Worst Professional Sports Team This Decade?

Heres the nominees

1. Pittsburgh Pirates- No winning season since 1992. The most games they won in a single season this decade was 75 games. finished with less then 70 wins 7out of 10 times this decade as well (at least they have a nice stadium)

2. Detroit Lions- No winning season since 2000, No playoff appearances, and most importantly 0-16

3. Memphis Grizzlies- Pretty consistently crappy except for a 3 season stretch during the middle part of the decade

4. Kansas City Royals- 4 100+ loss seasons this decade, 7 seasons with less then 70 wins, 9 out of 10 seasons were losing seasons

5. Washington Nationals- So crappy they moved, 7 out of 10 seasons were losing seasons, Plus the last two were back to back 100 + loss seasons.

6. Cleveland Browns- Losing seasons almost every year this decade, No playoff wins, The year they win 10 games they miss the playoffs, Constantly rebuildingthis decade

And the award goes to........................................................................ The Detroit Lions, yes they had a winning season in 2000, butthey almost went 0-16 in 2001, only to not mess it up the second time around 7 years later. They had seasons where they won 0, 2, 3, and 5 wins twice, andwill probably finish with 2 wins again this year.

They barely beat out the Pirates for this not so good award.

I was going to put the Raiders, 49ers, and Knicks on the list as well but the Raiders did go to a super bowl and have some playoff success early in thedecade, and the 49ers and Knicks had their own brief playoff success as well despite how bad they've been the rest of the years.

I can't decide between the Lions and Pirates.

I suppose if we're strictly concerned with this decade it would be the Lions, but to approach twenty years without even a .500 season is incredible.

The Grizzlies are not even the worst NBA team this decade.

That title belongs to the Clippers or Warriors.

PNC is the only reason to go but it is a great reason, and the relatively cheap beer

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Knicks had their own brief playoff success as well despite how bad they've been the rest of the years.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

other than reaching the eastern conference finals in 2000, they haven't done crap when it comes to playoff success (getting swept out of the 1st roundagainst the Nets in '04 is not playoff success LOL)

MLB: Royals, Pirates
NFL: Lions, Browns
NBA: Warriors (even with 2 winning seasons), Knicks, Clippers, Grizz (ya they made they playoffs a couple of times but they couldnt even win 1 game)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Knicks had their own brief playoff success as well despite how bad they've been the rest of the years.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

other than reaching the eastern conference finals in 2000, they haven't done crap when it comes to playoff success (getting swept out of the 1st round against the Nets in '04 is not playoff success LOL)

roll.gif
Can't forget coughing away that series against the Raptors in'01 either.

It has to be the Kittens (Lions). They've just a bad franchise since Barry Sanders skipped town. He saw it coming. That '99 Lions team was just anabberation.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

other than reaching the eastern conference finals in 2000, they haven't done crap when it comes to playoff success (getting swept out of the 1st round against the Nets in '04 is not playoff success LOL)

well that 2000 run, and beating the heat in the last year in was still a rivalry kept the knicks off the list
laugh.gif
they did make it in 2001 when they lost to the raptors as well.

and to the other guy both the clippers and warriors made it to the playoffs and won a series this decade. the grizzlies besides 2004-06 sucked the wholedecade and got swept in each of their 3 playoff appearances convincingly. the warriors had 2 winning seasons also

and i can't pick the clippers because it wouldn't be right to have the decades most successful team and the decades least successful team sharing thesame building

Pirates are so bad, I couldn't even make them into a winning team in a The Show '09 Franchise. I would have moderate success, but their payroll neverincreased so I never had a chance to sign my prospects who turned into stars. It ended up like a real life version of itself.

If its just about on field production, its EASILY the Pirates.

If it includes organizational moves and decisions, its the Lions.

washington nationals easily !! the ? said professional ... not only do they lose on the field but somehow they got their jerseys messed up and it was spelledwrong ... someone please insert a picture of that ...

they are the worst

Back
Top Bottom