Would a boardwide #NT summit be possible? Vol. Vegas Vacation July 8-10???

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

It's popped up alot but as the days get closer, people start dropping like flies.

Buuut, I'm down if it actually does go down. But please not summer in Vegas, that heat is no joke lol

sometime between Mar-May would be perfect. and if people have to pay for rooms/flights there's no way they can flake.

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

It's popped up alot but as the days get closer, people start dropping like flies.

Buuut, I'm down if it actually does go down. But please not summer in Vegas, that heat is no joke lol

sometime between Mar-May would be perfect. and if people have to pay for rooms/flights there's no way they can flake.

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

My point was simply this, rather than saying oh I want to go [place] to hang out with strangers (seriously what are you going to do in vegas with that many people for a weekend, have breakout sessions hah?) that the smarter idea is to have a better reason to be there (a combination of what E3 is to video games, comicon is to comics, baseball card convention etc). Its worked pretty successful on the smaller scale from city to city and has a much better chance of success than a random NT summit. Get other stakeholders whho have a monetary interest in what we do to get involved and put up some money/product. From Nike to smaller manufactures to custom shoe makers, people can showcase their stuff, people who want to resell their stuff or accessories can accessories. Have informational sessions, a reason to be there rather than spend a weekend just hanging with strangers....Its a ton of work to organize but realistically this is the only way this will happen with any scale.
Same thought I had.  Your E3s, DxCs, Cons, etc... are all successful because of a common interest/centralized theme.  We are all on this board because we like(d) shoes.  Personally, I dont care much for them anymore.  I think the best idea would be to "crash" an event already happening (a car show would be cool) then organize around that.  If a concert can happen too then cool.  We can get into the intricacies like flights, rooming, deterring flaking later.
First comes gauging genuine interest and ability to attend.

It'll be a year or two before I can do something like this.  If this thread comes up again around then I'm in.  I'll even help with the planning.  As stated, this would be CRAZY if it were to happen.  I'm intrigued by the whole idea and the challenge it presents.  I say a turnout of 20 would be a success at the VERY least..

My point was simply this, rather than saying oh I want to go [place] to hang out with strangers (seriously what are you going to do in vegas with that many people for a weekend, have breakout sessions hah?) that the smarter idea is to have a better reason to be there (a combination of what E3 is to video games, comicon is to comics, baseball card convention etc). Its worked pretty successful on the smaller scale from city to city and has a much better chance of success than a random NT summit. Get other stakeholders whho have a monetary interest in what we do to get involved and put up some money/product. From Nike to smaller manufactures to custom shoe makers, people can showcase their stuff, people who want to resell their stuff or accessories can accessories. Have informational sessions, a reason to be there rather than spend a weekend just hanging with strangers....Its a ton of work to organize but realistically this is the only way this will happen with any scale.
Same thought I had.  Your E3s, DxCs, Cons, etc... are all successful because of a common interest/centralized theme.  We are all on this board because we like(d) shoes.  Personally, I dont care much for them anymore.  I think the best idea would be to "crash" an event already happening (a car show would be cool) then organize around that.  If a concert can happen too then cool.  We can get into the intricacies like flights, rooming, deterring flaking later.
First comes gauging genuine interest and ability to attend.

It'll be a year or two before I can do something like this.  If this thread comes up again around then I'm in.  I'll even help with the planning.  As stated, this would be CRAZY if it were to happen.  I'm intrigued by the whole idea and the challenge it presents.  I say a turnout of 20 would be a success at the VERY least..

Originally Posted by JPioneer

If it's in Cleveland I'm in.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This thread comes up at least 3 - 4x a year for the last 3 or so years Ive seen. Its never gonna happen.

i've been on NT for 7 years and can't recall it. FOR SURE can't recall it in the past 3 years.

we couldnt even pull off a east coast NYC summit.............had a thread and everything and everybody just flaked.

i agree with IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This thread comes up at least 3 - 4x a year for the last 3 or so years Ive seen. Its never gonna happen.

i've been on NT for 7 years and can't recall it. FOR SURE can't recall it in the past 3 years.

we couldnt even pull off a east coast NYC summit.............had a thread and everything and everybody just flaked.

i agree with IHeartBoost

lmao if u guys think this will ever work. ppeople work... people cant afford it.. if its a summit you guys want poeple who u kno on the board.. not some random $+# people.

lmao if u guys think this will ever work. ppeople work... people cant afford it.. if its a summit you guys want poeple who u kno on the board.. not some random $+# people.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by backpacker23

Originally Posted by Diego

I'd much rather go with my actual friends on a trip..however I think the best idea is a sneaker convention (ie. comicon). Sneaker makers having booths big and small having booths, making announcements, resellers having booths, new product/new technology announcements etc.  Has anythhing of that scale ever been tried? I would need an actual reason to hang out with most of 99.9% of you.

Seriously though, you talkin like we would miss your presence.
Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  this dude dont know squad. He probably just joined NT and knows nothing about the history of this great board. Someone should get this started. Where is a Mod when you need one? Dirty? or maybe even Method. If they organized it I think this would become a reality
tongue.gif
So i've been a member almost 4 years longer than you and your going to try and give me a history lesson?? If you knew anything you could have figured that out for your self.

Let me ask this...given that 99% of us live an hour or much further from vegas and have limited budgets and limited time what option what would you pick

1. Go to vegas with your boys or even just descent friends
2. Go to vegas with hundreds or even thousands of other dudes 99% of which you have never met other than through the internet and have nothing in common that you know about nevermind trying to get that amount of people into a club

If you would pick 2 you have serious real life problems and need to log off and go to sleep...sorry to pop your fantasy post bubble.

This post has come up plenty of times through the years and nothing has or will happen

Son, If you dont know, dont speak. Just because my current name says I got it in 07 it does not mean I been here since then. I was on this board in 01, when you were barely playing with your Nintendo DS, So please do your research before you say anything. So you been here for for a while you should already know how many people have posted this exact thread only to get nowhere. I agree with you, about someone sponsoring this event. That why I called upon the mods and admins, seeing as they might have some kind of connects to get something like this going.

<kanye>All my Ns from the Chi, that's my family dog And my Ns ain't my guys, they my family dog I feel like one day you'll understand me dog You can still love your man and be manly dog</kanye>

We don't want you and you pessimistic self anyways. Some of us NTers are pretty damn close to each other online or IRL.

And you strike me as the guy who has your homies and is all set. What's wrong with meeting strangers and making MORE friends?

Basically, get Lil B there and we're set.
I'm all for meeting new people but why try so hard to make friends from all over the country who you will likely never see again. Regional/City summits are a good way to meet people that you may actual develop friendships with besides through the internet

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Diego

I'd much rather go with my actual friends on a trip..however I think the best idea is a sneaker convention (ie. comicon). Sneaker makers having booths big and small having booths, making announcements, resellers having booths, new product/new technology announcements etc.  Has anythhing of that scale ever been tried? I would need an actual reason to hang out with most of 99.9% of you.

Seriously though, you talkin like we would miss your presence.
Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  this dude dont know squad. He probably just joined NT and knows nothing about the history of this great board. Someone should get this started. Where is a Mod when you need one? Dirty? or maybe even Method. If they organized it I think this would become a reality
tongue.gif
So i've been a member almost 4 years longer than you and your going to try and give me a history lesson?? If you knew anything you could have figured that out for your self.

Let me ask this...given that 99% of us live an hour or much further from vegas and have limited budgets and limited time what option what would you pick

1. Go to vegas with your boys or even just descent friends
2. Go to vegas with hundreds or even thousands of other dudes 99% of which you have never met other than through the internet and have nothing in common that you know about nevermind trying to get that amount of people into a club

If you would pick 2 you have serious real life problems and need to log off and go to sleep...sorry to pop your fantasy post bubble.

This post has come up plenty of times through the years and nothing has or will happen

Son, If you dont know, dont speak. Just because my current name says I got it in 07 it does not mean I been here since then. I was on this board in 01, when you were barely playing with your Nintendo DS, So please do your research before you say anything. So you been here for for a while you should already know how many people have posted this exact thread only to get nowhere. I agree with you, about someone sponsoring this event. That why I called upon the mods and admins, seeing as they might have some kind of connects to get something like this going.

<kanye>All my Ns from the Chi, that's my family dog And my Ns ain't my guys, they my family dog I feel like one day you'll understand me dog You can still love your man and be manly dog</kanye>

We don't want you and you pessimistic self anyways. Some of us NTers are pretty damn close to each other online or IRL.

And you strike me as the guy who has your homies and is all set. What's wrong with meeting strangers and making MORE friends?

Basically, get Lil B there and we're set.
I'm all for meeting new people but why try so hard to make friends from all over the country who you will likely never see again. Regional/City summits are a good way to meet people that you may actual develop friendships with besides through the internet

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

Yo, this sounds
pimp.gif
i'm def down. Problem is like many said we can barely pull a local summit. Here in Florida i have never heard of a summit actually going down
Yeah you guys in Florida are very uncoordinated. From it what it seems, most people are in the 305 area but can't get together.

NYC gets at least 40 now that everything is organized.

grin.gif

we had #NTFL like 2 weeks ago, summit down here in miami, bout 20 deep,
the word got around and bout 50 other ppl claiming they coming down for one we tryna plan for spring break.....
You guys had one summit. Please. Ask everyone else how hard it was getting something prior to that. Go sit in the corner.

#NTFL was mad fun though. It might have taken a while to get them together, but the end result was worth it. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

Yo, this sounds
pimp.gif
i'm def down. Problem is like many said we can barely pull a local summit. Here in Florida i have never heard of a summit actually going down
Yeah you guys in Florida are very uncoordinated. From it what it seems, most people are in the 305 area but can't get together.

NYC gets at least 40 now that everything is organized.

grin.gif

we had #NTFL like 2 weeks ago, summit down here in miami, bout 20 deep,
the word got around and bout 50 other ppl claiming they coming down for one we tryna plan for spring break.....
You guys had one summit. Please. Ask everyone else how hard it was getting something prior to that. Go sit in the corner.

#NTFL was mad fun though. It might have taken a while to get them together, but the end result was worth it. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom