Women 30+ living with roommates/parents

I have a boy like that too that just lives at his Dad and Stepmom's mansion but he's only 28, he's got his own wing in the mansion and everything. His dad paid for his truck and pays for the insurance on it and his cell phone bill so all he has to pay for are his personal expenses like food/alcohol/entertainment/travel. His dad made his money back in the earlier days of the internet speculating on internet domains that he sold and some he still has and leases to online businesses and gave him one so he gets like $80k a year of residual income which he's been living off of since he was 18. He's his Dad's only son and the stepmom doesn't have any kids either and she comes from oil wealth on her side so he's pretty much set for life
Buddy got it super sweet

Is it me or do women normalize living with their parents/roommates after the age of 30?
Men are looked at as not having their lives together if they choose to have a roommate or live at home with their parents after a certain age but women will tell you that they do and not bat a lash and find nothing wrong with it.

Even in my own experience I've encountered women that live at home with their parents and they're 35+ with kids and don't see anything wrong with it or mention wanting to get their own place. I get it can be expensive but how is this ok for women but not men?
It’s not ok
That’s why they’re still jump off with no dude

Man got me jelly.

I'd live with my grandparents if you gave me my own wing in a mansion.

One of my friends moved into his Grandparents apartment in Santa Monica right after he got his M.S degree in Mechanical engineering, no way is he going to pay that Santa Monica expensive rent he said since his grandparents are cool. His grandparents have a 3 bed apartment and his sister moved in to take the 3rd room and she's a nurse while he's an engineer working for a Defense Contractor stacking their paper living in Santa Monica a block away from the Ocean rent free

:lol: The inheritance thing is actually a running joke amongst the rest of the crew, and it’s probably spot on. Hell, he has already inherited his dad’s old cars over the years—most recently they gave him an A6.

His parents are super cool too, so there’s that. Their place is always the crash spot after the bar when we’re in town every few years, and his parents welcome us. Still though...just seems weird. Like he had a serious girlfriend for a number of years and they ended up breaking it off over him not wanting to move in with her. This is a grown man in his 30’s in a serious relationship with a cool *** woman who already has a home and a steady job, who accepts your job as a bartender/part-time DJ and was willing to build you a studio/music room in her house and you still won’t leave mommy and daddy’s? Enh.....

For the record, I love my guy. Still is weird doe.
homie is wilding for not taking that good life with her

I’m old school so I always prided myself in my independence as a man, I feel women should be just as independent if they are single, if in a long term relationship my old school mindset always taught me to take the financial lead even if she’s making good bread, that’s how we handle things in my marriage and we are doing great, now a younger me would judge but I’ve come to realize things aren’t as simple and everyone’s situation is different, so you can’t paint it with such a broad brush like “yo you 30+ you need to be on your own” because I know of people that take a hit and move back home to save in order to afford a home, there are failed relationships that force either party to move out and not be able to afford their own place specially in the expensive cities, there are dudes who get screwed over with child support and now can’t afford to live alone, just too many factors that play into it regardless of Gender...as long as you not a lazy POS leech and help out with the bills and are working towards that independence then do you.

I am on both sides on this one.

If I could have the same job and live at home (help out, pay something) id be ballin and would recommend it. Moms is cool peoples.
But I love having my own S!!!

That said, this economy, life events, etc. could have yo A!! humble real quick.

like my man said, not everything is so black and white.

i don't see anything wrong with it. Like what others have said here, circumstances do dictate some people's futures, and any kind of support/help from families are worth it. It ain't what it used to be when people have the financial ability to attain whatever they want and expect things to be peachy like in the 50s-60s or whatnot.

I feel for some of my HS friends that made promises to themselves that they'll make a killing after college but eventually reverting back to their homes. Some didn't even finish school and they have no choice but to live with their parents.

I'm an FOB and I'm used to living with family members in one house as long as the adults pitch-in and eventually move out when they can.

I have a boy like that too that just lives at his Dad and Stepmom's mansion but he's only 28, he's got his own wing in the mansion and everything. His dad paid for his truck and pays for the insurance on it and his cell phone bill so all he has to pay for are his personal expenses like food/alcohol/entertainment/travel. His dad made his money back in the earlier days of the internet speculating on internet domains that he sold and some he still has and leases to online businesses and gave him one so he gets like $80k a year of residual income which he's been living off of since he was 18. He's his Dad's only son and the stepmom doesn't have any kids either and she comes from oil wealth on her side so he's pretty much set for life
6535026E-4AED-46C5-ABE5-08D2AC0EE133.gif

You in somebody else pockets huh...know how much dude gets a year and everything. You really think like a groupie.

