Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Bred" XI

• "Bred" IV

• Other

• Total voters
So, after a quick search, it didn't appear that anyone had made a post asking this question, so I figured I'd do it. If it has been made already, my fault.

What was your favorite Jordan that dropped in 2012? What was the worst Jordan that dropped in 2012? Now, both of these only go for pairs YOU actually copped, put your hands on, and wore. After at least a few months of wearing most kicks that dropped in 2012, I think we've had enough to give an educated opinion on which joints were the best and the worst. I will go first:

My best release and worst release was, oddly, the same shoe: The White/Cement 4.  Wait, what?

Hear me out BEFORE losing your minds, ok? It was my best/favorite release because that model, in that colorway, is one of my favorites of all time. Something about the OG "Home" (white/black/red) colorway of the early signature model Js has always stuck with me my entire life. This colorway hadn't been released since 1999, so we'd been waiting a looooong time for it to come back around. As far as 2012 releases, this was the shoe I've worn the most, by a good margin. They are holding up fairly well for being worn 40+ times...

Remember, 40+ times, at least. So, how exactly could my favorite shoe be my least-favorite shoe as well??

This shoe was by far the most disappointing release, in my opinion, because of the quality of the leather. Now, usually, I can't stand the guys who whine and complain when something is slightly different than the OG release. Do I wish each iteration of a shoe was identical to the OG version? Yes, of course. But is that going to stop me from copping a shoe that I've always loved and wanted? Hell no. Although I'm usually not one of those guys, this was a case where I had to agree with the common claim that JB uses cheaper materials for their newer Retros. The thing that really makes it bad is the quality of the leather used for the  "Military" 4s that dropped in 2012 was much better. If they obviously had access to a higher quality of leather, why use the plastic/leather-type hybrid instead, especially when you are selling both shoes for the same exact price? I've never been a big fan of the "Military 4s" (it was the last time I'll ever buy a shoe that I'm not completely in love with), and ended up selling both of my pairs for the low, but I have to admit, I wasn't mad at all with the quality of those shoes. The White/Cement 4s, on the other hand, were a huge disappointment. Still, I continue to rock this shoe, because the quality isn't bad enough for me to hate them, and it is still one of my favorite models, especially in this colorway. The shoe is comfortable enough, matches well with pretty much anything, and is such a great design, definitely one of my top 5 models of all-time. 

So, what's your favorite and least favorite shoe? Obviously, you don't have to have a long-*** description like mine, but it'd be cool if you could give at least a couple thoughts for each category, instead of just naming your least and most favorite, although that would be fine too. Let's hear 'em, folks! Peace.

........ooookk for me best was playoff 12's, nd worst to me was chi 10's(crease nd squeek to fast)

So, after a quick search, it didn't appear that anyone had made a post asking this question, so I figured I'd do it. If it has been made already, my fault.

What was your favorite Jordan that dropped in 2012? What was the worst Jordan that dropped in 2012? Now, both of these only go for pairs YOU actually copped, put your hands on, and wore. After at least a few months of wearing most kicks that dropped in 2012, I think we've had enough to give an educated opinion on which joints were the best and the worst. I will go first:

My best release and worst release was, oddly, the same shoe: The White/Cement 4.  Wait, what?

Hear me out BEFORE losing your minds, ok? It was my best/favorite release because that model, in that colorway, is one of my favorites of all time. Something about the OG "Home" (white/black/red) colorway of the early signature model Js has always stuck with me my entire life. This colorway hadn't been released since 1999, so we'd been waiting a looooong time for it to come back around. As far as 2012 releases, this was the shoe I've worn the most, by a good margin. They are holding up fairly well for being worn 40+ times...

Remember, 40+ times, at least. So, how exactly could my favorite shoe be my least-favorite shoe as well??

This shoe was by far the most disappointing release, in my opinion, because of the quality of the leather. Now, usually, I can't stand the guys who whine and complain when something is slightly different than the OG release. Do I wish each iteration of a shoe was identical to the OG version? Yes, of course. But is that going to stop me from copping a shoe that I've always loved and wanted? Hell no. Although I'm usually not one of those guys, this was a case where I had to agree with the common claim that JB uses cheaper materials for their newer Retros. The thing that really makes it bad is the quality of the leather used for the  "Military" 4s that dropped in 2012 was much better. If they obviously had access to a higher quality of leather, why use the plastic/leather-type hybrid instead, especially when you are selling both shoes for the same exact price? I've never been a big fan of the "Military 4s" (it was the last time I'll ever buy a shoe that I'm not completely in love with), and ended up selling both of my pairs for the low, but I have to admit, I wasn't mad at all with the quality of those shoes. The White/Cement 4s, on the other hand, were a huge disappointment. Still, I continue to rock this shoe, because the quality isn't bad enough for me to hate them, and it is still one of my favorite models, especially in this colorway. The shoe is comfortable enough, matches well with pretty much anything, and is such a great design, definitely one of my top 5 models of all-time. 

So, what's your favorite and least favorite shoe? Obviously, you don't have to have a long-*** description like mine, but it'd be cool if you could give at least a couple thoughts for each category, instead of just naming your least and most favorite, although that would be fine too. Let's hear 'em, folks! Peace.
10000 percent agreed...

i wear the **** outta my cement 4s...only thing that pisses me off is the meshon em..i cannot get the slight yellowing out....

mili4s are made well

and wtf voted on the bred 4s being bad...smh

Most of these listed I have but haven't worn yet. Usually only wear
If I have double of. Last double up for me were the Concords XI's.
So My most disappointment cop of 2012? Is Olympic VI's. Fav release
Bred IV's, but mad they didn't use same material as the Thndr IV's.
Overall Quality Wise" "Charcoal VII's"! .....
"Raptors" Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ....

Best Jays of the year hands down the BRED Xi If it wasn't for the lower overall quality of the shoe this will be a non argument and will unanimously be nominated second to none. However, the quality is a step down. So its an open discussion. 

Wow I didn't realize how many retros released last year until I looked at that list.
Seems a little crazy to me.

Back
Top Bottom