Working two jobs....

Originally Posted by II0II703 RICO ROB

I've worked two jobs for a year and some change now. regular full time gig 9-5 Mon-Fri and then Best Buy usually Tues & Thurs from 5:30pm-10pm, 2pm-10pm Saturdays, 11am-5pm typically on Sundays. I work simply b/c i'm trying to build up a lot of savings. Haven't had a day off w/ the exception 3 days during the week we had a blizzard here in DC

the *@! wears you out after a while but if you definitely need the cash, just to save up or to pay things off stick with it for as long as you can. Make sure you work out a schedule for yourself that will save you time throughout each week in which you could use to spend time with your daughter/fam and handle any other errands you have.

Yeah, I tried to do that. So I have Thursday evenings. Saturday till 3 and Sundays off. I don't think it will be too bad but the money should be well worth it. Especially with my daughters first B-day and Christmas right around the corner. It will help alot with the bills and I want to buy a new TV soon...

LilSciurid08- PM me and I'll give you the info...

Originally Posted by II0II703 RICO ROB

I've worked two jobs for a year and some change now. regular full time gig 9-5 Mon-Fri and then Best Buy usually Tues & Thurs from 5:30pm-10pm, 2pm-10pm Saturdays, 11am-5pm typically on Sundays. I work simply b/c i'm trying to build up a lot of savings. Haven't had a day off w/ the exception 3 days during the week we had a blizzard here in DC

the *@! wears you out after a while but if you definitely need the cash, just to save up or to pay things off stick with it for as long as you can. Make sure you work out a schedule for yourself that will save you time throughout each week in which you could use to spend time with your daughter/fam and handle any other errands you have.

Yeah, I tried to do that. So I have Thursday evenings. Saturday till 3 and Sundays off. I don't think it will be too bad but the money should be well worth it. Especially with my daughters first B-day and Christmas right around the corner. It will help alot with the bills and I want to buy a new TV soon...

LilSciurid08- PM me and I'll give you the info...

I work 2 jobs 8-3 Monday-Friday and my other job Sunday-Thursday 4-10 I gave 2 kids and I admit it's stressful but I know m doing it to provide for them so I don't really trip off of it and when I get home I make sure to spend as much time with them before they go to sleep and during my off days we always go out either to a place like chuck e cheese or the movies or the zoo we always do something special each week. I've had 2 jobs for about 2 years

I work 2 jobs 8-3 Monday-Friday and my other job Sunday-Thursday 4-10 I gave 2 kids and I admit it's stressful but I know m doing it to provide for them so I don't really trip off of it and when I get home I make sure to spend as much time with them before they go to sleep and during my off days we always go out either to a place like chuck e cheese or the movies or the zoo we always do something special each week. I've had 2 jobs for about 2 years

I tried corporate America and Foot Locker at the same time. I was burned out, but the $ was right, there was a point where I didn't have to even touch my bank accounts.

I tried corporate America and Foot Locker at the same time. I was burned out, but the $ was right, there was a point where I didn't have to even touch my bank accounts.

Checking in...

Been working two jobs since Jan. and let me tell I'm 'bout ready to snap. Social life? Gone. Friends? Blowing in the wind. Females?
eyes.gif
Family? I'm a stranger. Sleep?
laugh.gif
Money? Eh.

I work 7 days a week. In two different states (NJ and NYC). However, since working two jobs I tripled what I made in 2009. Got a new car. Paid off student loans. Bought new clothes. Stacking money.

Weigh all that stuff and see if it's for you. All in all its good if you really, really get money and you've got time like that. I'm leaving the job in NJ in October. It becoming too much. I want my life back.

Checking in...

Been working two jobs since Jan. and let me tell I'm 'bout ready to snap. Social life? Gone. Friends? Blowing in the wind. Females?
eyes.gif
Family? I'm a stranger. Sleep?
laugh.gif
Money? Eh.

I work 7 days a week. In two different states (NJ and NYC). However, since working two jobs I tripled what I made in 2009. Got a new car. Paid off student loans. Bought new clothes. Stacking money.

Weigh all that stuff and see if it's for you. All in all its good if you really, really get money and you've got time like that. I'm leaving the job in NJ in October. It becoming too much. I want my life back.

i did it for a year and went to school full time...

it was no joke and my grades really suffered...i probably would have graduated by now if i didn't do it...

thing is i didn't have to do it i was just caught up in the money....

i'll probably do it again after i graduate to start stacking more money to move out or away faster

your daughter will be fine...a few times growing up my dad worked two jobs to gain experience for after he got out the military and i barely even remember him doing so now that i'm older...

just realized i've done it twice...summmer i came home from freshmen year i had a FT at the police station and PT at Vicky Secret...i would see my parents for like 2-3 days cuz they were gone before i got up and sleep when i got home...

it was no joke and my grades really suffered...i probably would have graduated by now if i didn't do it...

i'll probably do it again after i graduate to start stacking more money to move out or away faster

your daughter will be fine...a few times growing up my dad worked two jobs to gain experience for after he got out the military and i barely even remember him doing so now that i'm older...

just realized i've done it twice...summmer i came home from freshmen year i had a FT at the police station and PT at Vicky Secret...i would see my parents for like 2-3 days cuz they were gone before i got up and sleep when i got home...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Thanks! It's good to hear how it will be from her point of view...

I'm going to try to stick with it...

krazy88s- At this point I'm not really concerned about my social life. Right now it's about getting the money and taking care of my daughter. If I can stack like you said you have I will be good... Make babygirls b-day and christmas good, keep the bills paid and buy myself a few things inbetween... 

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Thanks! It's good to hear how it will be from her point of view...

I'm going to try to stick with it...

krazy88s- At this point I'm not really concerned about my social life. Right now it's about getting the money and taking care of my daughter. If I can stack like you said you have I will be good... Make babygirls b-day and christmas good, keep the bills paid and buy myself a few things inbetween... 

It's worth it...your daughter is still young and buy building your account you are just making sure you can provide her with more luxuries in the future.

It's worth it...your daughter is still young and buy building your account you are just making sure you can provide her with more luxuries in the future.

Like most people that have done it...the money is good, if you can get a day off everyweek it should be ok. I did 5am-11pm Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Didn't have a day off for 150 days -- killed my time with friends and family...

Like most people that have done it...the money is good, if you can get a day off everyweek it should be ok. I did 5am-11pm Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

always wanted to see about 2 jobs.. i think im going to do this during seasonal time.. just to see whats up

this, but don't know if I will have enough time to study for my classes and so on.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

always wanted to see about 2 jobs.. i think im going to do this during seasonal time.. just to see whats up

this, but don't know if I will have enough time to study for my classes and so on.

Did it for a summer.
Made some real good money, and both jobs were low stress so I didnt really get burned out.
Would have done it longer if my boss's at my 2nd job werent pricks.

Did it for a summer.
Made some real good money, and both jobs were low stress so I didnt really get burned out.
Would have done it longer if my boss's at my 2nd job werent pricks.

Originally Posted by BaLLaz206

sick.gif

Originally Posted by BaLLaz206

sick.gif

Had a delivery job from 6-5pm and worked at checkers 6-12pm..

Set a goal..and once you reach that , get out.

Back
Top Bottom