Would you want to be in a movie type situation, but in "real life"?

I just got done studying and a random thought came to me.
Why isn't there some type of place or rather an amusement park that lets ordinary people relive some of their favorite movie scenes? When you're watching a movie, don't ever think to yourself, "how would I act in that situation?"

The idea behind the park would be putting ordinary people in extraordinary situations to see how they would handle it.
For instance, imagine you and your buddy have to be chained together and fight gladiators(other people visiting the park) to win some sort of prize. It would be similar to Gladiator.

Or what about those classic bomb defusing scenes? Imagine having to defuse some fake bomb to save a building from blowing up.
Even though I have not seen Ocean's Eleven, imagine that you and your buddies have to pull off some heist similar to that.
Imagine being in a foot chase on some Jason Bourne steez.
Imagine having to carry your "wounded" bud while your buddies have to fight off people that are trying to prevent your team from catching a plane. On some Blood Diamond steez.

Or how about robbing a bank? You and your buddies would have to try to rob a bank as fast as possible, then some other visitors of the park would be the cops and they would try their best to stop you. On some Heat steez.

Wouldn't that be dope as ….?
Spoiler [+]
I don't smoke weed.

Seems like that idea would be expensive to build but i think it would be fun as hell.
The scene i want to do is from Bad Boys. When Fouchet comes to Mikes building to kidnap ole girl and Will chases through the streets. LEGGGOOO!!

^I agree, I'd be damn expensive, but worth it imo. Doesn't Kanye West want to make his own park? He should try to make this thread idea happen. Dude's going to make a KILLING from those Yeezy 2 resale prices.

I'd love to do some Fast and Furious stuff, or that scene from Wanted when Angelina Jolie drives the Viper and flips it into a bus 
pimp.gif

Sounds like a cool idea the only issue is that you wouldn't have the element of surprise...which is what makes the movie scene so much more exciting.

Would wanna be in all the wedding crashers sex scenes with the redhead

I would love to recreate the Ocean's 11 heist. The target has to be someone who's never seen the movie of course.

It's basically an elaborate live action role play. You'd need everyone involved to be well aware of the rules and limits. In the Gladiator example, it seems like you'd have people paying money to fight each other and it's going to need to be controlled extensively. You can't just have people be turned loose and say "fight your way out" because then you have injuries, people taking it too far, you'd need staff throughout and that might ruin an element of the fantasy. You'd also need everyone to sign wavers before they do anything because the chance of injury seems incredibly high. When you have "opponents", they'd need to be at various difficulty levels to accommodate different customers. Each level would need a limit as to what they can do, how fast they can run, how skilled they are, etc.

If you removed a lot of the options out of an individual event.. like a Jason Bourne foot and car escape. You'd have people run an obstacle course of sorts, in an urban environment for example. You know the course or you're giving a couple options at different points, you'd have people "chasing" you for a length of time. You get to point X, they run after you til point Y, and if they catch you, you're done. Then a stunt driving course of sorts, then it might work.

Practically speaking, it would probably be a really niche park because the time and cost of some of these ideas would be pretty high. Not to mention, the possible risk of injury that would turn off a lot of people. Very interesting, though.

not re-enacting scenes from a movie but i've seen on tv a scenario testing your instincts in an accident, for example a) person laying still on the ground b) group of screaming people trapped in a car w/ electrical cables on the ground c) car on fire

as you approach the scene you are expected to handle each situation accordingly.. it looks easy on paper but put in the situation with all sorts sensory stimulants it can be overwhelming

if a Norsegod started wrecking havoc and you told me you need me to pilot a suit of armor?
son.........

Originally Posted by Big J 33
I agree with all the points you just made.

On another note:
I don't know how I didn't include this classic movie situation in the OP, but imagine you and your buddies had to fight zombies on some Resident Evil steez.
You and your buddies have to "escape" from an area filled with zombies and an element of surprise is that one of your buddies will HAVE to be a traitor i.e. sacrifice someone to get away from a zombie, but no one will know who.
The paradox would be that you would have to work with your buddies, but you know that one of them can't be trusted. Everyone will have a little bit of ammo so teamwork and scavenging for ammo or tools will be a crucial part of escaping safe and sound.
Or another situation would be that you and your buddies have to infiltrate a zombie infested building to retrieve an antidote for your friend(s) who got "bit" by a zombie.
Now your team is on a race to get that antidote before your friend(s) turns into zombie(s) and starts eating your team's brains.
That would be so awesome!
sick.gif
pimp.gif

If Frieza came to Earth with his dad and I was given super saiyan abilities to take him out with the whole world watching
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

Would Mila Kunis be my co-star? Sign me up for Friends with Benefits 2.
You beat me to it
laugh.gif
 This is the first thing I thought of

Crazy fun idea, insanely expensive if executed in real life.

Back
Top Bottom