would you date a woman with a child?

I lost my best friend because of this. Hooked up with his ex from middle school that has a child. I told him not to. He let her stay at his parents place. She dropped out of school and works as a receptionist. Broke up with his cool girl because of long distance. 8-9 months of seeing each other he got ex pregnant. Proposed to her on their 1 year anniversary. She's controlling and the fam doesn't like her. He's a simp.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

whats the deal w the baby daddy?
he's involved, has his share of days to take care of the child. They're not on the best of terms. 
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Depending on your age
Early 20's hell naw

mid to late 20's maybe
i'm 23

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This is a legitimate question. I don't think you'll truly know till you give it a try. I say go for it.

no it's not a legitimate question, it's selfish, hypocritical one.
Anyone who wouldn't, better castrate themselves if they do end up one day being a single parent. Every single dude who claims they wouldn't date a chick with a kid would still want to be loved if they themselves were a single parent.

There's nothing to discuss really. Like at all.
At this time in my life, its hard not to be selfish. Who isn't selfish at this point in life. Women who are single are out here are being selfish as well.

Which is probably why it is damn near impossible to build something real because everyone is out here looking out for themselves (which is understandable)

While everyone else has the energy to play the field and entertain options, she really does not have time for that, as she is committed 

to her situation of school, work, and child.  

Im confident enough to be measured up against other potentials, but I'm not one to be just an option. **%# is corny to me. 

Everyone out here playing cool, keeping their options open in hopes that the best option steps up...i fail to see any loyalty or honesty in this game. 

And with someone who has a stable situation, there is no room for games, or lies. Her situation is what it is. No smokes and mirrors. 

(if regular single girls can operate on no smokes and mirrors, it would be a different story, but hardly anyone about that life...) 

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

Sure... eat da kids lucnhables
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Word

I've always had a rule against dating women with children, however, if I met the right girl, I suppose I could make an exception.

I use to say I would never date a girl who has a child.
Recently I started talking to a girl I went to school, she has a baby girl almost two, we're 21, and I like her, Im really considering dating her.
She has here own place, nice whip with a good job to take care of herself and child.

Honestly OP, If you feel like you're ready for this type of commitment then hey, why not? I use the term commitment because obviously this wont be just a relationship with her, but also with her child. Granted if she's the right type of girl, that shouldn't even be any of your concern right off the bat. She shouldn't make the situation awkward for you. But you also have to keep in mind that at some point in time, if the relationship blossoms, you and her child will have to meet. Take all things into consideration and don't move too fast. Make sure that you yourself are mature enough to handle being in a situation like this. There's nothing wrong with dating a woman with a child from a previous relationship. Just take into consideration different responsibilities that COULD come along down the line.

but, Once again just Take it slow. I speak merely from experience. I just turned 24 this year if that means anything
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This is a legitimate question. I don't think you'll truly know till you give it a try. I say go for it.

no it's not a legitimate question, it's selfish, hypocritical one.
Anyone who wouldn't, better castrate themselves if they do end up one day being a single parent. Every single dude who claims they wouldn't date a chick with a kid would still want to be loved if they themselves were a single parent.

There's nothing to discuss really. Like at all.

what???? man dating is selfish in itself. the relationship can't be selfish, but the decision to date someone certainly is. there are millions of people in the world, and we are out here sizing them all up, looking for things we like and don't like about them based on our preferences, and choosing a person that is entirely appealing to us. its all about us. you're saying we're supposed to start dating everyone out there that has some undesirable qualities just because they still "want" to be loved? we're supposed to start thinking about hypothetical "what ifs" when we choose our partners. that's dumb. you're saying its not an issue like dating a woman with a child is just like dating every other woman out here. which is wrong. so OP, you have to decide if that situation is right for YOU. it sounds like you don't mind it and sounds like she has other qualities that you like, so based off that, i'd say go ahead and date her. dating is a live and learn experience anyways. but to dude i quoted talking about its not a legitimate question, that incredibly naive

Check her maturity level.

some of the coolest chicks i use to mess with were mid 20's with 1 or 2 kids when i was not legal to buy beer yet.

Its a 2 way street , there either past dude and relies that he is/was a bum of a guy , or the latter they are hung up on some corn ball for no reason.

We've had this thread before and as Ive said there's no reason for someone to settle like that.  IF you had a kid too, why not 
laugh.gif
  But if you dont, dont play yourself like that 
roll.gif

-edit-  Of course smashing is a go, this thread is about relationships
sick.gif

im in the same situation myself. so far its not as bad as i thought.

i knew the chick waay before she had her son. we were always attracted to each other but we were involved with our significant others at the time. 5-6 years later, she broke up with her ex-fiance/BD and recently moved out and got her own spot. she's everything you'd want in a chick and yada yada yada. my only problem is her son is still a baby. he's 3 and a terror. im willing to give it a chance and will take it a day a time.

Nah man. I've done it before don't do that to yourself....its nothing but drama. Unless the BD is COMPLETELY out of the kids life, you will always come across some type of situation that causes tension in your relationship because of it. Don't put yourself through it, its NOT worth it.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

I actually am right now.
ohwell.gif

Don't wanna move in with her yet.

You must be having second thoughts about it...in the back of your mind you prb feel like some @%%# ain't right. 

I did it for about two months...I must be a selfish cat cause I hated playing second fiddle to the kid and whatever issues would pop up with the bd that caused me to be put on ice. 

I would ask her questions about getting up and @%%#, and she hit me wit the, "we'll see" too many times. 

FOH.

I wouldn't do it.

I have and regret it. Homegirl was 14 when she got impregnated by an older guy, so I met her at 25 with a 10 year old kid. Neither of them ever had a real father, so I tried to be for a while. Took about 6 months to earn the kid's trust and love. For some weird reason, I guess the baby daddy made me more jealous in terms of the daughter than the girl, but eventually she accepted me as a dad, even acknowledged me on Father's Day.

...only for her mom to turn around and do me dirty. I guess that's the way it goes, you can't make a !!% a housewife.

As most people stated, I would smash... As far as dating no unless I have a child of my own. I'm not beat to raise someone else's child, regardless of how much or how little the child is around, he will now be a part of your life. The messed up thing Is that as we get older the higher are the chances of meeting a girl with kids... Hell it's bad enough finding one that's not into playing games throughout the dating process.I got a friend that's dated/dating woman with a child, they've been cool as hell, however they tend to be somewhat clingy...

Go for it. If you are really serious about a "mature" relationship this sounds like the proper test to see if that's what you really want. She may be looking for the same thing relationship wise as well.

I would't do it so I would advise you not to do it as well. At the end of the day if you and the girl get really serious, move in with each other or later on down the line get married I wouldn't want some other dude (even though he's the father of the kid) showing up at the front door of my place under any circumstances.

I cannot honestly answer this question until OP corrects the title. It's woman, not women
mad.gif
. It frustrates me to no end that people can't make this distinction while typing.
Spoiler [+]
And yes, I would. Depending on how the vibe of the situation is

^Deuce, how can you say if you wouldn't do it, someone else shouldn't?
laugh.gif
. How can you speak for that man in his situation? Your feelings about the topic doesn't always necessarily translate to others' as in all situations in life.

Back
Top Bottom