Would LeBron James leave Nike?

Originally Posted by jmizzo

lol mr know it all....WRONG....nice research Edwin!
Hawk - i think it was because of the Ohio high school sports rules to cover the tattoos...

cheerleader.jpg

Nat, i've been lurkin for the longest time and have come across your posts...

I do agree with you about adidas and them making good, quality shoes...Kudos to them..

BUT YOU posting is super annoying...going all out being some wise crack. YOU cannot change people thoughts about nike so you go insult them?

cmon son.

what's your mission anyway? to go on a Black-ops type, trying to stick YOUR IDEAS to the people in this board and insult them if they dont agree?

so...kudos to you for going at NIKE in an "ONE-MAN-DEMOLITION" Mission. but YOU FAIL at that.

i do love my D.Rose kicks tho.

I do agree with you about adidas and them making good, quality shoes...Kudos to them..

BUT YOU posting is super annoying...going all out being some wise crack. YOU cannot change people thoughts about nike so you go insult them?

cmon son.

what's your mission anyway? to go on a Black-ops type, trying to stick YOUR IDEAS to the people in this board and insult them if they dont agree?

so...kudos to you for going at NIKE in an "ONE-MAN-DEMOLITION" Mission. but YOU FAIL at that.

Lets jump off his jock people. Hes getting a lot of bread at nike, sales are great, promotion is great. He aint going no where.

Lets jump off his jock people. Hes getting a lot of bread at nike, sales are great, promotion is great. He aint going no where.

Let's get back to rational thinking on this subject, regardless of who brought it up. If Lebron left, how would Nike cope? Honestly, NO ONE since Jordan has had a shoe sell out on release year after year. The Zoom Generation sold out, but after that Lebrons end up at outlets just like Kobe's, or adidas, or Reeboks, although maybe not as quickly or in as great a number. Kobe is getting older, probably another 3-5 years max. Besides he and Lebron, who are the other top 10 players ion the NBA? I would say Wade, Dirk, Paul, Deron, Durant, Dwight, Melo, and either Rose or Roy, possibly Rondo. How many of those are marketable to the general public? Wade? Howard? Rose? About it. The rest are either in small markets, not generally popular (yet), or just not liked (Melo). So which of those athletes can carry a sig? Especially at $160 a pair? So let's say Lebron did leave, and goes to adidas for example. Who in the stable would get that $160 sig? No one currently. Durant would be a good choice, but he already put the C.Webb/Shaq on them and said he wants affordable. I think if Lebron left, you would see Nike HAVE to drop their top performance prices down to the old $130-$140 max, possibly lower because they wouldn't be paying the large contracts.

Not saying I want him to go, or that he will, just something to think about. It might no be a bad thing for us, as basketball players, to get lower prices, but for collectors I could see it greatly affecting the way they live.

Let's get back to rational thinking on this subject, regardless of who brought it up. If Lebron left, how would Nike cope? Honestly, NO ONE since Jordan has had a shoe sell out on release year after year. The Zoom Generation sold out, but after that Lebrons end up at outlets just like Kobe's, or adidas, or Reeboks, although maybe not as quickly or in as great a number. Kobe is getting older, probably another 3-5 years max. Besides he and Lebron, who are the other top 10 players ion the NBA? I would say Wade, Dirk, Paul, Deron, Durant, Dwight, Melo, and either Rose or Roy, possibly Rondo. How many of those are marketable to the general public? Wade? Howard? Rose? About it. The rest are either in small markets, not generally popular (yet), or just not liked (Melo). So which of those athletes can carry a sig? Especially at $160 a pair? So let's say Lebron did leave, and goes to adidas for example. Who in the stable would get that $160 sig? No one currently. Durant would be a good choice, but he already put the C.Webb/Shaq on them and said he wants affordable. I think if Lebron left, you would see Nike HAVE to drop their top performance prices down to the old $130-$140 max, possibly lower because they wouldn't be paying the large contracts.

