Would you play in the NFL if you had the opportunity?

Guessing the reds weren't offering much of a signing bonus?
Wasn’t that, at the time it was better attend college, play and learn with an actual MLB scout/coach/pitcher. The MLB was allowing Cubans and DR prospects to play and a lot of those “18 year old” weren’t really 18. The competition and business side of the events at that time made playing at the pro level (Rookie ball) fresh from high school difficult. Those immigrants prospects could play for peanuts, I didn’t have that luxury. If I wanted to continue to play it had to be at a college where when the league was done with me I had my education to fall on.

Wasn’t that, at the time it was better attend college, play and learn with an actual MLB scout/coach/pitcher. The MLB was allowing Cubans and DR prospects to play and a lot of those “18 year old” weren’t really 18. The competition and business side of the events at that time made playing at the pro level (Rookie ball) fresh from high school difficult. Those immigrants prospects could play for peanuts, I didn’t have that luxury. If I wanted to continue to play it had to be at a college where when the league was done with me I had my education to fall on.

how long you end up at Albany St. for?

Back
Top Bottom