Working in Retail Stores

Lots of stories. But the worst?

I got yelled at, insulted, and complained about by a customer for giving her her change in $5's... when I had no bigger bills... after I told her how I'd exchange her money for her out of another register. Dumb @+@#%#% *%%$.

Originally Posted by agold1002

but on the real working retail has made me a much better shopper as well...i dont go into a store any more and unfold shirts and make a mess because at the end of the day someone has to clean up after you

I don't understand why you can't have those MANNERS and common sense without working retail.  Who did you think had to fold shirts and clean before you worked retail?
laugh.gif

Alchemist IQ wrote:

Dude's come in with fake credit cards to buy ipads, one time i slipped up and rang the fake credit card, when i realize i took a magnet and deactivated the thing in front the of the customer. \
When i walk into the bathroom, I always say "DAMMMMM WHO'S TAKING A #2" out loud.

roll.gif
roll.gif

ErickM713 wrote:
There was a dude fapping in the restroom on Tuesday, I always wash my hands before I go to lunch and I just so happen to hear someone fumbling in the stall when I walked in.
I acted like I walked out and dude started up again, mind you I wear steel toe boots.

I kicked the !#%$ out the door and walked out, I heard a louder fumble but I was already gone by the time he opened the stall door.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Snooty rich women that expect you to kiss their butt
I cant even lie, working at TJ Maxx in high school made me despise rich, old white women. They think your hired to cater to their every need, kiss their +%*, and bend over backwards to please them. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 One of them demanded I carry her toy poodle around while she shopped because the dog was "tired of the shopping cart". After I refused she told my manager who happens to be a dog lover (and old white lady herself) and sent me home for "insubordination". 
indifferent.gif

it's a two way street, in retail you've got bad employees and bad customers. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I cant even lie, working at TJ Maxx in high school made me despise rich, old white women. They think your hired to cater to their every need, kiss their +%*, and bend over backwards to please them. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 One of them demanded I carry her toy poodle around while she shopped because the dog was "tired of the shopping cart". After I refused she told my manager who happens to be a dog lover (and old white lady herself) and sent me home for "insubordination". 
indifferent.gif
lolol only in AZ. 
roll.gif

+%%$%%%. worst. state. ever.

I work for a grocery store in SOCAL. Been there for five years everyday I think how much I hate it. I hate it so bad sometimes i think i hope someone steals stuff just so that in a way i can get a form of revenge on the company. I'll add more later.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by af1 1982

The worst thing about retail is not the customers, it's the mindless work you have to do. I dread going to work (Target) because it is so damn boring. It requires no thinking at all, you are just consumed in your own thoughts for hours at a time

laugh.gif
depends where you work but at my job the customers are by far the worst part. Working retail has made me racist and judgmental as hell

roll.gif
roll.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
You just had to be mexican too
laugh.gif

Not only are some customers a pain in the %*#. I hate my manager with a passion. I legit hope the old #%%%% kicks the bucket or retires soon.

True story. I worked in Market at Target and one time this lady couldnt control herself and took a @#$ in the aisles. We thought it was a dog because they were like little pebbles all over but I found out it was a lady because she went into the bathroom and she asked one of the team members to get her new underwear. People werent looking where they were walking and ran over the "pebbles" with their carts
sick.gif
The lady had the nerve to go back and finish her shopping too.

Originally Posted by Curious24

What races do you guys beleive are the worst customers?

From my multiple years of retail experience in electronics and clothing stores when I was a teenager, I have to say I can't really specify a specific race who's the worst. And I'm not saying that to be politically correct or to try not to offend, but I just found people in general to be scumbags.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

People really expecting first class service at TJ Maxx?
laugh.gif

I would of laughed in her face then asked if she knew where she was....except no I wouldn't, but I would of thought about doing it

No race, but when I worked at CVS, the older people or those who are unwilling to learn how to use the self checkout machines were the worst.

Worked retail as a youngin'. For me....

It's not so much about race. It's a class issue.

You have your stuck-up rich pricks. Broke, neck poppin' ghetto !$%!%%%. Miserable middle class people who hate their lives, jobs, kids, spouses, and project anger. The list goes on.

^
So basically every class and group of people.  
laugh.gif

I refuse to ever work retail.  The only exception I would make is maybe verizon or att.

The worst thing about retail is not the customers, it's the mindless work you have to do. I dread going to work (Target) because it is so damn boring. It requires no thinking at all, you are just consumed in your own thoughts for hours at a time

I work at Target too, I know EXACTLY how you feel

Brown people that try to scam us with coupons to try and get money then get all heated when we deny them. 
And most Africans I've tried to help have been pretty rude. 

But yeah in retail there's scumbaggery coming from all races...those are the worst though. 

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Canadian Indians hands down no hesitation.
laugh.gif

i want to answer this question but i've had this sn for too long to go out like that

i will say that black folks are consistently the nicest people i deal with though

if your younger then the retail thing while goin to school is ok i guess.

however, retail isn't for everyone.    i tend to treat people the way they treat me so that mindset never meshed well with my past retail jobs in my younger years.

if the customer was chill, i'd be nice and helpful to them.  if they were rude i would be rude as well or just tell them that i didn't get paid enough to deal with them and that the store had the right to refuse them service.

i got so many complaints made about me but never got fired
laugh.gif

smashing coworkers and random chicks that worked at other stores in the mall in the break room in the back
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

I work at Target too, I know EXACTLY how you feel
worked there through high school..
i remember one time i closed...it was like 2 top flights working & one manager

top flight goes and shuts off the cameras....get baskets and a big ##+ tupperware bins, and loaded em up

i worked carts at the time, so i ended up puttin all this free #%%$ and their cars.....and of course i had a bin, but mines was all electronics 

Back
Top Bottom