Not saying I want him to go, or that he will, just something to think about. It might no be a bad thing for us, as basketball players, to get lower prices, but for collectors I could see it greatly affecting the way they live.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Let's get back to rational thinking

Quite obviously, that is a frightening thing to do with the type of guys who are present on this thread. Hopefully, more mindful and intelligent people such as yourself, might not be scared off by those who are simply sycophants of the swoosh.

Let's get back to rational thinking

Quite obviously, that is a frightening thing to do with the type of guys who are present on this thread. Hopefully, more mindful and intelligent people such as yourself, might not be scared off by those who are simply sycophants of the swoosh.

Originally Posted by Snake eyes

cmon son.

the funny thing is he waste ALL of his time doing the exact same thing he crucifies the so called "nike fanboy" for doing. i mean really who waste their WHOLE DAY posting on a message board of a brand they dont like? this post for example. the original title was so misleading you know he did it on purpose.
i feel sorry for his parents
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Snake eyes

cmon son.

the funny thing is he waste ALL of his time doing the exact same thing he crucifies the so called "nike fanboy" for doing. i mean really who waste their WHOLE DAY posting on a message board of a brand they dont like? this post for example. the original title was so misleading you know he did it on purpose.
i feel sorry for his parents
laugh.gif

nat turner once again with a great thread

if Lebron was smart he would leave nike and start his own brand
Lebron got the power to do his own thing he dont need nike anymore
Lebron need to Boss Up

nat turner once again with a great thread

if Lebron was smart he would leave nike and start his own brand
Lebron got the power to do his own thing he dont need nike anymore
Lebron need to Boss Up

Hahaha @ Lebron starting his own.....

Did you know he got rid of the team Nike presented him with?.... And then he hired his own......

Cmon.... What makes you think he's gonna be better off with a Logo that no one, but sneaker heads, knows about?

Answer me that..... I doubt you know anything about setting up a business like this.

Heck.... Jordan can't even branch out. If you ask me... They chickened out and knew that signing with Nike till 2023 was a far more profitable move. You won't be able to take the shoes that Nike designed for you nor will Nike even let you own the rights to it.

Even that Jay-z guy was smarter than what Ppl thought. Selling his brand but still investing into it and wearing it/walking advertisement.

Hahaha @ Lebron starting his own.....

Did you know he got rid of the team Nike presented him with?.... And then he hired his own......

Cmon.... What makes you think he's gonna be better off with a Logo that no one, but sneaker heads, knows about?

Answer me that..... I doubt you know anything about setting up a business like this.

Heck.... Jordan can't even branch out. If you ask me... They chickened out and knew that signing with Nike till 2023 was a far more profitable move. You won't be able to take the shoes that Nike designed for you nor will Nike even let you own the rights to it.

Even that Jay-z guy was smarter than what Ppl thought. Selling his brand but still investing into it and wearing it/walking advertisement.

C'mon guys, no thoughts on what I posted?

I def agree with what you said about carrying a high end sneaker would be hard. I could see them having a core group of guys pushing a shoe in duff colorways etc. There's a lot more buzz around the hyperdunk and hyperfuse than anything else these days. Id love to see a high performance lowtop that isn't a Kobe. So have some guys get ddifferent colorways etc for a high end shoe would work out well. Have a high end hyper that a group pushes and don't worry about an individual selling a sig per say. Just a thought.

C'mon guys, no thoughts on what I posted?

I def agree with what you said about carrying a high end sneaker would be hard. I could see them having a core group of guys pushing a shoe in duff colorways etc. There's a lot more buzz around the hyperdunk and hyperfuse than anything else these days. Id love to see a high performance lowtop that isn't a Kobe. So have some guys get ddifferent colorways etc for a high end shoe would work out well. Have a high end hyper that a group pushes and don't worry about an individual selling a sig per say. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom