Worldwide Wes mocks the NCAA

http://eye-on-college-bas...?mcctag=William%20Wesley
By Gary Parrish

AKRON, Ohio -- The NCAA sends representatives to monitor various July events, and because the LeBron James Skills Academy is the event with the best prospects and most high-profile coaches, there are two members of the Basketball Focus Group at the University of Akron.

They're here to make sure the coaches stay where they're supposed to stay and the prospects stay where they're supposed to stay, and they do a fine job of it. But here's the issue: They can't quite figure out what to do with William Wesley -- the man more commonly known as "Worldwide Wes" who basically has the run of the place. Wesley is a longtime and well-documented power-broker who is now a certified agent. And even though agents are supposed to be nowhere close to players at an event like this, Wesley has spent the better part of tonight sitting in a chair on the court around Kentucky freshmen Anthony Davis and Michael Gilchrist, and within talking and bumping distance of every high school prospect in attendance.

Nike officials allow it to happen.

So it happens.

And Wesley knows just how much it agitates the NCAA. For proof, consider that I was standing with two NCAA officials earlier tonight, just talking and catching up when we were suddenly interrupted by a young man who tapped one of the NCAA officials on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," the young man said. "Wes wanted me to tell you hello."

So, yes, now Worldwide Wes is just mocking the system.

On one hand, it's troubling.

On the other, it's absolutely hilarious.

All I can really say is wow.

http://eye-on-college-bas...?mcctag=William%20Wesley
By Gary Parrish

AKRON, Ohio -- The NCAA sends representatives to monitor various July events, and because the LeBron James Skills Academy is the event with the best prospects and most high-profile coaches, there are two members of the Basketball Focus Group at the University of Akron.

They're here to make sure the coaches stay where they're supposed to stay and the prospects stay where they're supposed to stay, and they do a fine job of it. But here's the issue: They can't quite figure out what to do with William Wesley -- the man more commonly known as "Worldwide Wes" who basically has the run of the place. Wesley is a longtime and well-documented power-broker who is now a certified agent. And even though agents are supposed to be nowhere close to players at an event like this, Wesley has spent the better part of tonight sitting in a chair on the court around Kentucky freshmen Anthony Davis and Michael Gilchrist, and within talking and bumping distance of every high school prospect in attendance.

Nike officials allow it to happen.

So it happens.

And Wesley knows just how much it agitates the NCAA. For proof, consider that I was standing with two NCAA officials earlier tonight, just talking and catching up when we were suddenly interrupted by a young man who tapped one of the NCAA officials on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," the young man said. "Wes wanted me to tell you hello."

So, yes, now Worldwide Wes is just mocking the system.

On one hand, it's troubling.

On the other, it's absolutely hilarious.

All I can really say is wow.

pimp.gif

He's like the next gen Sonny Vaccaro yet I don't hate this dude for some reason. He exploits a system he knows is weak, so more power to him. 

He's like the next gen Sonny Vaccaro yet I don't hate this dude for some reason. He exploits a system he knows is weak, so more power to him. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

How old is this guy?

They put "his" logo on some orthopedic walking shoes, damn shame.

those joints are lowtop AJ3s/AF89s
stop hating on the dude.

if they let you do it... why stop until they stop you?

How old is this guy?

stop hating on the dude.

WW sounds like he's getting full of himself.

One of the things that made him was how clandestine he was.

WW sounds like he's getting full of himself.

One of the things that made him was how clandestine he was.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

How old is this guy?

I don't care what fusion they are or who they are made by, they look like old man walking shoes.

stop hating on the dude.

I don't even care about this dude, he's a runner/street agent who's exploiting the system and doing a damn good job of it.  The only reason I know who he is has to due with the LeBron sweepstakes last year.  He popped up in every LeBron to Chi rumor.

You play with fire, you are going to get burned.  The NCAA makes it's rules as it goes along, if they don't want you around they'll just make something up on the fly,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by likethematrix

How old is this guy?

I don't care what fusion they are or who they are made by, they look like old man walking shoes.

stop hating on the dude.

I don't even care about this dude, he's a runner/street agent who's exploiting the system and doing a damn good job of it.  The only reason I know who he is has to due with the LeBron sweepstakes last year.  He popped up in every LeBron to Chi rumor.

You play with fire, you are going to get burned.  The NCAA makes it's rules as it goes along, if they don't want you around they'll just make something up on the fly,
laugh.gif

so everybody use to hate dude but now they think hes swagaliscious? only on niketalk
laugh.gif

so everybody use to hate dude but now they think hes swagaliscious? only on niketalk
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom