Would you wear your DS retro 3's?

I just bought some DS crisp (no yellowing or cracking) jordan 3's white/cement. I have friends telling me not to wear them and to just wait for the dunk pack later this year. I have some friends who say just wear them. I want to wear them honestly, but scare they will absolutely fall apart. How old is too old for a sneaker to be worn?

What year are they from? Is the air window clear? How were the stored? How does the mid-sole feel? You need to post some more info on them. But these are some ways to tell, III's will crumble if they are too old.

Which white cement III's did you buy? If it says Nike Air on the back tab then don't wear because they will fall apart.
If it's a jumpman on the back tab then you should be good. Pretty sure all 03 white cement III's are wearable.

Just wear them don't matter how old they are
game recognizes game
pimp.gif

why would u not wear them?
to look at them?
shoes were made for one reason, to be worn, not stared at, its not a piece of art that ur gonna hang on ur wall.

i would just keep em DS, and im a guy that wears all my kicks, but i busted out a pair of DS Flips the other day for literally 3 hours for the first time, they cracked worse than any pair that i have or ever owned, it was disgusting.

It depends. I wish to wear them everyday, like the Annivesary one just copped. However, it is toooo easy yellowed since I walked with them under the great sunshine several times.. Sad....

I wear my cement IVs from 98 all the time, they wouldnt be up to ballin in but for casual wear its fine. Like people said if you wanna make on em sell them now before they are retroed later this year.

Originally Posted by x41133127x

I just bought some DS crisp (no yellowing or cracking) jordan 3's white/cement. I have friends telling me not to wear them and to just wait for the dunk pack later this year. I have some friends who say just wear them. I want to wear them honestly, but scare they will absolutely fall apart. How old is too old for a sneaker to be worn?

info on the dunk pack? havent heard anythin bout that. PM me if ya can.

if you wanna wear them, wear em.

Originally Posted by evisumane123

i would just keep em DS, and im a guy that wears all my kicks, but i busted out a pair of DS Flips the other day for literally 3 hours for the first time, they cracked worse than any pair that i have or ever owned, it was disgusting.

you mean the paint chipped right
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wear them. Only don't wear them if you intend to sell them to a collector. They probably will fall apart if they are older but at the same time like most people are saying why buy them n not wear them. So, unless you are just creating a collection or are trying to resell. Wear them!

If the midsoles are firm then your good to go just wear them. If anything happens then its just how it had to go down lol.

Originally Posted by sneakerking2033

If the midsoles are firm then your good to go just wear them. If anything happens then its just how it had to go down lol.

WORD.this is the safest way of determining if you're shoes are still wearable or not. the midsoles of the air jordan's 2-5 are practically the same.if they feel soft and they dont give any resistance to pressure when you press them, you cant use the shoes anymore. might as well keep them brand new instead of picking them on the floor.hth.

THANKS RED  

This thread is very relevant to me...I just got a pair of DS Fire Red III's in the mail today from a fellow NT'er and I still trying to decide If I'm going to wear them or not. III's are definately one of my favorite pairs out of the 1-5 numbered line, But I Just can't find myself to have to courage to take that first step out of the house and on to the DIRTY concrete lol. It's so hard for me...I've got about 15-16 Pairs that Are still deadstock, and I don't want to get them dirty. But I guess the idea is shoes were made to wear right? It is, But it's just such a hard decision to make for me lol.

And when I do/if wear my Fire Red III's I definately won't wear them with a brand new pair of blue jeans O.O

Back
Top Bottom