Would you/have you ever put someone else's kids in check?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Sometimes I have to scold my nieces, which makes me feel awkward... but i'm not trying to overthrow my sister's authority, just letting them girls know they aren't going to get away with any crap around me.

Still - i do feel like it's not my place, and i shouldn't have to be in that position. but i can't let them do things that are wrong and ignore it, thereby reinforcing what they've doing.

I feel the same way...I have a nephew and he'll constantly do some stupid nonsense..he's only 2 but he's very smart and knows who takesauthority...he'll listen to my girl (his aunt) and knows he'll get in trouble if he does something wrong..however, I can't bring my self to scoldhim because it feels damn weird scolding a child who isn't mine..

I have though when he kept tripping over cords and my pc/laptop equipment..I would just stare him down, then he would give me the sad face..then I would hughim..im such a sucker i love that kid
laugh.gif

I put my nephews in check ALL the time and do not hesitate to put children in check who come by my area. I don't know why people are so afraid to do that.I've never had a parent get upset with me. It's all about how you say and approach things.

Hell yeah! Anybody shorter that 4 feet or younger than 12 is under my jurisdiction whenever I'm around, regardless of who's nut sack he or she jumpedup out of. You hear me mouse?! (
tongue.gif
) I don't play that !*@@ though, real talk. I'm too grown to play with kids man. They think they know EVERY damnthing. And I've had a couple dumb @#% parents get mad at me for telling their kid the right thing, like it's only cool to do the right thingif a specific person endorses it or some !*@@. I be like, "Aye man, go to school. Learn as much as you can" and this lil bad @#% bastard will belike, "But my momma said I ain't got to cuz it's friday and we ain't gon' do nothing no way". And the mom be right there, lookingproud of herself for being the "friendly" parent. Look here you stupid muh +!+@#%, I don't care about your pride and how much faux-authority youwere glad to gain when lil Junior exploded from your happy parts. I'm not trying to undercut you. I know that's your kid and all that jazz,but I'm not gonna run and tell on a 8 year old when he acts up because his mommy feels she's the ONLY person capable of teaching the boy somedamn manners! Parents should be glad it's other random people like myself that will cuss their bad @#% brats out for them in the middle of themall. I've taken my belt off for kids I just met and didn't even know their names yet, !*@@... I hate bad kids!

Nah... I don't ever say anything to the kids, I'll probably say something to the parents politely, but never kids.

I always try to put myself in other people's shoes. Because I know damn well that if I caught somebody yelling and scolding my kids... I'm gonna havemy kid's back ofcourse and have a conflict.

Kids are kids, like puppies are puppies... it's what kids do, we all did it. So I take the under consideration most of the time.

If kids, I don't know, get out of hand, and they are about to run into surrounding people. I tell them to stop it, they might hurt somebody. As far as mynieces and nephews go, I check them right away. I'll play with my nieces and nephews, but they know when I'm not joking around.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Hell yeah! Anybody shorter that 4 feet or younger than 12 is under my jurisdiction whenever I'm around, regardless of who's nut sack he or she jumped up out of. You hear me mouse?! (
tongue.gif
) I don't play that !*@@ though, real talk. I'm too grown to play with kids man. They think they know EVERY damn thing. And I've had a couple dumb @#% parents get mad at me for telling their kid the right thing, like it's only cool to do the right thing if a specific person endorses it or some !*@@. I be like, "Aye man, go to school. Learn as much as you can" and this lil bad @#% bastard will be like, "But my momma said I ain't got to cuz it's friday and we ain't gon' do nothing no way". And the mom be right there, looking proud of herself for being the "friendly" parent. Look here you stupid muh +!+@#%, I don't care about your pride and how much faux-authority you were glad to gain when lil Junior exploded from your happy parts. I'm not trying to undercut you. I know that's your kid and all that jazz, but I'm not gonna run and tell on a 8 year old when he acts up because his mommy feels she's the ONLY person capable of teaching the boy some damn manners! Parents should be glad it's other random people like myself that will cuss their bad @#% brats out for them in the middle of the mall. I've taken my belt off for kids I just met and didn't even know their names yet, !*@@... I hate bad kids!
little people, big world?? lol

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Hell yeah! Anybody shorter that 4 feet or younger than 12 is under my jurisdiction whenever I'm around, regardless of who's nut sack he or she jumped up out of. You hear me mouse?! (
tongue.gif
) I don't play that !*@@ though, real talk. I'm too grown to play with kids man. They think they know EVERY damn thing. And I've had a couple dumb @#% parents get mad at me for telling their kid the right thing, like it's only cool to do the right thing if a specific person endorses it or some !*@@. I be like, "Aye man, go to school. Learn as much as you can" and this lil bad @#% bastard will be like, "But my momma said I ain't got to cuz it's friday and we ain't gon' do nothing no way". And the mom be right there, looking proud of herself for being the "friendly" parent. Look here you stupid muh +!+@#%, I don't care about your pride and how much faux-authority you were glad to gain when lil Junior exploded from your happy parts. I'm not trying to undercut you. I know that's your kid and all that jazz, but I'm not gonna run and tell on a 8 year old when he acts up because his mommy feels she's the ONLY person capable of teaching the boy some damn manners! Parents should be glad it's other random people like myself that will cuss their bad @#% brats out for them in the middle of the mall. I've taken my belt off for kids I just met and didn't even know their names yet, !*@@... I hate bad kids!

And their dads allow that? Any stranger gets near my kid with a belt id be mad as *%++. If i had a kid that is
grin.gif

I spanked a girlfriend's little brother once while the parents were out on the town.

As soon as they came home, lil dude went to snitching and the parents were trying to get pissy. I just let them know, that when you leave your kid around me,he's subject to my form of discipline and in this case he was way outta line...

They took the L and conceded defeat.

Lil dude was
mad.gif
that his parents didn't spank me back.
laugh.gif

No, but I should though but can't. I have this little kid that comes into my office that calls me Jackie Chan (cause im asian) and F's with all thestuff on my desk and his dumb #%# moms lets him and doesn't say crap. Shes just as dumb as her kid.

Back
Top Bottom