Would you date someone with different taste in music?

Music is very important to me and is the soundtrack to my life, but if I started listing preference and excluding potential mates who don't match my sensibilities I'd be a cat lady. I'm already picky enough as it is for relationships. :smh:

What kinda stupid question is this?   :lol:   Only on NT. 

Actuatlly when you think about it is very important. Thte thing is lets say I have smooth Jazz playing, its my calm down music and what I chill too but Homegirl listens to crap like I'm Different by 2 chainz. It means she gotta go

Headphones?

Why does everyone feel like it's necessary to have their music playing out loud? Everyone doesn't want to hear your smooth jazz, just like you don't want to hear her 2 chainz. In the end, your music should be personal unless you are in the car or a party.

Actuatlly when you think about it is very important. Thte thing is lets say I have smooth Jazz playing, its my calm down music and what I chill too but Homegirl listens to crap like I'm Different by 2 chainz. It means she gotta go
or... you could just burrow in her yambs till she ain't worries about music ...

Or put on headphones ...

Or go in another room...

I dont know... I dont spend that much time with chicks so maybe I'm not qualified to answer this... but headphones yambs or relocation is always an option.

threads like this make me realize why NTers always having girl trouble. disregard the lil stuff man :smh:

I'm talking to this chick right now and she's into that Mexican paisa music :x

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music but that is thee absolute worst kind of music.

She knows I don't get jiggy with it so she plays the radio when I'm her car (or I'll just drive so I can listen to whatever I want).

Issue resolved :smokin

I guess it's just a matter of what is important to you. So many of the things I enjoy revolve around music. I want a girl that I can take to shows and know that she's enjoying herself. I want a girl that isn't rolling her eyes as I play Sinatra while we're making dinner. Yeah, headphones could solve that issue if I wanted to detach myself from my surroundings. I want a girl who enjoys good music because I want to share that side of me with her. I don't want to have to separate that side of me from us. Luckily, I have all of that.

Last edited:
this thread is silly 
laugh.gif
 for those that have an issue with it

all I can picture is them with a big piece of tape dividing their house in two while both of them blasts their music

because that's the only way I can picture a different taste in music being a problem

Headphones?

Why does everyone feel like it's necessary to have their music playing out loud? Everyone doesn't want to hear your smooth jazz, just like you don't want to hear her 2 chainz. In the end, your music should be personal unless you are in the car or a party.

or... you could just burrow in her yambs till she ain't worries about music ...

Or put on headphones ...

Or go in another room...

I dont know... I dont spend that much time with chicks so maybe I'm not qualified to answer this... but headphones yambs or relocation is always an option.

Ok I might not be her cue to go when she plays that crap but it is kinda of a strike. Headphones are cool and all but Car rides and parties it gets weird. One girl played the 2 chainz ablum that came out in my car one the way to dinner and blasted that **** and got mad when I wasn't into it.

Hell when she got in the car I was playing Love after war and girl said it was boring. Major turnoff

Back
Top Bottom