Last edited:
And they will spend the night so much and slowlyls try to take over. Leaving little markings of their territory.

This is facts, they try to be soo slick wit the living space takeover :lol:

But in general anything involving parents n support from family, men have less years to rely on that until ppl start looking at you crazy...Chicks be 37 with a full time job still getting real bday/xmas presents n money slid to em from their fam :lol:

I will say that those people that choose to stay at home with parents or roommates are much smarter than these dummies that try to live on their own when they shouldn't be. People out here living in run down apartment buildings where roaches, ants & rats gang bang over turf and have the nerve to think they they ish because they moved out of their parents crib.
Its not always that simple..sometimes staying at home with your parents is just not an option due to bad rel;relationships or alotta drama/bs at the house...for many ppl living by themselves in a run down apartment or bad area is the better option ..then you factor in work commutes, lifestyles etc. I can see how one might take the getting their own place route

Like I know this dude I worked with that lives right in the middle of the hood, but got his own place...he still has a room at his ppls crib in a better area and could stay there but its like 8 other ppl living there as well and straight chaos every single day :lol: :smh:

as is often the case in matters involving humans, pretty much everybody has something of a point:

-having access to and control over a personal living space can provide a range of tangible benefits.

-at least in this culture, the ideal is for people to have their own space and resources by, say, a decade after HS.

-there is FAR more pressure on men than women to attain this, as self-sufficiency is considered the hallmark of our kind (including by me).

-unfortunately, it has never been more difficult to achieve or maintain a sustainable standard of living based on income levels/job availability/wage stagnation.

-one's parents can require care and assistance as they age, and so an adult son/daughter at home is sometimes beneficial for all parties.

-if you can fit your entire life into a rental property or one wing of a mini-mansion, why not? that's certainly what the riches do.

-you do kinda look like a dum-dum moving out of a perfectly good nest into a ****hole just to say you did.

-"If a woman don't understand your situation, she's not for you fam."

I believe that none of these things are false, and should be factored into any evaluation of the dynamic.

SF is expensive af so I understand. Grew up around privileged kids due to attending private school and it’s crazy to think that a bunch still live at home while having a good job years after college.

im 29...live at home stilll...bought a new crib with my moms actually..renovating it OD...i couldn't care less what a broke thotty thinks...I make more money than them and I'm saving more...people are too caught up in appearances...look if u have to live dolo...of course..do ur thing, but theres absolutely no shame in staying home and stacking (or not if u dont want to)...life if what u make it...can't get caught up in what people "deem as right"...there is no right way to live..whatever works for you

I have a friend whose parents gave him their starter house when they built a $1.5 million spot for themselves. He lived in one half of the starter house, then rented out the other half for $1400. So he paid for utilities for his own and pocketed the rest.

Then when he was ready to buy is own crib, his folks gave him $400K as a down payment on a $700K home. Meanwhile, he rented out the OTHER half of the starter house so he's collecting on rent from two tenants.

All this and he had to put $0 down.

AND he works at his parents company. :lol:

I've had my own apartment in Atlanta, San Francisco, and Chicago... with that said I've lived in NYC for almost 6 years and I am just now getting my own spot.

I'm 31 btw.

Folks gotta understand that there's nothing wrong living with your parents if you have a plan. There house should be passed down to you so you can have something to own. A problem in our communities is that we don't even own property because we have this mentality.

Folks gotta understand that there's nothing wrong living with your parents if you have a plan. There house should be passed down to you so you can have something to own. A problem in our communities is that we don't even own property because we have this mentality.

Joint families are very prevalent in some cultures and we're not talking about that in this thread my man.

There are problems with what you're saying especially when you have siblings and the siblings in turn have partners. What if you want to keep your parents' home but your siblings want to sell it?

Joint families are very prevalent in some cultures and we're not talking about that in this thread my man.

There are problems with what you're saying especially when you have siblings and the siblings in turn have partners. What if you want to keep your parents' home but your siblings want to sell it?

Some. Definitely not black folks. We take pride in kicking ours out or leaving when were not ready.

And yeah others can be an issue, that's why I said a plan must be involved.

So I’ve spoken to a guy with multiple kids. He said the houses will be sold and the money will split between the kids if they can’t agree.

Back
Top Bottom