows sell out Trending Topic on Twitter for about three days. Plenty of HYPEBEASTS know Wiz.

Yeah ok plenty of people know Wiz. His shows sell out Trending Topic on Twitter for about three days. Plenty of HYPEBEASTS know Wiz.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Analogy Time:

pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Afroman sells out shows. What does that prove? And if Wiz thinks like you then fine. I thought he was a artist sort of in the vein of J. Cole, Wale, etc. Trying to get as much exposure as possible. If he's like in the vein of dudes like Joe Budden? Then this is a good move for him.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Understandable but he could always hop on his own tour once Drake's was over.  You guys are in here talking like once he did the Drake tour it was the end for him. There was no coming back.
laugh.gif
Comparing it to Lebron leaving the Cavs and *+!.
laugh.gif
Maybe I shouldn't say no one knows him because clearly NT and hypebeasts know him. I was speaking on a more broader scale.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Well Hypebeasts spend their money on japanese denim and shoes. Them dudes ain't buyin' a Wiz album. You're telling me if Wiz dropped he'd sell more than 30k his 1st week? That's why I think a tour with a more mainstream artist would be a good look for him. It gives him exposure to a more loyal fanbase that will purchase albums.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Analogy Time:

pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Afroman sells out shows. What does that prove? And if Wiz thinks like you then fine. I thought he was a artist sort of in the vein of J. Cole, Wale, etc. Trying to get as much exposure as possible. If he's like in the vein of dudes like Joe Budden? Then this is a good move for him.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Understandable but he could always hop on his own tour once Drake's was over.  You guys are in here talking like once he did the Drake tour it was the end for him. There was no coming back.
laugh.gif
Comparing it to Lebron leaving the Cavs and *+!.
laugh.gif
Maybe I shouldn't say no one knows him because clearly NT and hypebeasts know him. I was speaking on a more broader scale.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Well Hypebeasts spend their money on japanese denim and shoes. Them dudes ain't buyin' a Wiz album. You're telling me if Wiz dropped he'd sell more than 30k his 1st week? That's why I think a tour with a more mainstream artist would be a good look for him. It gives him exposure to a more loyal fanbase that will purchase albums.

Just stop bro... No one knows Wiz
laugh.gif
. Laughable. Even the heavy mainstream bumping suburban white kid knows Wiz get that $@!% out of here.
tired.gif
It's not just NT and hypebeast. And he has A LOT more fans then Wale and J. Cole. It's not even close. It's not Drake buzz when he was dropping mixtapes but $@!% like that doesn't happen a lot. Wiz is doing just fine and him canceling his own tour is just idiotic, he'll lose all his fans and that's a STRONG fanbase. Look at Gucci. Dude did Spotlight and alienated A LOT of his fans. What the hell is he doing now? Gucci doesn't even have the buzz he did when he was making mixtapes. He's not saying %++! Drake or saying he'll never tour with Drake, it's just bad timing.

laugh.gif
. Laughable. Even the heavy mainstream bumping suburban white kid knows Wiz get that $@!% out of here.
tired.gif
It's not just NT and hypebeast. And he has A LOT more fans then Wale and J. Cole. It's not even close. It's not Drake buzz when he was dropping mixtapes but $@!% like that doesn't happen a lot. Wiz is doing just fine and him canceling his own tour is just idiotic, he'll lose all his fans and that's a STRONG fanbase. Look at Gucci. Dude did Spotlight and alienated A LOT of his fans. What the hell is he doing now? Gucci doesn't even have the buzz he did when he was making mixtapes. He's not saying %++! Drake or saying he'll never tour with Drake, it's just bad timing.

Nobody knows who Wiz is, but Rawse wants to put him under his deodorant and Drake wants him to tour w/ him
eyes.gif

Fam will be just fine doing what he's doing. Later on in his career, they can headline together, although I dont see that happening.

Nobody knows who Wiz is, but Rawse wants to put him under his deodorant and Drake wants him to tour w/ him
eyes.gif

Fam will be just fine doing what he's doing. Later on in his career, they can headline together, although I dont see that happening.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

laugh.gif
tired.gif
Wiz' fanbase doesn't buy albums though:
Pittsburgh's Wiz Khalifa, a DXnext alum, made it to the Soundscan charts for the first time in his career. Deal Or No Deal, released on iHipHop/Rostrum Records, scanned just under 6,000 units. The project features former Young Money star Curren$y, and marks Wiz's first nationally-distributed album.
This was November 09. A lot has changed since then except his fanbase who download albums instead of supporting then %$%%! and moan when the album bricks.
and
laugh.gif
at this rocyaice guy thinking that nobody knows who wiz is when he clearly sells out shows.
Lil B and Chip Da Ripper sells out shows, what's your point? I like Wiz don't get me wrong, but the largest venue he's ever played probably held a few thousand at most.

Most of you aren't making sense by saying he's damaging his brand. The Clipse are touring with Drake as well and their fanbase is as fickle if not more than Wiz. If you really want to build a brand, you do that tour and expand your fanbase (women who buy records). The least he can do is remove Rostrum Records from the tour billing and put Atlantic now that he's "officially" signed. At the end of the day, I can't be mad at him because that's his decision and he's content with it but I just hope that this doesn't blow up in his face a few years from now.

laugh.gif
tired.gif
Pittsburgh's Wiz Khalifa, a DXnext alum, made it to the Soundscan charts for the first time in his career. Deal Or No Deal, released on iHipHop/Rostrum Records, scanned just under 6,000 units. The project features former Young Money star Curren$y, and marks Wiz's first nationally-distributed album.
This was November 09. A lot has changed since then except his fanbase who download albums instead of supporting then %$%%! and moan when the album bricks.
and
laugh.gif
at this rocyaice guy thinking that nobody knows who wiz is when he clearly sells out shows.
Lil B and Chip Da Ripper sells out shows, what's your point? I like Wiz don't get me wrong, but the largest venue he's ever played probably held a few thousand at most.

Most of you aren't making sense by saying he's damaging his brand. The Clipse are touring with Drake as well and their fanbase is as fickle if not more than Wiz. If you really want to build a brand, you do that tour and expand your fanbase (women who buy records). The least he can do is remove Rostrum Records from the tour billing and put Atlantic now that he's "officially" signed. At the end of the day, I can't be mad at him because that's his decision and he's content with it but I just hope that this doesn't blow up in his face a few years from now.

laugh.gif
tired.gif

Gucci lost his buzz because he got locked up.
laugh.gif
Didn't have !$! to do with Spotlight. He probably gained more fans doing that record. Gucci had buzz due to FREE mixtapes. So what do you think those same people did when it came time for his album to drop? Those same fans downloaded his album just like they downloaded those free mixtapes.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

laugh.gif
tired.gif
and
laugh.gif

Glad someone else isn't delusional. Dudes comparing it to Lebron leaving Cleveland.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom