WNBA... Does anybody actually care/watch

CP3
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll watch anybody play basketball if they can whoop my %+% one-on-one, college, HS, NBA, anybody

given, NBA is a better product, but if you really are a true fan of the game, you can find things to appreciate and admire with the WNBA

So I'm flipping around the channels, and the opening game for the new Atlanta Dream WNBA franchise is on. I'm fairly sure I rather watch a documentaryabout the history of [insert anything that is extremely boring and unwatchable]. Does anyone want to defend these chicks, or can we agree that the WNBAlacks... everything interesting. Btw, lets try not to turn this into a Candace Parker appreciation post. We get it... she's hot.

In less than 15 of my own words:
Roscoe P Wallace:
I'll watch anybody play basketball if they can whoop my %+% one-on-one, college, HS, NBA, anybody
Thank you.
smokin.gif
That's what's up.
Roscoe P Wallace:
NBA is a better product, but if you really are a true fan of the game, you can find things to appreciate and admire with the WNBA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TheKingOfVa:
Some games are good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BwooDFolkGD74:
i watch, they be going in...i dont care what most you say either.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HTTB:
If you give it a shot, it's actually pretty good sometimes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

got free tix to a Sacramento Monarchs game

maybe stayed for about 10 game minutes

After I heard Candace Parker's stat line in her debut game I was like
eek.gif

I meant to watch some Taursi games when she joined the L but it never materialized

One thing I think would help is if they made the uniforms more appealing nothing too lurid but a cuter outfit might help distinguish the game from the NBA

They need to market Candace more. Put her games on national t.v. Monday nights, Sunday afternoons, saturday mornings. ANYTHING

^ She'll be on again next Saturday.
smile.gif

Tomorrow we get the S.A. Silver Stars (1-1) vs. the Seattle Storm (3-0). The point guard matchup will the most interesting (and attractive), with theStorm's Sue Bird matched up against the Stars Becky Hammon.

Mmmmm mmmm. I love me some Becky Hammon.

I went to a Stars/Storm game last summer and had some great seats...too bad she was injured.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i would watch if they wore tight outfits or short skirts...

French Open thread is coming soon...
Seriously, I have no problem with the WNBA, it's just one of those things where they still haven't had thattranscendent player.

I mean, remember when NBA Finals games were on tape delay? Then Magic and Larry came along and had the nation memorized. Then Michael made it a globalcommodity.

I guess I'm just waiting for that one person that will pull me into the game. I remember I had 0 interest in tennis, but once I saw Federer play in the'03 Wimbledon semi-final I was hooked.

^ Did you watch Candace Parker in her WNBA debut last Saturday? Off hand, I don't remember seeing you post in the game thread, but she freaking destroyed.
laugh.gif
34 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists, and some blocks and steals; damn near had a triple double, in her first game.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Like I said, she plays again on nat'l t.v. next Saturday. You should check it out, man.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom