Work Boots

I started working for UPS as a Package Handler a couple weeks ago. I bought some temporary cheap work boots but they are killing my feet. What are some good work boots I can buy that are affordable & comfortable? Let me know asap. Pics would help too!

I worked at Sears many years ago and almost every guy in construction got the Roebuck boots (89669?) I don't have any personal experience with them, but guys would buy multiple pairs so that has to tell you something when they were able to choose those, timberlands, or wolverines.

Do they have to be ANSI or ASTM certified? If so, these are what I wear to work.

--cheaper than the Red Wings
--composite toe (better than steel toe)
--quality is just as good, if not better
--the leather is very soft.
-- < $100
--can be resoled and purchased at Red Wing stores

I added Red Wing heat molded insoles and I'm happy. You can find them for less than $100 depending on where you look. A guy at work found his for $60 online.

3926-Mens-6-Boot-S.jpg

edit: They are the Carhartt 3926.

Nope, they do not need to be certified or anything just non-slip steal toe(preferred) or regular work boots. But thanks everybody I will be looking into all of the suggestions to see which pair of boots is the right pair for me.

i wear red wings. they have cheaper alternatives, and the quality is excellent.

can't go wrong with carhartt either.

Originally Posted by SoleKid

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

Brahma, you can find them at wal-mart.

Those are what I have now, they are not comfortable at all!

The one that looks like a shoe right?

Throw some dr. scholls in them.
are you gellin?

Originally Posted by SoleKid

Brahma, you can find them at wal-mart.

Those are what I have now, they are not comfortable at all!

The one that looks like a shoe right?

Throw some dr. scholls in them.
are you gellin?

I got the pair that are steel toe. Nope, not gellin' either.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Do they have to be ANSI or ASTM certified? If so, these are what I wear to work.

--cheaper than the Red Wings
--composite toe (better than steel toe)
--quality is just as good, if not better
--the leather is very soft.
-- < $100
--can be resoled and purchased at Red Wing stores

I added Red Wing heat molded insoles and I'm happy. You can find them for less than $100 depending on where you look. A guy at work found his for $60 online.

3926-Mens-6-Boot-S.jpg

edit: They are the Carhartt 3926.

Do they come in black?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Based Mod

^
laugh.gif
those look like shape-ups

OP, stunt on your co-workers by getting goadomes.

haha they do.  but with my work pants on everyone thinks theyre boots
pimp.gif

anyways little update, these are better than my red wings so far.  def lighter, with a little more cushion in my step.  hawt.

I work in a steel mill and I put my feet through hell daily. A good pair of boots are priceless to me. the ones I'm wearing now are really good..name slips my mind but I'll edit this when I go back monday..See if they have a boot book at your work, we do and we get 100 credit each year toward a new pair. I can say Carolinas and Wolverines are nice and comrfortable. Ive had those converse posted above and there awful..fall apart in a week..When I seen someone posted Brahamas..you must have cave man feet my man cus them are the worst boots money can buy..If your gunna be on your feet spend the money and get a good pair. Will update when I go in and see what kind of boot I currently have. had em 2 years and there still feelin great

Back
Top Bottom