Would you break up with your girl over stuff she said while drunk?

Darko
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

A drunk does not tell the truth. Man you guys come on, you should definitely keep up with your articles! A drunk person speaks...Drunk. They are in a state of drunkenness and they are speaking in that state. It has nothing to do with the truth.
That's a damn lie. True feelings always come out when you're drunk. You're no longer afraid to do what you were scared to do while sober.

It's a proven fact that alcohol lowers a person's inhibitions. It doesn't make you do what you don't wanna do either.

A drunk does not tell the truth. Man you guys come on, you should definitely keep up with your articles! A drunk person speaks...Drunk. They are in a state of drunkenness and they are speaking in that state. It has nothing to do with the truth.

Your girl had an emotional outburst while drunk, maybe thats the only way she feels like she can express herself and get it all out. Its a communication issue, you guys definitely need to talk and understand each other. You'll probably have to go through a vent stage though since it sounds like she has a lot on her mind. Some yelling may occur, just take some time to cool off and talk to understand each others side...You guys dont have anything to prove to each other, you want to work forward together.

Or maybe you dont...your call.

Most mature post in this thread. Even if it's not legitimate anger towards me, she is still taking out her issues ON me - which isn't cool. To clear upa few things: she's not a drunk, she just has too much maybe once a month or so. Most of the time she drinks she is all over me, lovey dovey type. HonestlyI think she struggles w/ certain family/career issues that she displaces onto me, knowing she can just take it on the chin afterwards (in the form ofapologizing, bla bla).

Originally Posted by snow pl0w

Your girl had an emotional outburst while drunk, maybe thats the only way she feels like she can express herself and get it all out. Its a communication issue, you guys definitely need to talk and understand each other. You'll probably have to go through a vent stage though since it sounds like she has a lot on her mind. Some yelling may occur, just take some time to cool off and talk to understand each others side...You guys dont have anything to prove to each other, you want to work forward together.

Most mature post in this thread. Even if it's not legitimate anger towards me, she is still taking out her issues ON me - which isn't cool. To clear up a few things: she's not a drunk, she just has too much maybe once a month or so. Most of the time she drinks she is all over me, lovey dovey type. Honestly I think she struggles w/ certain family/career issues that she displaces onto me, knowing she can just take it on the chin afterwards (in the form of apologizing, bla bla).
**** then. 90% people telling you how it is and you're just in denial trying to listen to what you wanna hear.

Also, like a half hour after I dropped her off she called and was crying hysterically, wanting to apologize. I told her I'm not ready to talk and as far asI'm concerned we're broken up right now. If I end up staying with her I at least have to let her know this !@%$ is serious business - done with thebaby games, I'm not gonna be verbally assaulted when ever she has too much to drink. If I pulled that I'd never hear the end of it.

i say stupid shh when i am drunk but I dont mean what I say..... sometimes....

but there is a problem when people drink and get violent

raptors29 wrote:
DaJoka004 wrote:

That's a damn lie. True feelings always come out when you're drunk. You're no longer afraid to do what you were scared to do while sober.

It's a proven fact that alcohol lowers a person's inhibitions. It doesn't make you do what you don't wanna do either.
I think it really depends on how drunk the person is. i think its true until the person has had way too much. im talkingabout when the person starts to lose all inhibitions and becomes belligerent, extremely promiscuous, or just plain ******ed like what they're sayingdoesn't even make sense.

there are two types of drunks that i have encounter

the violent ones and the depressed ones

the violent ones say stupid shh to piss you off and start a fight, for no reason.

the depressed drunk speaks how they truly feel.

but these are extreme cases.

when i am drunk i always say this to my boy's girl. I always dream of having sex with you, of course I don't mean it, I just say it to see her reactionand my boy has no ego whatsoever so its all good

but then again I hang out with a bunch of ******s

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

in·hi·bi·tion
1: an inner impediment to free activity, expression, or functioning: as a: a mental process imposing restraint upon behavior or another mental process (as a desire)

...so hopefully you were agreeing with dajoka otherwise you need to brush up on your recollection of what inhibitions are. yes alcohol lowers inhibition...CLEARLY...but it does not alter the truth.

Most mature post in this thread. Even if it's not legitimate anger towards me, she is still taking out her issues ON me - which isn't cool. To clear up a few things: she's not a drunk, she just has too much maybe once a month or so. Most of the time she drinks she is all over me, lovey dovey type. Honestly I think she struggles w/ certain family/career issues that she displaces onto me, knowing she can just take it on the chin afterwards (in the form of apologizing, bla bla).
2m302kk.jpg

not saying it'd be rational to just dump her off her "uninhibited" statements because its generally not rational, but unless the stuff she saidabout you is completely way left field and untrue it sounds like you are avoiding the fact that she expressed she feelsa certain way about you and possibly has it pinned up. it aint that serious to where yall need to break up. just talk to her about those issues and keep ittruckin. def don't try to avoid the fact that she said (as far as the problems she has with/about you) b/c 9x out of 10 its the truth or at least at theroot of something small that could be growing

but on another note, its a very situational type of issue. in the same light that its not rational to break up over something said while drunk or whatever,there are definitely some things that can be said that I would not let slide regardless of the situation

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Originally Posted by Wade187

This dude Darko and his "dimepiece" storys
laugh.gif

/Thread

roll.gif

if youre mature yourself...you wouldnt ask NT for advice...just go from how u feel...you're the man of the relationship act like it and be upfront...theres no point of holding things to yourself and wonder woulda coulda...it seems to bother you so go out and tell her

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

there are two types of drunks that i have encounter

the violent ones and the depressed ones

the violent ones say stupid shh to piss you off and start a fight, for no reason.

the depressed drunk speaks how they truly feel.

but these are extreme cases.

when i am drunk i always say this to my boy's girl. I always dream of having sex with you, of course I don't mean it, I just say it to see her reaction and my boy has no ego whatsoever so its all good

but then again I hang out with a bunch of ******s
hy-c_KP-BlackKettle.jpg

My +%+@$ STAY running off at the mouth when she's pissed. Mad reckfull %@*@ too. As of late, she's become fond of "Oh well, you still with me soapparently....". Well, last night my reply was "Fine, **** my house then, now!" and I slammed the door in her face and let her stand inthe rain, 20 miles from home, with no transportation. She got the point.... and so I took her silly @@* home in complete silence
pimp.gif
. She ain'teven gotta be drunk tho. She just tries so hard to hurt me with words because she knows she can't hit me when she's mad
laugh.gif
. The thing is,I'm a wordsmith. You can't beat me at a shouting match. I do it professionally hun
grin.gif
Poor baby.... she needs a better strategy orsomething
laugh.gif

I would break up with her, I don't accept being drunk as an excuse for her (or my) behavior.

I'm sober right now but my boo is crushed. She is a terrible drunk, it only takes the smallest thing to set her off. Tonight I picked her up and she flipped out in my jeep talking about how I'm a huge "jerk", she hasn't loved me in months, I treat her like crap, this that and the other. Can you break up w/ someone over things they said when they were drunk? I'm really over this..I feel like there's some deep issues that come out when she drinks..
My question is why are you on NT when you have a drunk girl around? Sure, she's mad now. But it just can't be that difficult...

Back
Top Bottom