Would any of you get a hair transplant?

Ive been wondering this for a while.
My brother is 7 years older than me (30) and his hair is starting to thin out in the front and the middle of his scalp. 

He had a mohawk for a good while then he realized that the front wasnt growing  much anymore so he cut it off.

I suggest hair transplant to him but he says no.  He decided to bald it but it didn't look good so he grew it back. 

I know once my hair starts to get on that level, I'm not opposed to a hair transplant at ALL. I know its my opinion. But I cant live with that doughnut in the back of my dome and that little patch in front that I see chris paul getting. This aint an option either. 

timthumb.php

would you do it?

Is that Lebron's real hairline?

Anyway, I'm 26 and the top of my head has thinned out the past couple of years. For some reason, the hair on the side and the back of my head is still thick. If I had the money to get a hair transplant, I possibly would.

I would do it if I needed it and had the money. I dont see any shame in it. Look at Wayne Rooney.

There is also a point and time though. If you are 40 and going bald thats one thing, but its different to be 25 and being bald.

I had a teacher that got a procedure done, he came back after the easter break and got roasted by the students because he looked like he got the top of his head left in a tanning machine.

I'm not putting teachers down, but it damn sure had to be affordable if he did it. His insurance probably helped... But it shows its not out of reach for the average human

Calling it hair transplant surgery is a total misnomer too - it's more akin to butchery. You've got to spend a fortune and it doesn't even work well.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Calling it hair transplant surgery is a total misnomer too - it's more akin to butchery. You've got to spend a fortune and it doesn't even work well.

Bosley & their clients strongly disagree. I'd do it if I were to lose my hair.

Someone I know works for a company that does hair transplants. Theres usually a lot of people who do it... I don't see why he's opposed. Just drop some cash and your hair will be growing as if you were 16 years old. No down side to it unless You don't like hair

Hold on, is that really LeBron's shapeup? Why is it that it doesn't look that bad usually? Does he black ice?

Originally Posted by kdawg

From this...

wayne_1914168c.jpg

To this is pretty good....

wayne-rooney-latest-hair-transplant.jpg

Whenever I shampoo my hair I'm starting to notice strands on my hand. It's starting to scare the crap out of me.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Hold on, is that really LeBron's shapeup? Why is it that it doesn't look that bad usually? Does he black ice?
It's cause his hair is grown out

I would never because 1)I'd rather spend the money on something else or save it 2)I'm not that insecure about my looks to the point where I would have to get it surgically altered 3)Losing hair is a part of life. Deal with it

Originally Posted by af1 1982

I would never because 1)I'd rather spend the money on something else or save it 2)I'm not that insecure about my looks to the point where I would have to get it surgically altered 3)Losing hair is a part of life. Deal with it

I understand your reasons for not wanting to go through with it. 
But ur TELLING people to deal with it though? 
grin.gif

im 26 and im balding.......really don't give  #$#! to be honest. as long as i got my facial hair then im good 
laugh.gif
im used to being without hair on my scalp anyways (i trim it off).

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Anyway, I'm 26 and the top of my head has thinned out the past couple of years. For some reason, the hair on the side and the back of my head is still thick. If I had the money to get a hair transplant, I possibly would.
That's male pattern bladness.

I considered it when mine started going but the price/pain/scarring changed my mind. 

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

That's male pattern bladness.

I considered it when mine started going but the price/pain/scarring changed my mind. 

this is one thing I have always been considered. but I think its temporary discomfort in exchange for hair that becomes permanent again 
laugh.gif

Im surprised how many people actually gave this any thought though. 

itll most likely just come all off if it gets to that point..

which im sure it will, since it runs in my fam..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Naw I would just give it a DAMN good bosely atempt or just go bald 

Bosley does hair transplant surgery, they use the strip method. I have a consultation with HairClub in OKC sometime later this month. I am probably not going to do it because at ~$7,000 and not even really being guaranteed to work, I don't think it's a good deal. I would go with the Follicular Unit Extraction method over the strip method though as I don't want people cutting off slices of my head down to my brain and placing it somewhere else. Also, since I switched to Head and Shoulders shampoo that greatly reduced the thinning down the middle.

They have a new method called scalp pigmentation where they essentially tattoo your line up in so it fills in the spots visually. They also have radioactive combs that are supposed to stimulate the follicles but that just sounds like cancer to me. Then there are products like Black Ice and Cabolki (I'd recommend this over Black Ice) that just appear to fix the problem.

More than anything, I just wish I had a nickel for every time a LeBron James hairline thread comes up. I would have enough money to just Diddy bop through life not giving a %#!% what my physical appearance does

Jeremy Piven's scar from strip surgery visible under his hat
Spoiler [+]
jeremy-piven-plastic-surgery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom