Worth it to buy the first Gears of War?

I just got a xbox 360 and i was wondering if its worth it to buy the first gears of war? do a lot of people still play this on xbox live? what are youropinions/reviews on the game (especially the online multiplayer?

Yes, it is worth it because you can get it cheap at Gamestop. I never played it online, but the campaign was
smokin.gif

I honestly don't get the hype.

I gave the campaign a few days, and it wasn't enthralling at all. Whack if you ask me...but apparently I'm in the minority.

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

anyone got any helpful opinions/reviews? would it be better to get this than say cod or halo?
just get all 3 then you'll have 3 great xbox live games

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

anyone got any helpful opinions/reviews? would it be better to get this than say cod or halo?
yea. hopefully when i get more money. is the online multiplayer fun?

[color= rgb(51, 153, 51)]2nd one blows hard. 1st one was really good, well theonline play anyway.[/color]

of course its worth buying are you kidding me? its made by microsoft themeselves, graphics are amazing, campaign is insane, ALOT of people on xbox live and themultiplayer becomes addicting if your good, I say "if your good" because alot of people hop online get owned with the shotgun and start crying andcomplaining like babies, then they put back in their halo

gear>halo & cod combined

get gears dude

not worth it. i agree, very overrated. cod4 is the only online game worth playing at all. the action is too slow on gears. once youve gone cod4, or cod waw forthat matter, you will agree. campaign isnt anything special either.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

yea. hopefully when i get more money. is the online multiplayer fun?
it is. Just save some dough cop the all 3 you be happy because each game is different. I won't lie tho, I haven't touched Halo 3 inmonths.

You should buy it, it's a great shooter.
I'm a Playstation guy from the jump, but I bought a 360 just for Gears 1 and 2.
Seriously, it's sweet, even my girl finished and loved the first one

seems like gears is an awesome game. im probably going to get it. what about assassins creed? how is it? any other recommendations? so far all i have is nba2k9.

assassins creed is good for the first few missions... then u realize its like GTA and u just keep doin the same things over and over so u probably wont fini****.. i kno i didnt
laugh.gif

And i say get gears 2... or if u just hard up on cash then get gears 1. multiplayer is more fun to me than halo... i havent touched halo since COD4 came out

Back
Top Bottom