Would you switch rooms if?....

Your roommate smelled like last weeks garbage?......I can count on one hand how many times he has taken a shower since the beginning of school..
Dude is messy as can be....
Dude stays up ALL night playing starcraft, and watching cartoon network (The typing keeps me up)

The only pro is that dude never talks, which is all I want in a roomate, he also stays out of my business. And doesn't say nathin when I am on the phone inthe room for hours ( I would get heated if he did the same)

Anyways I have the opportunity to switch this semester....Would you risk the move?

Yes. There was this Indian cat in my class that had body odor like no other, I would purposely come in class after him so I know where he sits and I'd siton the other side of the room.

I would have a talk with your boy and tell him being unsanitary is not what's up and no computer love in the early AM hours.

If the only problem you have is the way he smells I would probably stay in the room and then let him know that he has a little bit of an issue. Be as honest,but friendly as you can. No one likes to be told they smell but it's best they know.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

If the only problem you have is the way he smells I would probably stay in the room and then let him know that he has a little bit of an issue. Be as honest, but friendly as you can. No one likes to be told they smell but it's best they know.

That is what I am saying, I don't even mind messiness, but Cmon we are juniors, and body odor is an issue?
I don't know how to go about saying that dude smells like straight garbage, its affecting my sleeping habits. I have to spray air freshener RIGHT before Igo to sleep.

I'd talk to him about it. If he doesn't change of course. Think about it like this, your paying paying all this money to live in the dorm you shouldatleast be comfortable feel me?

I'd switch, and let him know that he has 'B.O.' in a friendly way like Fanatic15 said. Let him know that he needs to clean up after himself aswell.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I'd talk to him about it. If he doesn't change of course. Think about it like this, your paying paying all this money to live in the dorm you should atleast be comfortable feel me?

Haha the way I read this I imagined you stutterin'.....anyway, I would tell the dood as polite as possible like, "Fam, no disrespect or nothin',I'm not one to blatantly disrespect somebody, but I just wanted to tell you that you have a body odor. I mean, I don't know what it is, but it'snoticeable. I'm just lookin' out for you, just wanted to tell you. Don't take it the wrong way."

Or somethin' like that. I still would consider movin' tho haha.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

pee on him, urine eliminates odor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would switch rooms…I don't think I can tell someone straight face that they have a body odor problem and they need to shower more often. That's notwhat I'm there for, and to be honest, no matter how you sugar coat it, they will still feel bad.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

I'd switch, and let him know that he has 'B.O.' in a friendly way like Fanatic15 said. Let him know that he needs to clean up after himself as well.
There's ur answer. Let him know he'll never get any cutty if he smells like "a bums pocket" (sorry had to steal that line
laugh.gif
)If yall have single dorms, try your luck w/ that. I did my first 2 yrs of college and was happy.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

If the only problem you have is the way he smells I would probably stay in the room and then let him know that he has a little bit of an issue. Be as honest, but friendly as you can. No one likes to be told they smell but it's best they know.

He probably doesn't know he stinks so if you can find a way to tell him in a nice way then do it but if you can't bring yourself to tell him he stinksjust switch rooms.

You might switch and get a roommate that's worse though so make sure the cons outweigh the pros in the current situation your in before u decide to move.

If you stay you can always just put air fresheners all over your room.

tell him in a nice way... trust me your not just helping yourself but helping him as well

Back
Top Bottom