would you date a woman with a child?

Originally Posted by gllahone84

You must be having second thoughts about it...in the back of your mind you prb feel like some @%%# ain't right.
I did it for about two months...I must be a selfish cat cause I hated playing second fiddle to the kid and whatever issues would pop up with the bd that caused me to be put on ice.
I would ask her questions about getting up and @%%#, and she hit me wit the, "we'll see" too many times.
FOH. 
Yes I am. I'm not too sure what the future holds for me, but I hope I'll be okay.
She's told me numerous times she was gonna leave her bd

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This is a legitimate question. I don't think you'll truly know till you give it a try. I say go for it.

no it's not a legitimate question, it's selfish, hypocritical one.
Anyone who wouldn't, better castrate themselves if they do end up one day being a single parent. Every single dude who claims they wouldn't date a chick with a kid would still want to be loved if they themselves were a single parent.

There's nothing to discuss really. Like at all.
you're doing what's best for you, how is that selfish? people can't have preferences in who they date? If I were a single parent, of course I'd want to be loved but I wouldn't fault others for not wanting to date me. Paraplegics want to be loved as well, are you selfish for not wanting to date them?

^Deuce, how can you say if you wouldn't do it, someone else shouldn't?
laugh.gif
. How can you speak for that man in his situation? Your feelings about the topic doesn't always necessarily translate to others' as in all situations in life.

I specifically said I would "advise", meaning from the outside looking in or from what I know given from what OP has told us, I didn't say he shouldn't.  I simply gave my opinion. 

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Originally Posted by gllahone84

You must be having second thoughts about it...in the back of your mind you prb feel like some @%%# ain't right.
I did it for about two months...I must be a selfish cat cause I hated playing second fiddle to the kid and whatever issues would pop up with the bd that caused me to be put on ice.
I would ask her questions about getting up and @%%#, and she hit me wit the, "we'll see" too many times.
FOH. 
Yes I am. I'm not too sure what the future holds for me, but I hope I'll be okay.
She's told me numerous times she was gonna leave her bd

30t6p3b.gif

If you're having second thoughts then it's best to not follow through with it...never put too much trust in these females. I've been let down too many times when the only person I should have believed in was myself. 

Had a chick tell me she was leaving her bd and she was going through the courts, yadda yadda, but I didn't have the patience to deal with that.

I'm currently in this situation dating a girl with a 6 month old child and she is no longer with the bd but they fell out on a rough note.. So she is real tough towards guys she done built up a wall but she let me in but she still has trust issues with me because of her past..

But on another note it's difficult for me because she wants to talk with me about everything about her child and how dead beat the bd is.. I really hate hearing her talk about both things and she can have a very bad attitude when she feels I'm not listening to her situations..

Also it feels weird sometimes to always have her with her new born and me are out trying to spend qt. so I ask her to get a babysitter sometimes and she always hits me with the why can't my child come with us...

But to sum this all up it's tough and I should of never got myself in this situation

I'm 22 btw...

Originally Posted by Deuce King

^Deuce, how can you say if you wouldn't do it, someone else shouldn't?
laugh.gif
. How can you speak for that man in his situation? Your feelings about the topic doesn't always necessarily translate to others' as in all situations in life.

I specifically said I would "advise", meaning from the outside looking in or from what I know given from what OP has told us, I didn't say he shouldn't.  I simply gave my opinion. 

Gotchu

No, sir. Get your thang wet and bounce.

You'll always have to deal with her baby fathers in one way or another. You don't ever have to see the dude but you surely will deal with him.

Like someone on NT said in a similar thread...They're always reminded of their babys father when they look at their child.

"cant do it"... word to Mike Singltary 
Something about her having accepted and given fruition to another man's seed turns me all the way off. 

tired.gif

A lot of responsibility, you're agreeing to be part of the child's life unless she made it clear it's strictly just sex and nothing more.

You guys must be some extra caking making mfers that want to sit up under your girl all day long. Its totally possible to have a relationship with a woman with a child without becoming the "step daddy". I know becuase I've done it. You're not a step father until you marry a chick.

I mean, yes, you'll have to acknowledge the child, speak maybe even play a little bit. But that it.

All BS aside, if a chick does try to make you a step daddy, something about you said "sucka N" to that chick.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

You guys must be some extra caking making mfers that want to sit up under your girl all day long. Its totally possible to have a relationship with a woman with a child without becoming the "step daddy". I know becuase I've done it. You're not a step father until you marry a chick.

I mean, yes, you'll have to acknowledge the child, speak maybe even play a little bit. But that it.

All BS aside, if a chick does try to make you a step daddy, something about you said "sucka N" to that chick.

fixed.

laugh.gif
....smh
30t6p3b.gif

@blazinrook. It's down to you, if you feel that you can not only love the woman but also her child then it's worth the shot. Like some people say out their, it takes a boy to love a girl but a man to love a woman and her children

Originally Posted by thewestcoast

fixed.

roll.gif
@ the disrespect ... but on the really, I see where trill coming from... I just can't see myself doing it.

This thread comes up annually on NT. Yall have to provide pics of your situations.

As for the question, yes. If you're getting serious you have to make sure your ready and there's no drama.

Never would I do it. Never. 
If I’m ever going to take care of a child with a girl I’m with, I am going to be the father. I couldn’t find it in myself to care for her child as much as a child who my girl and I both created. Sorry. I don’t think it would be fair for me to build a bond with some child who I wouldn’t really care for; the child should have a person in their life who would be willing to do that. 

Having that child gain a fondness of me, and hurting their feelings since I had to separate with their mother, the kid possibly hating me, the child's father being a huge jerk, who I somehow have to see frequently, are some of the main reasons I'd never consider doing so.

Originally Posted by thewestcoast

fixed.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom